PDA

View Full Version : Member, 3 0r die???

Hornetpowerspor
07-28-2005, 08:25 AM
A 3ww member 3 or die, not to long ago parted out his 86 T-3 on the 3ww boards and org sites. I purchased a headlight switch and tail light from him and also recieved them.
Well as he stated, the unsold parts would be listed on e-bay. I was looking at buying the motor, and since I had a good dealing with him before, and his e-bay feedback was good, I didnt worry about making the purchase. To make a long story short, I paid him via Paypal June 10th and have yet to hear from him or see the motor. I have e-mailed him several times, and nothing. Recently I filed a claim with e-bay, and Paypal to try to get my money back. I also have noticed that he is no longer a registered user with e-bay. Has anyone else had a bad dealing with him? Does anyone else know what happened? I didnt leave him neg feedback because I hate to. If anyone has any contact info on him, please let me know. Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks Justin

86250RZ
07-28-2005, 11:05 AM
I've dealt with him and I also met him in person, hard to believe Bill would do ya that way. Have you e-mailed his personal e-mail account? I'll have to see if I can find it.

Orangecnty250r
07-28-2005, 11:15 AM
When he listed the tecate parts I bought a bunch of stuff off him.

The first batch of parts took a little longer than normal but I figured he had to break it down and was selling a bunch off stuff and had to box it all up---that stuff can be time consuming. I emailed him to check the status a couple of times......He responded every time.

The head pipe was taking forever and I emailed him a couple of times.... He apoligized and when I asked about another part he threw it in no charge (making up for the time I suppose) ... I received it about six weeks??? after the initial purchase

In the end I got everything I paid for and a little more ...Just took time.

Hope it works out (refund or a motor) for you.

350x'inNY
07-28-2005, 11:47 AM
I always use my crfedit card on PayPal because their "Buyer Protection" is crap... you basically only get your money back if they still have the money in their PayPal account.

By using the credit card, I file internet fraud charge against my crdit card... they reverse the charge while they "investigate".... when they can't contact the person or get money out of their checking account, they basically keep the credit on your account.

I've only had to do that 2X's in all my online dealings, but has saved me $$$. Wish I had used it on my first bad transaction on PayPal... bought a $250 6CD changer and it was basically a paper weight. Since I didn't use a credit card, PayPal said... "sorry... his accounts closed... thanks for playing!" :mad:

Bruce

Hornetpowerspor
07-28-2005, 02:05 PM
I would be happy just hearing from him saying that he is busy or something. I still want the motor, but if not I want my $ BACK. I didnt leave neg feedback because he is a member and I'd feel bad if something come up(death in family, accident etc....) I was just hoping someone on here had his phone # or something.

grundlegrabber
07-28-2005, 06:48 PM
I met Bill in person about a yr and a half ago, he drove up here from Tn to buy a trike from me. Seemed like a real good guy, definitely not the type who's out to screw people. I emailed him about a month or 2 ago about something, I forget what, but he did respond quickly. Maybe some sort of extenuating circumstances came up or something happened, maybe he changed his email address or something. I'll see if I can find some contact info on him.
~ Rob ~

Orangecnty250r
07-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Here is his ebay feedback --
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=349wra

All were excellent until the last 4 or 5 and he lost his ebay membership

Hope he's OK --Based on his dealings with other people something doesnt seem right here

ScottZJ
08-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Well I have to say I have never seen Bill mess anyone over before. I have met him in person many times and have stayed at his place. He is a great guy and this worrys me greatly. I am thinking maybe something happened to him. I am going to call his number and also call his local police dept (as he is a policeman where he lives, so I dont think he could wrong anyone cuz could cause to loose his job). I usually see him online and such, but havent. I will let you know if I hear from him and what is going on...........peace

86250RZ
08-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Let me know what you come up with scottzj. My bro tried his phone# and it has been disconnected. I would not think that bill would do anyone this way purposely. Oh btw, when did he become a cop? When he came down here last year he was a tour guide.

Orangecnty250r
08-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Anyone find out anything? Hornetpowersports did you ever get a refund or the Motor???

Hornetpowerspor
08-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Yes, PayPal refunded my money about 2 weeks ago. I never left him feedback and probably wont. Hopefully everything is OK with him. I believe that the only way you can get a refund from PayPal is if the recieving party still has the funds in their account. I'm not for sure, but that is my understanding. I haven't heard if anyone has got a hold of him either. Something just dont seem wright.

grundlegrabber
08-21-2005, 01:10 AM
I have tried all his contact info and have not received any response, although the email did go thru. Something is definitely not right here, hope he is ok. ZJ, you get anything on him?

250SX
10-20-2005, 01:07 PM
I bought a Tri-Z from him back in June with the understanding that I'd pick it up later. Now he won't return my messages or answer my calls. Hell I've even been to his house and spent the night just hanging out.

I'm getting in touch with the Blount County Sheriff's Office since he's an officer with the Townsend, TN police. Anyone else that has a claim contact me offline asap.

EDIT- I got him on the phone and I'm going out there to pick up my stuff Saturday. He said he's working 6pm-2am for the police dept. and working days driving a truck so he's been hard to get in touch with. I asked him about any other parts he might have for sale and he said he had some stuff, but it was all paid for & he just hadn't shipped it yet so maybe some of you guys will get your stuff eventually.

Banage
10-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Wonder if his acct got stolen, caust good, good, good, bad bad bad is kind on hard to see. Fast ship fast ship, no ship no ship,