PDA

View Full Version : Expected power from a 660r

Modded660R2fast
08-06-2005, 01:10 AM
I got a 660 raptor and i have a jet kit alba pipe and k&n filter and it is really fast or seems to be. It makes around 45 HP and i was wondering what type of gains can i expect to get from a std bore 11:1 weisco piston and a web cam stage 1 cam put in. Just curious to see if its worth my time and money.

OldSchoolin86
08-06-2005, 04:05 AM
I got a 660 raptor and i have a jet kit alba pipe and k&n filter and it is really fast or seems to be. It makes around 45 HP and i was wondering what type of gains can i expect to get from a std bore 11:1 weisco piston and a web cam stage 1 cam put in. Just curious to see if its worth my time and money.
There is absolutely no chance you are making that kind of power with those mods. If your lucky your making high 30's. With an 11:1 and a stage 1 cam you might get into the 40's.

Modded660R2fast
08-06-2005, 02:00 PM
ok but anyways how much would these mods give me. The cam and 11:1 piston

Modded660R2fast
08-06-2005, 02:02 PM
if you go to www.ctsonic.com they have all the dyno runs of the jet kits, pipes and filters they used on a raptor and they show all the hp gains from a huge selection of different brands of pipes so that is where iam getting my number.

Modded660R2fast
08-06-2005, 02:04 PM
sorry www.ctracing.com my bad and let me know what you think

BigAir660R
08-06-2005, 02:12 PM
your rite * should be around that figure plus or minus 2 or 3 hp. The piston probably wont do much but from what i hear the cam makes a big diference although ive only heard about the hotcams cam.

deathman53
08-06-2005, 08:53 PM
pipes on raptors make a huge difference, dirtwheels had some number like almost 8-10 horses with just a pipe and pro-flow airfilter kit(tosses the lid), a raptor is very choked up stock.

Modded660R2fast
08-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Is there any other ways to make some more power out of my raptor. I woluld like to think of it like this, what exactly does a yfz 450 have that a raptor doesnt (engine and tranny wise) to make it go faster. Does it have a high comp piston or huge cams or what ever. Cause i figure that if i get exactly what the 450 has done to its engine such as high comp piston huge cams port and polish etc or whaterver. I figure whatever the engine has that make's it make so much power, Then have it done to my raptor, then since i have 210 more cc's then the 450, Then since i have everything that the 450 hassuch as engine mods, then i should be able to smoke all kinds of bikes right. Think of it like same bikes just one bike has a bigger engine but both engine's were built the same but just with bigger components. Does that kind of simplify it some i hope no ones confused and let me know what you think.

BigAir660R
08-07-2005, 12:18 PM
the comp and piston size is the main difference between the 2. Also the stroke is smaller in the 450. if you really want to beat one. Send the motor to craycraft and have a 686 kit done with port and polish. He also adds a stage 2 cam with new springs and retainers. Ive seen a craycraft 686 bike run and it was fast as hell and then i saw dollarbillz 740 craycraft raptor and theres nothing close to it. No trike ive every saw would come close to that bike period! but ont theother hand small motor bike weigh less and seem to always sream especially when it come to 2-strokes. stock for stock banshee vs. raptor the raptor will kill it, but pipe and jet both of them and the banshee will come out on top. If you wanna go fast its pretty simple sell the raptor and get a banshee! or if * wanna be on three wheels get a T3 or 250R

conig
08-31-2005, 04:13 PM
raptors are pretty impressive bikes, I have a riding buddy, with alba intake, jets and looneytunes dual exhaust and he hit 84.7mph on my gps on asphault. I'm normally not a raptor fan myself.

I woudld tend to think for the money of a cam and piston there would be more of a gain in shedding some weight. get some fox floats and if you ride in dunes remove your skid plates possibly lights etc. It all come down to what your willing to loose but when I got 50ibs off my scrambler 2 pounds at a time it made almost as large a difference as my pipe. Just trying to give an idea you may not have considered.

Modded660R2fast
09-03-2005, 04:02 PM
How big of a difference will i see if i got a cam in my raptor?

Tecate performance
10-07-2005, 02:36 AM
my friend has the same mods as you currently, and then put in the stage 1 hot cam. it increased the power across the rpms, but especially in the low and midrange. it hits kind of hard now. seems to spin the tires alot more too, you should run good tires. one thing with the raptor, it seems alot of people i see overrev them. the motor peaks around 6500, so you should gear the bike high to keep it pulling in the meat of the torque curve, and ride a gear high in the turns if you can.