PDA

View Full Version : Do they?

JourneyMan
02-11-2003, 12:45 AM
I was always wondering if people in Japan ride their own creations :? . Do they have Motocross or Supercross in Japan? It's just something that has always made me wonder.

Mobular
02-11-2003, 01:07 AM
If they do, they are rich individuals. First, the off road bikes are available in very limited supply, simply due to the lack of places to ride. Japan is small and extremely overcrowded, and any spare land is used to support the population, be it manufacturing, housing or population support. A person would have to have his own land to ride on, and that comes at great expense...more than we have to contend with here. With the lack of riding area goes low sales of dirt machines. The viability of Japanese dirt bike production is because of the vast North American sales market.
There are quad/motocross races, but nothing on the scale of N.Americn stuff.

NOS_350X
02-11-2003, 03:05 AM
yes they have supercross in japan the crf 250 already appeared in there supercross

ATCRYDER
02-11-2003, 05:33 PM
They cant reach the seats. ;)

heh. I was recently speaking to a commrade i know in Russia. I asked how popular atv's were and he told me 1. yes people have them 2. People who have them are very lucky. The cost of entertainment does not go hand in hand with the economy over there.

ATC crazy
02-11-2003, 09:06 PM
They cant reach the seats.

:D :D That was great. LMAO
My friend and I still have BIG arguments concerning if Japan still makes 3wheelers. I say no and he swears on his life that they still do. Any thoughts of who is right. :?