PDA

View Full Version : Z/KFX 400 opinions

200xadam
07-17-2005, 06:29 PM
hey im interested in buying a KFX 400. i was wondering if any of * guys have one. and how * like it?? and what kind of rideing there best/worste for?

i have ridden them and think there a lot of fun but want to know if there are any owners that have had troubles with them?

corndawg
07-18-2005, 11:28 PM
ive got a DVX400 (same as z/kfx).. i love it, very good all around machine. great in tight trails, climbs like a champ, wheelies good, goes through mud decent for a 2wd sport quad and is a pretty fast machine

Power_Ram100
07-20-2005, 06:30 PM
My buddy has a 03 KFX 400. Its a great sport quad. It handles almost everything you can throw at it. Handles jumps very well. The only bad thing for my buddy is my Tri Z walks all over it :D

200xadam
07-21-2005, 04:35 PM
thanks guys! yea ive ridden the dvx version as well but i didnt like it as much as the kfx or z, because the seat is like a rock, and the suspension feels like a raptor. but i would like to know if there are any problems people have with them?? motor troubles or anything to watch out for??

jdparsons1
08-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Only thing worth mentioning is the 2003/2004 frame on both the KFX and the Z are fairly weak in the front end. I've had mine for a year and its been fine and im a moderate jumper (4 or 5 feet of air) my friend who use to race mx broke his right above both of the front shock mounts within a couple months. Many people once they crack them will have them torn down and gussetted and then powder coated and they are fine after that. The other problem with the front end is what i just saw with mine. I let my cousin ride mine and he clipped a railroad tie with the left front tire. Bent the rim, tie rod and the frame has a slight bend in it. I ended up claiming it on my insurance and buying a 2005 kfx frame which is supposed to be much stronger. Here is a pic of my baby all cleaned up with the new rims i just bought for it.

http://parsons.dynu.com/kfx/KFX.jpg

cliff2302
08-26-2005, 06:35 PM
I love that way that looks. I wouldn't mind trying to fit the rear plastic and tank from that on to my T3.

BigAir660R
08-26-2005, 07:17 PM
are you gonna buy a new or used one, cause the new ones have updated suspension and frames. They arnt the fastest out there but id take one over a 400ex anyday. They are all around awesome quads!