PDA

View Full Version : some people need to put the crack pipe down

deathman53
07-16-2005, 09:29 PM
look at the price of this 350x headlight switch, starting bid of $200!!!!!! I'm sure they are rare, but $200 for a $50 part?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=43976&item=4562296396

twgranger
07-16-2005, 09:36 PM
That is NUTS!!

Orangecnty250r
07-16-2005, 10:15 PM
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=keithmart

Looks like the seller mindymart is the same guy as keithmart (A guy that some of us are familiar with) He must have come up with another name for his 3 wheeler parts business and is keeping the keithmart for his phone equipment business. Maybe its all the derogatory emails some have sent. They both have the same zip code.... he hides the location in his keithmart auctions but he bought something off me before so I know his zip :naughty:

Its expensive but you have to admit hes got some cool stuff hanging out at his place (even some nos 350x plastics in his other auctions) Its not cheap getting discontinued stuff..

250r'en +TCB
07-16-2005, 11:28 PM
even though that is insanly priced, go to you local honda dealer adn it will be even more than that.....if you can even still get it, I know you can't for my 85 R

Huffa
07-17-2005, 06:56 AM
Any part that is unavailable any more can really climb high in price (as you all know) BUT that particular part IS still available according to bike bandit for 70 bucks!!

4: SWITCH ASSY. 156663-001 $69.04

Maybe the guy doesn't know that, maybe he does? If someone does pays top buck for it though, it's their own fault.

Even though that may be (your own fault) I condone that kind of practice as I wrote to him.

"You might not know this, I could be wrong OR you could be intentionally tryng to rip people off and I'm not accusing you of it YET but that part is still avalable for $70 so why is it at such a high 1st bid price?"

If we notice he keeps this up, he should be locked at the top of here so everyone takes note of it.

Orangecnty250r
07-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Alot of stuff that shows on these parts places as available comes up discontinued when you actually attempt to order them. I'm not sure about this part in particular but Ive had that happen many times (to many-- I wish people would update their damm websites more often) . From my experience if you want something for a project buy it when you have a chance. Dont fall into a false since of security because it still shows up on a website. I do know that he has sold some stuff that was still available in the past. This debate has gone on before about over priced stuff. Maybe some of the new guys have some insight or opinions. It really doesnt bother me. Ive always said some people pay sticker for a vehicle and some people get the price down significantly. If someone pays $ 200 and are happy because they didnt have to spend the time researching and they have the loot--so be it.

sandpuppi101
07-17-2005, 08:15 AM
The way I was to understand ,don't all Honda dealers have Regional warehouses!Say with me living in Mi.That the warehouse my local dealers gets its parts from is say in OH.and serves a region.So some dealers may be able to get oem parts while others have'nt had a particular part for years.I bet someone buys that switch !!!

250RNUT
07-17-2005, 09:06 AM
where do you think he is buying the parts. It's not from his personal collection,It's from the honda shop down the street.Just night right but if your stupid I would take the money also.

md1985250r
07-17-2005, 10:26 AM
even though that is insanly priced, go to you local honda dealer adn it will be even more than that.....if you can even still get it, I know you can't for my 85 R

You are correct about that switch being overly priced.However you are wrong about getting a new one for your trike.They are readily available and cost around $ 72.45 + shipping. GREG

md1985250r
07-17-2005, 10:33 AM
watch how high this headlight goes http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4562099221&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 and I can get a brand new in the box shell for $72.45 GREG

250r'en +TCB
07-17-2005, 12:12 PM
^^^ Wo Wo Wo, hold on now!! You can get a brand new headlight and shroud and wires and all that crap for $72.45?!?!?! Um, clue me in as to WHERE, PLEASE!!!

Orangecnty250r
07-17-2005, 12:19 PM
^^^ Wo Wo Wo, hold on now!! You can get a brand new headlight and shroud and wires and all that crap for $72.45?!?!?! Um, clue me in as to WHERE, PLEASE!!!

I think he said just the shell. But all that extra stuff does add up quickly

deathman53
07-17-2005, 12:23 PM
cal-atv has them.

md1985250r
07-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I said the shell for that . I know it is not "complete", however for the money that that headlight is going for right now, I would rather just buy everything new .It is all still available!!

twgranger
07-17-2005, 12:42 PM
^^^ Wo Wo Wo, hold on now!! You can get a brand new headlight and shroud and wires and all that crap for $72.45?!?!?! Um, clue me in as to WHERE, PLEASE!!!Read again, He said the headlight shell not the whole unit. :o

Huffa
07-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Well here is the reply I got back from the ebay switch seller.

You be the judge.

"Thank you for your sincere concern about something that is really none of your business. Are you a seller---no, that's right your just a non-paying bidder. Do you accuse the people at Walmart of ripping you off?? Do you think they sell you your toilet paper at THEIR cost.....i don't think so. How many thousands did you get "ripped off" the last time you bought a vehicle.........oh yah, you probably bought it at the sellers cost!! It's called MAKING MONEY blockhead and it's what sellers do--pretty simple concept really. I guess if you can get the switches for 70 bucks you probably better get yourself half a dozen or so and quit watching mine! Have a nice day!"

I'm just not the type of guy that would by a part from a Honda dealer then hope to sell it for almost 3 times the price taking advantage of "dumb" customers.

Yes, anyone can do as they please on ebay but this kind of selling turns me off. I never accused them of doing so (only asked) but from the reply it seems that this is their method of selling.

Orangecnty250r
07-17-2005, 01:45 PM
I'll betcha he got a couple of those emails so he sounds a little on edge. I guess we'll see what happens. Another method Ive seen when people list things higher than normal is that they make the bidders name private so other ebayers cant inform them of reality of prices if something is still available.

deathman53
07-17-2005, 03:22 PM
well. it is discontinued and reatailed for $85

350Xccelerator
07-17-2005, 05:18 PM
well i sure wouldnt mind having a new one on my bike, but jeez thats a crazy!!

sandpuppi101
07-22-2005, 10:32 PM
looks like that light switch has a new owner,I knew someone would bid on it ,I knew it!!LOL Hope that fella sees my auctions!!!