PDA

View Full Version : 83/84R Repro Shroud Pics

Aussieduner
08-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Just a couple of pics of the 83/84 Repro plastic shrouds,this is the first set made today from my molds taken from the OEM parts as you will see they havent been trimmed but still on the Vac Table(would love to trim them now but its almost 10pm).I have loaned a tank for a few days to do final fit testing and any adjustments to the molds but they look pretty damn close.Also black is a hard colour to photgraph and they look greyish only because i have lightened the pictures.

Cheers
Aussieduner

PS
Those Z owners im picking up the yellow material this Thursday and will be back on the Z shroud project this weekend.

Quadworks
08-16-2005, 10:34 PM
How much will you be selling these for if they turn out good?

Aussieduner
08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
At this stage approx $25 pair plus postage.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Aussieduner
08-17-2005, 04:36 AM
Here are the shrouds trimmed and fitted to a borrowed tank.

Cheers
Aussieduner

jeswinehart
08-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Hi Aussieduner.
When you use original parts to make your molds are the decals on those parts trashed or messed up ? ( like bigred side panles that have decals on them )

john

Aussieduner
08-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Hi Aussieduner.
When you use original parts to make your molds are the decals on those parts trashed or messed up ? ( like bigred side panles that have decals on them )

john
Hi John
No the mold is taken from the inside of the part not the outside so no damage is incurred to any part of the doner parts.

Cheers
Aussieduner

Meat-BoX
08-17-2005, 09:57 PM
If you could reproduce the UFO Vented #Plates for the Tecate Tri-Z and 250 R you would definatly sell them as fast as you could produce them. They are some of the most sought after Items for the 250cc's for sure. Im sure you could get at least 30 of them sold just through here. On E-Bay you will become a god, espically with your other products. We need people like you so we can trick out our rides the way we want to. Please think about this propisition. I will buy a Green Vented # Plate for an 84-85 Tecate asap.

Heres a Pic of Jimmy White on his Tecate with the Vented # Plate all Tecate owners want.

Aussieduner
08-18-2005, 01:32 AM
The plates will be easy just need some doner parts to copy,i actually had one of those plates in green way back then.My Vacuum table is 500mm x 500mm square so as long as the part is not bigger than that im happy to do them :-)
All doner parts are returned,i will see whats around here in OZ may be a plate or 2 somewhere i can get to copy.

Aussieduner

trikezilla
08-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Lookin sweet...I cant wait to get mine. Does anyone have a # plate for the 83/84 250R?? I mean..do you have one that you would borrow to tony so he can make repros? keep up the good work!

350xsx
08-18-2005, 04:45 PM
damn man, thats pretty sweet, are you jus doing parts you can sell in quantities or could i give you something to reproduce without bein able to promise ya it would sell a lot?

Maine_Triker
08-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Dang it man those are sweet!!!!!!

One question... do you paint them red, or sell them black? or do they usually come red you just made that pair black?

Keep up the good work man!

Aussieduner
08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
The material i use is 3mm thick and comes in black or white only,to go to colours i have to use a polypropolene,this material im testing on the weekend with the TRI-Z shrouds so all being well i can do red,yellow and green if its not sucessful black and white will be the only available.Im open for new projects for the future and front plates seems to be a popular item,current priority is the TRI-Z shrouds and the Z air box cover both donated by 3WW members.
This black and white material i currently use is paintable and very durable.

Cheers
Aussieduner