PDA

View Full Version : trx200sx info

olderthandirt
02-09-2003, 09:20 PM
:?: i've been given a 87 trx 200sx fourtrax from honda,this thing is pretty beat up,hence the free price.
this looks like the 1st generation of 4 wheeler made.
will i be able to find parts for this thing or will i be forced to take it up the rear from ebay?
all the cable are snapped,but it does start and idle. plus the brakes don't work.looks like it could need new plastic fenders. any info would be of help as this is going to be my sons 1st ride ( he doesn't know that i have it and i'm restoring it in a freinds garage ),again thanks for any info.
olderthandirt
my ride is a 86 350x 3 wheeler and the guys on trikesvania forum have been great with their help! :-D :-D :-D

ATCRYDER
02-10-2003, 12:51 AM
I always thought the TRX200SX would be a cool quad to have. It is nothing more than an autoclutch utility version of the 86/87 200X's. CLosely related to a 200S engine but more powerful.

Depending on what parts you need...that is a pretty rare machine and I dont often seen much for it on eBay.

Good luck,
Rob

HemiChallenger71
02-10-2003, 10:56 PM
If you plan on buying parts from Honda they wil be astronomical in price.

HemiChallenger71
02-10-2003, 10:57 PM
If you plan on buying parts from Honda they wil be astronomical in price.

TimSr
02-10-2003, 11:46 PM
I had one here for a while, along with a 200s at the same time. The motors looked identical, but the 200sx had reverse and electric start. Many of the parts were the same for both such as brakes, sprockets, etc. Youll find that parts are readily available and priced about the same as any other OEM Honda part. Servicehonda.com is always your best bet.

olderthandirt
02-11-2003, 01:07 AM
:-D thanks guys,i've made up a list and it looks like a phone book,i'm going to have to budget this thing out. but one nice thing,my son still doesn't know i have it and i can work all winter till it's done.