PDA

View Full Version : Just got a phone call. Grandma passed away......

Howdy
02-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Welp, while posting my last message I got a phone call informing me Grandma past away. She had cancer and a few other things wrong with her. We were going to go see her today but now it's too late. :(

If I am not on the site for a few days this is why.
Howdy

The only positve thing to come out of this is she isn't in any pain anymore.

ATCRYDER
02-09-2003, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Howdy. Cancer takes everyone it seems. My Grandfather (non-smoker) was taken in 94....Grandmother in 92. I'm sure my fathers next, as a 2 pack a day type of guy.

Best wishes, man,
Rob

Lots_Of_Nothing
02-09-2003, 01:27 PM
..sorry about that howdy :( , it sucks losing family members, i'm a little young to have alot of experiences but my dad died back when i was 12 in a car wreck (icy roads) (2 days before christmas), i still hate thinking about it, i miss him terribly :(

350xing
02-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Cancer takes the best of em.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Matt_200s
02-09-2003, 03:56 PM
I hate cancer took my grandfather (the previous owner of my 110 and quad) when I was one bet we coulda had a lot of fun. It also took one of my grandmothers when I was 5. And my other grandfather who had a big red had a heart attack before I was born. enough ranting terrible loss howdy.

Jeb
02-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Very sorry to hear that Howdy.

We buried my uncle last Saturday. Another way to remember the Columbia Disaster. He died of cancer also. He was only 54. We've known the last couple years that we were going to loose him soon. You think it will, but having time to prepare yourself for the loss doesn't make it any easier.

Hang in there.

Joel85350X
02-09-2003, 05:16 PM
I am sorry to hear this Howdy. I can't imagine how much you'll miss her. SHe must have been a wonderful woman; anyone with a grandson as great as you has a lot to be proud of. At least her suffering is over.

Our regards to you and your family.

Tri-Z dude
02-09-2003, 06:29 PM
sorry Howdy
ive lost my Grandfather due to his heart my grandfather and i did alot together
sorry for u loss
Ben

G-MAN-1
02-09-2003, 08:25 PM
sorry to here this bad news howdy.my regards to you and your family

HemiChallenger71
02-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Good luck to you and your faimly Howdy, hope things can get better.

ZACK
02-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Howdy. I lost my Grandpa a few month's back and the Navy wouldn't let me fly home for the funeral because we were on a 'training' mission. The thing that make's me feel the worst is I am the only family member that wasn't able to be there for him the last 4 year's because I am in the Navy. I'm getting out in a few day's but it's to late. All I can say is think about the good time's with him and remember he will be smiling down at you.
V/R,
Zack R.

Howdy
02-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the Kind words guys. I got news ( earlier ) today I will be a paulbearer ( spelling ) also.

It was very hard breaking the news to the kids also. It was there only living Great Grandma. Even though we knew the time was coming, it hasn't been easy to handle.

Thanks Again For The Kind words.
Howdy

J.D.
02-10-2003, 12:58 AM
I'm in the same pool guys, my great aunt died 3 yrs ago from leukemia. Sorry to hear about your grandma Howdy.

84250r
02-10-2003, 03:36 AM
Sorry to hear that Howdy

als250
02-10-2003, 04:54 AM
Howdy, the Mrs. and I would like to extend our condolences also. We too, have recently suffered a close loss. My wifes mother (87), passed on two days before Christmas. She had been under our care (24/7) for the last three months of her life. (her wishes to be with her daughter,so be it! Our living room resembled a hospital room) She too had cancer (lymphoma), was full blown diabetic and had a broken left hip and right shoulder. Between the wife, our two daughters (twins-21), myself and those glorious nurses and aides of HOSPICE I believe she was as happy as she could be those last few months. We became so close. :(

Again, Howdy, we are very sorry for your loss.

Al,Margie,Jorie & Jessica

86waterpumper
02-10-2003, 11:39 AM
very sorry to hear of your loss howdy. I lost a grandad to cancer, it is never an easy thing to deal with. I was very young at the time, but saw the tremendous impact that it had on my grandmother, always hard to lose a loved one...

Dynofox
02-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Howdy I know exactly how you feel, my grandmother just passed away a month ago from cancer. :(

ATC crazy
02-10-2003, 01:02 PM
:shock: Im very sorry Howdy :( My greatgrandfather died when I was 1 yrs. old, My greatgrandmother in '96 and my little sister in '92. Best wishes to you and your family.

beaterbiker
02-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Howdy:
Was really sad to hear that your Grandma passed. I hope you find strength from somewhere. When my grandma passed, it was really tough, she was a really sweet little swedish lady. She was tough too, but the things I remember about her were where she always stuck up for me, and always sent me home with a bag of goodies. She has been gone over ten years now, and I still miss her. I was bummed to let her go, but she was suffering, and I hope now that she is happy in Heaven.

I know it will not be easy, but I can tell you that even though I wish my grandma was still around, when I think of her now, I always smile! She was old school, and she taught me a lot about standing up for what you believe in.

Don't really know if any of this helps, but I hope you know that we are here for ya, don't know what we could do to help, but if ya think of something, don't be shy.

God Speed,
BeaterBiker

Wickedfinger
02-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear that bud. I only have one Grandparent left and I hope she lives forever!

theeechozen1
02-11-2003, 08:29 PM
sorry to hear Howdy, my sister decided to take her own life 3 weeks ago and it has been tough--best wishes to you and your family

Jonathan
02-12-2003, 02:42 AM
I found out today that my grandmother died this afternoon. I'm glad she finally went though, she was to the point that she could do absolutely nothing for her self and could only use her left arm, basically a vegetable that could think. I saw her this weekend and could barely look at her, she just wasn't the person she used to be or anything like how I wanted to remember her. I'll miss her, but I'm happy she doesn't have to suffer anymore.

REDMAN225
02-12-2003, 04:00 PM
sorry to hear that to all you guys. my regards to you and your families.

PowerTrike
02-13-2003, 08:23 PM
In sympathy: I know how it feels also, having lost 3 grandparents already. Sorry about your loss.

Ace Mon
02-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Cakes and I send our condolences bro . I know it must be hard on you because you are a family oriented guy . I wish there was something we could do or say to help but I dont think anything could take the sting out of the bad news . Well be saying our prayers for the "Howdy" family .

Howdy
02-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the thoughts guys. The words really mean alot. I send my condolences out to all that have such times.
Howdy

Dirtcrasher
02-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Howdy, I just read this thread. I'm very sorry to hear that. Hopefully you took the time to see her while she was alive. I avoided the most wonderful woman in the world because I didn't think my Grandfather loved me. She died and I beat myself up for not seeing her enough, I have to live with it.
Unfortunately we are all getting older and losing our loved ones. I ask myself who I'll go to for life's issues when there all gone?