PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My License!!

84honda 200X
07-26-2005, 11:39 PM
After 2 months of being screwed over and pushed aside i finally got my license today. I should of had it 2 months ago but i got rescedualed and when i went to take it the state shut down. Then they rescedualed me for the next month and finally today they called me and told me to get up there and take it and i passed!!!

bigredhead
07-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Congrats man !

I had my learners permit twice so far... passed the written test and all no problem.

But i can't drive at night and basically never got to drive... both times it expired and i have to go again !

Got a car ?

Yamahauler
07-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Having your license sucks, haha. Once I got mine, I thought it was alright, but then I bought a trcuk, between registration and gas, I have no left over money.
I spent about $150 in gas on sunday driving to alberta to see my dad, it gives you a sick feeling knowing you spent that much money.

But it is good also though, you dont have to get rides from your parents anymore! thats my favorite part.

monster 84r
07-27-2005, 02:16 AM
i hear ya, gas is outrageous these days... someone is making a lot of money by ripping off hard working americans

ATC crazy
07-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Now your friends will always be asking for a ride here or there. There are definately advantages of getting your license, but the good always comes with some bad.

Congrats!

Cody
07-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Lucky, I get my restricted in about a year.

84honda 200X
07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
My friends dont realy ask for rides they just kind of hop in and it doesnt bother me. Gas is outragous!! Ive got a 5.8 in my truck and holy crap does that thing drink the gas WOW! But i like my license its not as fun as i thought it would be but i like it.

TrikeKid
07-28-2005, 05:43 PM
We have nothing to complain about over here, gas in Britain is $8-9 a gallon.

84honda 200X
07-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Omg i cant imagine paying so much for gas!

slothminx
07-29-2005, 01:51 PM
yep it sucks we are so heavily taxed on fuel its mad. its costs $5-6 to fill up a 70. and then we get road tax on top of the tax on fuel. its common for us to fill up our camry and pay $100-110 on fuel.

i was bored so i worked out for its done 200,000 miles so its burned $58,333 of fuel !! wow what a rip off

Billy Golightly
07-29-2005, 02:43 PM
hey slothminx, is diesel any cheaper then gas over there or not? It use to be 30-40 cents a gallon cheaper here but anymore its 10 cents or more over the price of gas :(

LonesomeTriZ
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
200,000 miles so its burned $58,333 of fuel !! wow what a rip off

Oh, my ,god. Dude, that is a freaking house.

slothminx
07-30-2005, 05:31 AM
hey slothminx, is diesel any cheaper then gas over there or not? It use to be 30-40 cents a gallon cheaper here but anymore its 10 cents or more over the price of gas :(

diesel is around the same price. but if you have a boat or farm machinery you can run red diesel which is not taxed and is half the price!! but its illegal to use in your car:( a diesel is better on your mpg though. its the main reason we have alot of smaller engined cars over here and that along with insurance keeps us away from gas drinking big v8's. i wont be able to get insurance for something like that until im like 25. and then it will still be super exspensive.

will

threewheelin-feelin
07-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Now your friends will always be asking for a ride here or there. There are definately advantages of getting your license, but the good always comes with some bad.

Congrats!
yeah thats the way my friends are....you know something they never do ...it ask if they can put gas in it....dude do the smart thing and get you a 4 cylinder for the gas...lmao

foster
07-30-2005, 11:22 AM
We're paying $1 per litre, which I agree is a big hit in the ol' pocketbook.
But think about it man, I also willingly pay 99 cents for a litre of bottled water to drink. :0
I'd rather have the gas than the water, though. :lol:

ATC crazy
08-01-2005, 06:47 PM
diesel is around the same price. but if you have a boat or farm machinery you can run red diesel which is not taxed and is half the price!! but its illegal to use in your car:( a diesel is better on your mpg though. its the main reason we have alot of smaller engined cars over here and that along with insurance keeps us away from gas drinking big v8's. i wont be able to get insurance for something like that until im like 25. and then it will still be super exspensive.

will

How would they know you are running red diesel? :naughty: :twisted:

yeah thats the way my friends are....you know something they never do ...it ask if they can put gas in it....dude do the smart thing and get you a 4 cylinder for the gas...lmao

When I drove to school, I would give my friend a ride (his house was on the way anyways), and when I had about $15 or $20 to fill up, I would usually ask him for $5 or so, so I could actually fill it up. Thats a true friend right there :p

84honda 200X
08-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Lol ive done that before with girls that ask me for rides its funny they just give it up so easy!