PDA

View Full Version : SX 250 pipe I won

Huffa
07-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Thought this would fetch a lot more then it did.

I got it for $76 + 11 shipping and it's brand spanking new.

Should add a few ponies with the correct jetting I hope.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/77/88/1d_1_b.JPG

bigredhead
07-16-2005, 09:13 PM
@!#$^@#$&%&%@^#%#$$#*$*^$*^%

Dammit.. i missed the end of the auction.

I was gonna put up a bidding war up to 100 for that thing..

!@FAGR%$#@%!!T@G!#@$^^@!^$#@A

350Xccelerator
07-16-2005, 09:30 PM
ah yes another steal on a supertrapp pipe, i got mine used for $85 with shipping on ebay, felt really good to see that i had won it so cheap.

bigredhead
07-16-2005, 09:31 PM
I've been checking up on that aucion all week.. every chance i got.. i was going to be at my computer with visa in hand.......

Low and behold.. friend of mine recently started a landscaping business and needed help.. was supposed to be back no later than 5pm. aucion was to end at 7... and i was NOT BACK !!!...

i'm so pissed right now it ain't even funny.... Rrrrrrr.....

Huffa
07-16-2005, 09:58 PM
I just HAD to have it being that it was brand new and quite rare. I was pissed when I had to go away and not be home for what I thought would be a great bidding war at the very end but it never took place.

I bid a full 150 just to make sure that I would win and even then I wasn't positive. What a pleasent surprise when I came home. :D :beer

I figure some things, like the pipe, are worth top buck and even more when they are not made any more and still brand new. Just look at what this one is going for with 2 days left and it's not near as nice......... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-XT-TT-500-SUPERTRAPP-EXHAUST-PIPE-MUFFLER_W0QQitemZ4561064920QQcategoryZ35596QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wonder when they stopped making them for the SX though :confused: :wondering :confused:

Huffa
07-16-2005, 10:02 PM
ah yes another steal on a supertrapp pipe, i got mine used for $85 with shipping on ebay, felt really good to see that i had won it so cheap.

Good deal you got too!

How's the tone on those things? I'm hoping it's not too loud as I am one that cares about that.

How many disc are you running? Ever experiment with the amount? Jetting changes?

nouseforaname90
07-17-2005, 10:31 AM
EDIT:

DO NOT bypass the word filter! :mad:

OldSchoolin86
3WW Moderator

Huffa
07-17-2005, 01:33 PM
When you PM'ed me with that auction and said you wanted it, I almost **** myself because I wanted it too.. but I would feel bad outbidding you whenever you are the one that discovered and wanted it first.. :D lol.

I wouldn't have minded, really. If I would of, I certainly would not of let you know about it.

Next time (if there is one) I tell you about something feel free to bid if interested. :beer

Honestly though, would you have bid ($150) as high as me?

chris200x
07-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Nice score huffa. I forgot about that. You have a ST on the bumblebee too don't you?

Huffa
07-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Nice score huffa. I forgot about that. You have a ST on the bumblebee too don't you?

No I don't but should have.

Let me explain. I won the ST for the 225 but got into a conflict with the seller and I learned from it.

I won and asked when I could pick it up, being that every seller I ever asked said no problem with P/*. He said absolutely no P/*'s. I got back to him and said I'll be with in 10 miles of his house! Again he replied back, sorry, no P/*'s. He wanted to charge me 18.00 to ship when I very well could of just picked it up!

I told him forget it then and never paid so I have one negative against me because of that. Some people I guess don't want to be bothered with ebay P/*'s which is understandable I guess?

So from then on I always ask 1st before bidding if item can be picked up. So far every one else says "sure, no problem" but this particular guy was really stubborn. Geeez, I could of easily just met him down the road a bit from his location but he wanted nothing to do with it so screw him.

I even asked what would happen if I lived just down the road and he kept giving me the same line "sorry, no P/*'s" and that ticked me off :mad:

Ended up a month later or so Lonsome TriZ on here got the pipe :D

350Xccelerator
07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Good deal you got too!

How's the tone on those things? I'm hoping it's not too loud as I am one that cares about that.

How many disc are you running? Ever experiment with the amount? Jetting changes?
well i think it sounds great, i am running 12 discs in it though so it might be loud for some people. ive never taken any discs out, it came with 12 so i just left it. i did put a 145 maint jet in it though because i ride up here and down in mexico sometimes, nothing has happened to it yet because of the jetting so its cool.

nouseforaname90
07-17-2005, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't have minded, really. If I would of, I certainly would not of let you know about it.

Next time (if there is one) I tell you about something feel free to bid if interested. :beer

Honestly though, would you have bid ($150) as high as me?

Probably. I'd rather have a SuperTrapp for $150 than a Cobra Megaphone for $120..
It'd be greatly appreciated if you would PM me the next time you see another pipe like that :D

bigredhead
07-17-2005, 11:07 PM
I would have put down 100 without even thinking twice.. 150 is a tad more than i can afford right now, but even at 150 it would have been worth it just to have one that can be bolted right up.

I'll keep looking and when the time comes i'll try again.

I'm glad at least a forum member got it !

Congrats man !

Tri-ZNate
07-18-2005, 07:50 AM
:mad: Your lucky I didnt see it :naughty:

Blown 331
07-18-2005, 10:04 AM
I just HAD to have it being that it was brand new and quite rare. I was pissed when I had to go away and not be home for what I thought would be a great bidding war at the very end but it never took place.

I bid a full 150 just to make sure that I would win and even then I wasn't positive. What a pleasent surprise when I came home. :D :beer

I figure some things, like the pipe, are worth top buck and even more when they are not made any more and still brand new. Just look at what this one is going for with 2 days left and it's not near as nice......... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-XT-TT-500-SUPERTRAPP-EXHAUST-PIPE-MUFFLER_W0QQitemZ4561064920QQcategoryZ35596QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wonder when they stopped making them for the SX though :confused: :wondering :confused:

I could use that pipe for the TT500, I have 3 of them! I'm running an open down pipe on one, loud!

Huffa
07-24-2005, 08:08 PM
I could use that pipe for the TT500, I have 3 of them! I'm running an open down pipe on one, loud!

That TT 500 one went for .....................

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 265.00 Wholy cow !!!!! YIKES !!!!!!

Now I really feel good about the deal I got!! :beer :D :beer