PDA

View Full Version : my buddy needs your prayers.. black powder accident

corndawg
07-28-2005, 11:31 PM
i stopped by my freinds house today just to bullshit around, one of my other friends was already there. we got to messing around with a tennis ball cannon he had made (a peice of 1/2" wall pipe with a 1/4" plate welded to the bottom with a hole drilled in it for the fuse) we were using black powder that his dad had for muzzle loaders (his dad wasnt home). we were shooting apples since we didnt have any tennis balls handy. we shot it probably a dozen times with no problem. we dicided we were done but daniel wanted to shoot off one more.me and my other buddy went up in the yard. daniel dumped the powder in (atleast 400-500 grains). he didnt even put the fuse in yet or thank god the apple. apparently there were still hot ambers in the bottom of the cannon. it exploded with him leaning over the top of it. he screamed in dove on the ground, but it was too late. it burnt him bad, the only thing that saved his eyes were his glasses. his face and chest looked like ground hamburger. when he jumped he looked over toward me and my buddy and his face looked just like what it looks like in war movies when bombs go off and the ppls face is completely covered in blood. my buddy ran in and called 911 and i had my bearings enough to bring daniel over to the water hose and keep his face rinsed. it was bad, as soon as you would pull the hose away his face would be completely covered in blood. the fire department got there first and got him sat down and started cleansing the burns with saleen (sp??) the ambulance got there and took him to the local hospitol. when he got there they took him out via life line helocopter to a burn center in fort wayne... i guess the moral of the story is to not **** around with black powder!!!

foster
07-28-2005, 11:38 PM
:(
I am speechless.
My best wishes are with him. Keep us updated.
:cry:

nouseforaname90
07-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Geez. Best wishes to him.. I hope he can make a full recovery.

200xadam
07-28-2005, 11:50 PM
sorry to hear it dude, hope everything turns out ok..

corndawg
07-28-2005, 11:54 PM
the thing is tho i knew how dangerous black powder can be ( i shoot muzzle loaders) but i guess the whole "oh ive done this a hundred times, nothins gonna happen" thing got the best of all 3 of us today...man i feel bad for him but there isnt anything any of us could do other than never starting doin it at all

3 weelin geezer
07-29-2005, 02:18 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend. That's why they used to swab the bore with a wet mop before reloading. Some guy in one of those civil war re enactments learned why the hard way when he rammed the powder down and the ram turned into a bullet with him standing next to the cannon. Threw him pretty far. I think he recieved some injuries too.

TrikeKid
07-29-2005, 04:44 AM
My best wishes for a full recovery to him. I think it was the "One more time" thing that bit him, you never say that cause something bad always happens on that one last try.

yamahaman89
07-29-2005, 07:19 AM
real sorrry man hope he will be alright

Kook
07-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Hope your friend recovers with nothing left of the incident but a lesson learned. Good thing buddies like you were around to help him out.

corndawg
07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
i just got off the phone with my buddy. he went to see him last night, he was pumped full of morophine and they were giving him 1600 mg of vikadin.the doc said its not as bad as it looks, he said there was more unburnt powder imbeded in his face than there were burns. he said he would be going home somtime this weekend and the powder would have to work its way out on its own.....kinna funny, no police showed up at the scene so the emt took the cannon, they gave it to daniels mom at the hospitol wtf?? daniel was alert and talking and he said we are gonna cut the cannon in 3rds so we each get a piece....lol

3 weelin geezer
07-29-2005, 11:00 PM
What?!

"Id rather have a sister in a WHORE HOUSE than a brother in a FORD!"

I think you have that mxied up my friend. :naughty: :lol:

Oldshell4481
07-30-2005, 09:15 PM
my friend had a black powder accident a few years ago while building a pipe bomb (yes a ******* stunt) and blew his fingers and thum off and now has 2 stumps on his hand.. sorry for your friend, i can picture what the face looked like today cuz i see a guy in walmart with a recently charred black and bloody face

trikerider2oo7
08-01-2005, 11:49 AM
sorry to hear. i hope he gets better. he will definately be in my prayers

ATC crazy
08-01-2005, 06:27 PM
I think he earned a new nickname. Flamer! LOL

Best of wishes to your friend...I hope he makes a full recovery soon!

wheelie king
08-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Dawg--

Any update on his condition? He is in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Greg

Russell 350X
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
That sucks, I've played with alot of boomboom before but I havent got hurt yet, just waiting for the day cuz I'll never learn.

3 weelin geezer
04-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Dang! this is old. So how is this guy? Did he come out of it ok ?