PDA

View Full Version : One for the birds.

YAMAHA_Jim
07-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know what these are??
I know the answer but I'm not telling,,,yet.They are nested in a cave near my house.These pics are from about a month ago.They are now 3x this size.If mama bird knew I was this close to her youngins, She's peck my eyes out,lol.
I'll add some recent photos after I see a few guesses.

Lots_Of_Nothing
07-26-2005, 12:16 AM
What in the hell... Looks almost like a buzzard or whatever, vulture (sp?).

MassTrike
07-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Id say since you dont live anywhere near Africa that it is not a African Whiteback Vulture (pic-1),even though it has the facial features of it, so it really seems to look like a White vulture. Ive only seen one and it was at a zoo.

nouseforaname90
07-26-2005, 10:07 AM
Ostrich!! lol.. no.. just kidding.
Definately looks like a vulture. I don't know specifics like ^ he does, but it looks like a vulture..

speed20
07-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Yep.....sure do know what they are....or what they will be BUMF (big ugly mo fos!)

Banage
07-26-2005, 12:40 PM
i sware to you my buddy and me seen the same two birds under a rock 3 years ago, (Duluth, MN) They were hissing at us and we ran like ten yr old girls (no offence)

foster
07-26-2005, 12:42 PM
turkey vulture is my guess.

ATC crazy
07-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Yup...gotta be a vulure or buzzard.

I was out riding my motorcycle last weekend, and ran over a dead one that was in the middle of the road :eek: :( I had blood and guts splattered on my legs... [insert puking smilie here]

mike from long island
07-26-2005, 06:42 PM
i bet they taste like chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAMAHA_Jim
07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Good guessing guys,,They are Turkey Vultures(Buzzards). LOL,They scared the heck outta me too the first time they hissed at me until I saw they were birds that couldnt fly.I'd like to get pics of them flying for the first time but I doubt I'll be there for that.
LOL ,Mike,I dont know about chicken but I'm sure Chef Swinehart could dip them in his deep frier for a few minutes and they'd come out tasting like candy. Seriously,I wouldnt eat them after I watched them grow up.I'm very surprised they made it this far,lots of coyotes around here.

foster
07-27-2005, 09:56 AM
There's neve3r been turkey vultures where I live, then less than 10 years ago they moved in around the Bay of Fundy.
Last year, I was tooling around the woods about 80km from there with my son riding on the back rack and a big black bird flew up in front of us.
"Holy ****, did you see the size of that crow!" I yelled at my son.
The bird landed in a tree just ahead so we motored forward slowly and it stayed there so we could get a good look at it.
"That ain't no CROW!"
It was a turkey vulture. I couldn't believe it. Ugly as sin and just as fascinating! It was the first and only time I've ever seen one.