PDA

View Full Version : :( Everyone must Read!!!!!

jmack3986
07-18-2005, 02:20 AM
at 11:00 pm sunday my buddy was hit by a car while he was ridding his street bike up to my friend camdens house. he wrecked about 300yrds from us. the lady who hit him, hit him with enough force to send the bike flipping into an imbank ment which the bike had engraved itself into it. once we found out it was him we all rushed down immediatley. when we got there the lady who hit him the @#$%^ she was,was more concerned about her car then the rider she had just hit. My frined was immeddiatley transported to grant hospital in columbus ohio where the doctors said he was paralized from the waste down and he had slipped into a coma. Now it looks like he might not live. this all happend because one person didnt pay attention to what she was doing. Please everyone be safe and whatch out for bikers. so far that is all i know and i can only hope that he will be able to walk and that he will be right in the head. the bike itself can tell you he was hit hard. it shattered the case on the left side of the bike, ripped off the fairing all the way around. So please be carefull and watch what you are doing it can save lives. thank you :(

bigredhead
07-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Bikers don't get respect on the roads, it's insane.. i ride my battery bike to work and back everyday and you have to have eyes on the back of your head, people just think you'll get " out of the way " .. when they need to share the frickin road.

I had a city bus blow by me last week , actually rubbed my left side handlebars i got all out of control. hit the curb HARD and somehow regained control !

I now wear my helmet to work.. yes. on my bycicle.

That's awful man.. i hope he pulls thru. i send you my best wishes !

G

jmack3986
07-18-2005, 11:30 AM
thanks man i appreciate it

nouseforaname90
07-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I couldn't imagine having one of my friends die or be paralyzed.. I hope he comes out ok.. best of wishes.

jmack3986
07-18-2005, 12:00 PM
thanks man. i will find out more when we go up tonight right before i race the r if i fix my trucks brake problem.

asc180
07-19-2005, 07:34 AM
82% of all bike accidents are caused by auto drivers not paying attention. You have to be defensive. Sorry to hear about your friend.

jmack3986
07-28-2005, 12:07 AM
well it turned out she was passing a truck on a double yellow line and my friend hit his brakes and swervered to avoid her but she in turn swerved into him leaving him paralyized and in the hospital. well now we have wrote a letter to west coast customs to see if the will make him a trex for free as a charity type thing cause of the accident. but every one i know has sold there street bikes and it is the end of ridding them for most of my friends

speed20
07-28-2005, 12:27 AM
I agree.....vehicle drivers have no respect for bike riders.....I wear a helmet when i ride a bicycle, and some make fun of me, but i could care less, i would rather walk away from a crash with a brain intact. My father doesnt want me to get a street bike, just because he knows how careless vehicle drivers are....he was in an accident with a vehicle, but thankfully he was alright. I think there should be a NATIONWIDE law that states any vehicle on a road must stay so far behind a motorcycle, or so far in front of a motorcycle unless passing.....failure to do so will result in a ticket, possibly jail time. I do agree somewhat with being defensive, but its a 3,000lb car versus a 500lb bike.....Motorcycles should have the right of way, NO MATTER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES. I seen a man in alabama on the Highway 72 riding a motorcycle with a sidecar, atleast i thought.....i pulled up beside him slowly (so he knew i was there) and he was in a wheelchair riding a motorcycle....i cautiously got his attention and we talked for about 45 minutes....He told me he was in an accident with a full size truck, the truck rearended him. but he told me "As long as I am alive, NOTHING will stop me from riding my bike"

EZ in NZ
07-28-2005, 12:46 AM
I don't ask for right of way when I ride, just an equal share of road use and courtesy. You don't always get it of course and people like her are proof of that.

All the best for your friend - that's a tough break for sure!

BTW, bicycle helmets are mandatory in this country, anyone caught and over 14 gets a $75 ticket without one on.

speed20
07-28-2005, 12:53 AM
I wish the United States was like that.....alot of people from different countries think the united states is like the best place to live.....but believe me.....this place is just as messed up as iraq and afghanistan, just under different circumstances.

Dammit!
07-28-2005, 01:21 AM
I wish the United States was like that.....alot of people from different countries think the united states is like the best place to live.....but believe me.....this place is just as messed up as iraq and afghanistan, just under different circumstances.

Something tells me you've never been to iraq or afghanistan.

nimda78
07-28-2005, 01:42 AM
^^^^ dAmnnit, i doubt homie there has finished puberty, or middle scool to add a comment like that here and now.

with that said, our prayers here in VA are with your homie , jmack, as well as with his friends and family. believe in what you want, just believe in something.

speed20
07-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Of all the things i have to say.....I will only say this. I have not been to Iraq or Afghanistan, nor would i want to go. But this topic isnt about that.....I just think the United States needs to step up for the sake of bikers. How much money do you think the US makes from bikers? the least they could do is give the bikers and family members an ease of mind, to where their families dont have to worry about scraping them off the road.

TrikeKid
07-28-2005, 02:09 AM
they dont make as much as they do from people that drive other vehicles. Bikers don't deserve anything more than someone in a car, the do deserve the same respect though. You'd have to be blind to get in a wreck with a bike and be able to say " I didn't see him". 90% of bikes are bright colored and loud, you need to pay some Fing attention, otherwise I hope sombody in a truck "doesnt see you".

monster 84r
07-28-2005, 05:21 AM
jmack i wish your friend the very best. the pimp my ride idea is great, not only would it be a great ride for your buddy, and it would also raise awareness of the driving issues motorcyclists face these days. my own uncle was in acoma for 4 days, and was hooked up to morphine for 2 weeks after he was hit by a drunk driver going 50 on his goldwing. drivers need to be more aware of others sharing the road. best of luck to both of you.

honda200boyatc
07-31-2005, 12:04 AM
last year in duluth a kid was riding his rocket down the highway this lady cut out in front of him and then slamed her brakes on he couldn't stop in time and flow over to front of the car and died.

brapp
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
2 years ago my ex girlfriend, at the time present girlgriend both bought bikes, i had a cbr1100 and she had a 500 ninja, just to go out cruising the curvey mountain road sup here in pa, well we were heading up to the pocono's and someone tried to pass us and somehow got between her and i, and i tried to pull over some in a passing zone to let the person by and he proceded to pass, i was almost at a nice easy 35 mph and it got to the point wherte thier rear axle was even with me and they locked up thier brakes instead of hitting ther gas a little bit and then tried to get back behind me, by this time she was about 20-30 feet behind me and she ended up hitting hard cliped the passencer sdide corner of thier little ford ranger she flew over the corner of the bed and broke her neck on impact with the guard rail. she is now laid to rest, and i was heartbroken, i will never find another girl like her, she used to ride quads and trikes with me too. and supporterd me in all my prijects. but it just goes to show you no matter how much respect you give someone you just cant be ready enough for sonone who isnt using thier head. r.i.p. lisa your missed verry much. and i hope noon e has to deal with what i have been trough with that, and hops your friend recovers and is somehow able to walk again. its all time and faith. hope things get well. best wishes and your friend will be in out prayers