PDA

View Full Version : Just figured I'd share it :) My new Supertrapp!

nouseforaname90
08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4564754491&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Here is the auction I've been watching since it began. I figured that right now I can't afford a brand new pipe, so I'd look for an older one.. and sure enough, Huffa found one for me. I figure after a polish job on the exhaust, and some sandblasting and matte black high temp paint on the header, I can have her looking like new.
Wadda ya think of my buy?

Thanks for discovering this auction for me, Huffa!!

twgranger
08-01-2005, 09:49 PM
for $26 you can't go wrong. Good buy!

LonesomeTriZ
08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Don't paint it, have it ceramicoated. I am not real sure I spelled that correctly.

nouseforaname90
08-01-2005, 10:00 PM
I have high temp paint that I used on my exhaust heat sheild.. I figured I would use that so it would match pretty closely. But where would I get it coated and how much would it cost?

LonesomeTriZ
08-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I have no idea where to send you to in your state. We have some one not too far from me in Tampa who does it. I think I spent $50 the last time I did an exhaust system. it was worth every penny it look sgreat and runs cooler. :w00t:

nouseforaname90
08-01-2005, 10:12 PM
I'll just sand blast it and paint it with my high temp paint for now. Whenever I get the funds, I'll get it ceramicoated. This restore is eating up my pockets as it is.

LonesomeTriZ
08-01-2005, 10:14 PM
That can happen. But I have found it is better to put the money out now, so I have less to do later. :cool:

nouseforaname90
08-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Well when I started this restoration, I had $900..
I spent $550 on the bike, I'm getting my tank painted for about $50, I got new decals for the whole bike for $50, I just got the new exhaust for probably $40-50 after shipping, and I've spent ATLEAST $75 on misc items like sand paper, sand for the sand blaster, paint, a new boot, etc.. since I got the bike. When I'm all done, I'm not going to have much money, if any, left.. so I don't really have enough to get it ceramicoated right now, or I definately would.

bigredhead
08-01-2005, 10:21 PM
I went in up to 25 $.... you got me by a dollar. Good buy ! I hope it's still solid under all that rust !

With the canadian conversion and shipping.. and duties and etc. etc. etc.... I really did'nt want to bid too high unless i was sure it was in good shape .

Congrats man !

LonesomeTriZ
08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Restorations can add up quick. That is why I do not set a budget. Too many things pop up. I just chip away at it until it is done.

nouseforaname90
08-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Haha.. yeah.. I was sitting here bidding and I was like "..hmm.. ill put $25.." then i typed it in and thought "..well.. $25 is an even number.. the other guy probably bid up to $25.. ill try $26" I guess it was a good thing.

nouseforaname90
08-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Restorations can add up quick. That is why I do not set a budget. Too many things pop up. I just chip away at it until it is done.

It's not a "budget".. its all I have.. lol. I have around $5000 in the bank, but I prefer not to spend it.

I wish I would have got a job this summer, but I couldn't find anywhere that I would like to work. Right now this restoration is basically being funded by oddjobs that I do for people. Oddjobs pay very well though.

LonesomeTriZ
08-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Your getting it done, that is all that matters.

bigredhead
08-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Tackle the most important parts first.

It's a riding machine not a show bike. . .. .. just like mine, so it's " Function " first and " Flash " 2nd !

I agree. a resto/custom never has a set price.. you just keep going until yuo get either bored or broke... in my case, i NEVER get bored but am usualy broke !.. go figure !

If i was'nt doing a rear-end rebuild right now.. you'd have had a 50 $ bid to deal with.. but that's ok....... i have to pace myself.. i've spend way too much on this thing lately and need to slow down..... .

I only wish i had 5000 in the bank... wow... more like 50 right now !!!

nouseforaname90
08-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Well I told myself that $20 was all the higher I would go. But I saw that the bid was at $20.50 and I was like "what the heck.. I'll go up 5 more dollars".. and I got it. I really didn't think I would win it. I figured someone would be watching it like a hawk and outbid me.

True.. Fuction first, flash second.. I'm almost definately going to get this thing muddy.. its not no show bike. But I figured while I was trying to fix it up, I'd make it as nice looking as I could while it was apart.

Well the $5000 is going towards either a car, or college.
And my parents have $9,500 in stocks for me that I can cash in at any time. They bought them for me when I was born, and figured I would use the money for college. But I would LOVE if I could use some of that money on this restore. I'd have this bike looking brand new for about $1000-$2000 of that money.

bigredhead
08-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Use that money for an education.. then use the big bucks to re-build the trike !!

That's what my parents would say.... so i'm passing it on !..

My personal opinion... well i'll just keep that to myself !!! lol..