PDA

View Full Version : So does anyone see anything wrong with this listing?

Louis Mielke
07-19-2005, 07:05 AM
This is my listing. It currently sold and now the guy is unhappy because he swears they don't fit his bike, but he won't return them for a refund he's claiming I knew they wouldn't fit and that I'm a con. I posted the listing exactly as follows and i put the same little blurb at the end of each of my auctions.

"Up for bids is the rear wheel hubs from a 1985 Honda trx250r and should fit the other Honda atvs. I received these items in a lot, the hubs have been bead blasted and are in nice shape but could use a paint job. These came with an atc lot but I don't think these are standard sizes. Please look closely. These are great spares.

These items are sold as is. No guarentee expressed or implied. You see what you get. Please email me with questions before you bid. All sales are final but I'll do the best I can to help you out if there are any problems. Buyers are responsible for fitment, please look carefully, check with your dealer, and ask questions.

I offer a glass bead blasting service on all parts (excluding large engine cases) for an additional $5 per part. Bead blasting is like sand blasting only using a fine material that leaves a nice finish. This service removes all rust and makes the part look like brand new in most cases. Please email me for inquiries.

I reserve the right to end auctions early due to local sale, trade deals and other situations. If there are no bids by the last hour of the auction I will end early to prevent snipping. Thanks and happy ebaying."

Here's a link too http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4555083606&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT

Now I told the guy I understood that he was unhappy and tried several avenues to make him happy. Finally i offered him a refund if he returned the items and he wasn't happy with that. He wan'ts me to just send him money for nothing.. Now I tried the hubs on a 250r axel and they fit the splines just fine so I'm asuming he's haveing a bolt pattern issue. Course he hasn't described his problem just that they don't fit. He also claimed they are 200x hubs..which I know not to be so, I own both an 85 and 86 200x. I dunno what to do. I\m waiting for a bad feedback at this point...I guess I just hafta take it on the chin. I have a feeling he's on this board but I'm not sure. He's called me a liar and this bothers me, I don't lie and I don't cheat anyone. I feel I've been fair. I've had several good deals here on the board and met several people in person. I just don't know what to do to remedy the situtaion. I'm willing to do anything but blindly send him money with no parts in return. If I did that then everyone would want a refund for any little mistaked they make.

Oh and to add the only question he asked me was what condition the splines were in. Which they were in good shape.

*sigh* I just don't know what to do...

DeePa
07-19-2005, 07:24 AM
some people are douche bags...just let it go...definately dont send him money if youre not getting your parts back. You did your part on the whole auction, and he didnt do his. Its not your fault that he cant read. You may get a negative feedback, but theres not much else you can do...just wait til the last minute to give it to him and maybe he will forget.

Orangecnty250r
07-19-2005, 07:58 AM
I 'm telling you what you already know--

Your description is very fair, the price it sold for was very reasonable, and he didnt email you with questions.

You have no obligation to refund based on your description -- that was a respectable gesture on your part. Based on your response from this buyer I would drop it-- youve done more than your part.

If you get negative feedback just make sure to utilize the reply to feedback option and make your response well thought out to maximize the space.

Of course if he leaves you feedback you have every right to leave him negative feedback.

In fact-- I believe maybe you should take the initiative on this one. He has been unreasonable and put irrational demands on you meaning your experience has been bad..... thats what feedback is for right!!. If you leave him negative feedback and he counters and leaves you negative feedback you can both mutually withdraw leaving you both without negative feedback in the end if your only concerned with the negative feedback.

You both have decent feedback so it wont hurt either of you especially if you use the reply feature to explain the situation.

Some people are ridulous and this story is getting my blood pumping-- so I cant imagine how you feel-- Thats why I say walk away...

bigredhead
07-19-2005, 09:49 AM
That's 10 Frickin dollars.. sheesh. some people. ( i'm talking about him.. not you btw ! )

I'd reply back to him with " Hey.. if you want your money back... just re-sell them back on e-bay. someone will surely buy them for 10 $ , there is nothing wrong with those hubs" and call it a day.

nouseforaname90
07-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Well yeah.. but then I'm sure he'd whine because he lost his $10.00 in shipping charges.

old honda dealr
07-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Other then the fact that i dont think there is a 85 trx250r i think they started in 86. I think though that there is a 85 trx250es which is the big red but with 4 wheels. Maybe those 2 are different. I dont know. But I am pretty sure that 86 is the first year for the TRX250r.

old honda dealr
07-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Not sayiing anything bad about your post but just trying to help you correct it. Make sure that the guy knows what he got.

Louis Mielke
07-19-2005, 06:10 PM
250r'en +TCB,

Actually you read it wrong, it says "these came with an ATC lot", not "these came off a three wheeler" and this is MY listing why would I tell ebay its listed wrong? The point is that I blantantly said that they didn't look like standard size in the listing. I'm a responsible seller and I gave him several options to settle it and offered a refund.....I did my best. I also think the miss listed thing is BS. Its not the sellers fault when they don't know what they have. I'm not a freakin dealership....its an AUCTION. You go to an auction around here the auctionier doesn't know what all the items are...its just sold to the heighest bidder. and theres no returns in a real auction either....

OLD Honda Dealr,
Thanks for the support. I understand now what your saying about the other kinda trx. The point is I said blantantly in the listing that they didn't look standard, buyer is responsible, ask guestions, etc etc..... Once again. Thanks for your support.

old honda dealr
07-19-2005, 06:24 PM
No problem bro take it easy. And hope this all gets worked out.

twgranger
07-19-2005, 08:49 PM
^^^ you are 100% correct, I like how he says, These are form a 1985 trx 250r. Then 2 sentances later "They came off a three-wheeler" what a fag!!! Tell EBAY he provided false and fake information about his item. They will deal with him!
Get your story straight kid. :rolleyes:

grundlegrabber
07-21-2005, 12:11 AM
I just sold a piston kit to that guy, hope he don't try to pull no crap on me...

Louis Mielke
07-21-2005, 12:48 AM
He's got pretty good feedback so I would hope this is just an individual incedent.