PDA

View Full Version : shipping an entire trike questions

90nut
07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Ok has any one ever done this? If so how have you gone about doing so and did you list it as buyers responsability to find a place to ship it or what? I am getting ready to sell an entire 200x on ebay right now and i need some help on wether or not to ship. I have no idea where to take it how to package it, etc. Also what is the best way to list it like lets say you want to get 100 bucks minimum for something (just a number not the price of the x) is it best to start it off at like 1 dollar with a reserve or to start it off at whatever it will take to leave my shop? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Power_Ram100
07-25-2005, 05:15 PM
On eBay what I do is start the item at the least amount I wanna get for it. I don’t mess with reserves. This way people start bidding at your price, they don’t have to bid up to a reserve. As for shipping if it’s something big I always say local pickup. Or if you’re willing to drive 100 miles or so charge them for mileage. I wouldn’t mess with shipping a whole trike. Just my .02

skippy
07-25-2005, 06:35 PM
drop it off at a forward air terminal near the airport.. east to west coast in their container is around $400.. www.forwardair.com

Orangecnty250r
07-25-2005, 09:28 PM
If you dont want to drop it off at forward air ot dont want to crate it you can use JC motors. I have talked poeple who said they wouldnt ship into shipping it because its the buyers responsibility to pay and the seller just has to drain the gas and the truck picks it up at your house as long as its tractor trailer accessible. (Pricey $580 west Coast to East Coast)

jeswinehart
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
this place i'm gonna recomend is by far the best i have come across.
in any ebay sales that involved the whole trike i mentioned these folks. they pack it up resonable + ship it out by truck ( again - reasonable )
trikeaholics brother ange found this place and told me to drop his trike off he bought in michigan and dropped off there to ship out west to him. i have used them 3 times since with my own trike shipping sales.
my 2nd. trike i sold i skidded up and took to a trucking company ,,, my first and last time at doing that ,,, i ain't no carpenter !!!

Packship USA
2516 industrial dr. suite C
Goshen, Ind. 46526
phone # 574-534-5155
fax 574-534-5355

john

90nut
07-26-2005, 08:22 PM
cool I will have to keep all of this in mind. Thanks guys.