PDA

View Full Version : Short Track Kit for $1200 BUY IT NOW

Aussieduner
08-19-2005, 06:43 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4569765556&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN

Well if your cashed up this guy has the ST kit for $1200US "BUY IT NOW" and get free postage and insurance,now thats a deal LOL

Aussieduner

88 Turbo Coupe
08-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Only $1200. WHAT A DEAL FOR A KIT THATS NOT COMPLETE!!! BS

Aussieduner
08-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Only $1200. WHAT A DEAL FOR A KIT THATS NOT COMPLETE!!! BS

I totally agree !

AD

Orangecnty250r
08-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Hard to say what this one is worth if you are looking for authentic Hondaline parts. I would say the 1200 BIN is the going price for a new factory sealed and complete kit.
There are some very hard to find parts in there. With the price of this stuff recently its definetly going higher than the starting price.

It seems to be missing the hoses (as mentioned) and the little brackets I put in my first pic (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm not casting stones (I can't because my kit is not 100%) I do believe I have everything to make it look good on my R.

Question looking at my kit can anyone give me insight on what I'm missing. Did it come with the top part of the tripple/petcock??

This would be a good educational training for those of us who are trying to put these kits together and to be a little more informed when bidding on this stuff.

chris200x
08-19-2005, 08:43 AM
looks like triztunes has his eyes on this one. LOl. better take a second morgage out on your house if your gonna out bid that guy. LOL

Maine_Triker
08-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Considering you get free shipping with the BIN, I'd say that isn't a bad price....

Hornetpowerspor
08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Looks like someone should have considered the BIN! 6 days left to go, and the reserve has been met and its already at 899 dollars! No more BIN on this one.

bigredhead
08-19-2005, 03:58 PM
That's insane........ period.

Are you guys out of your minds ? 1200 US $ ???????????

I could buy a whole 86 R for that price....... my god.

Maine_Triker
08-19-2005, 05:21 PM
That's insane........ period.

Are you guys out of your minds ? 1200 US $ ???????????

I could buy a whole 86 R for that price....... my god.
These parts are vary rare, that's why they're worth so much. And alot of people want them too.
That's how it works, the more demand for such a rare item, the higher the price is going to be.

Phil

Orangecnty250r
08-19-2005, 05:33 PM
These parts are vary rare, that's why they're worth so much. And alot of people want them too.
That's how it works, the more demand for such a rare item, the higher the price is going to be.

Phil

Definetly! There have been alot of things Ive purchased and hated what I had to spend on them (my collection just wouldn't be the same without them). When trying to build a collection of certain things it is unfortunetly the name of the game that stuff gets high $$. In all hobbies the rare collectibles go for big $$ when supply is low and demand is high. Damm ..I just read in an issue of this OLD House magazine that an authentic stickley lantern went for over 400,000 ....Yes FOUR hundred thousand. Were gettin off cheap!!!

deathman53
08-19-2005, 06:46 PM
interesting that it has a top tripple too, my 250r has a different top tripple clamp and has a hrc sticker, I myself was wondering where it came from, could honda have sold different short track kits, for the racer or the version the public could buy? You know like how curtis sparks makes two versions of there pipes, one being more difficult for a non-sponsered racer to get. Lots of companies do this, one version for the public and the other for their riders.

88 Turbo Coupe
08-19-2005, 07:16 PM
There are no parts lists or assembly documentation or addendum info listed with this kit. $1200 bucks common gie me some info. Maybe Napa has the hoses. lol

Orangecnty250r
08-19-2005, 07:35 PM
What are those round red oval pieces laying on the blanket with the two bolt holes. I dont have those :mad:

Aussieduner
08-19-2005, 07:37 PM
I need a left shroud if anyone has any spare LOL

Aussieduner

88 Turbo Coupe
08-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Orange County, Ask the seller what they are. He probobly wont know. They are what Honda describes as "Radiator, Lower Bracket" part #19047-ha2-810

Orangecnty250r
08-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Orange County, Ask the seller what they are. He probobly wont know. They are what Honda describes as "Radiator, Lower Bracket" part #19047-ha2-810

Thanks!!! I Just wanted to gain a perspective of where they belong so when I start bolting this thing on I'm one step above clueless :crazy:

deathman53
08-19-2005, 08:26 PM
you have part numbers for other short track parts?

skippy
08-19-2005, 09:53 PM
neither one of my factory kits included a top clamp..

dirtface
08-19-2005, 11:14 PM
I remember seeing a tank on Ebay a while back and the guy had the original instructions. And I'm pretty sure it said to use the stock tripple piece. I hope so, because I only have the bottom one too.

Aussieduner
08-20-2005, 04:55 AM
No one had any comment last time i asked but does anyone have or know of a spare Left ST shroud new or used ? I have a tank and the 2 shrouds but the left is broken and missing a piece,i want to make molds for these and do reproduction shroulds in plastic so they are available again.

Aussieduner

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 06:45 AM
I have a complete NOS short track kit in the box with all documentation. Illustrations, part #'s, etc.

Aussieduner
08-20-2005, 08:02 AM
I have a complete NOS short track kit in the box with all documentation. Illustrations, part #'s, etc.

Your a parts collector i take it.

Aussieduner

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 08:10 AM
I like to think that I am not only a parts collector but an ATC/motorcycle/quad collector, a long time ATC rider, and a some what of a hardcore enthusiast. BTW i saw your post for the shroud you need for repro. I have a couple of NOS sets but I really don't want to send them out. BTW I also won 2 sets of short track tanks and shrouds a couple of weeks ago and a NOS set of shrouds on Ebay.

dirtface
08-20-2005, 08:35 AM
88 turbo coupe help us out here, is there a different top tripple that goes to the short track setup?

chris200x
08-20-2005, 08:36 AM
I like to think that I am not only a parts collector but an ATC/motorcycle/quad collector, a long time ATC rider, and a some what of a hardcore enthusiast. BTW i saw your post for the shroud you need for repro. I have a couple of NOS sets but I really don't want to send them out. BTW I also won 2 sets of short track tanks and shrouds a couple of weeks ago and a NOS set of shrouds on Ebay.

Aren't we being a little greedy? :lol: If you call yourself an entusiast and hardcore collector, ATC lover or whatever why not let Aussiedude reproduce them for the rest of us hardcore trikers. Not trying to be mean or anything. It just don't make any sence. :beer

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm not a little greedy or a lot for that matter. It cost me almost $250 bucks for the NOS shrouds. Thats alot of money to me. (maybe not to you). Ok lets see. I send Aussi the NOS left shroud some 12 thousand miles away. He gets it, does his thing, makes a load of money (maybe), sends it back, the the shroud gets lost in the mail. What do I do now????? All I got is my thumb up my ars now. I got sh*t.

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 09:12 AM
I forgot to mention that I had a little problem with customs the time I bought somthing from Canada. It seems that the customs agent broke part of the item during the open box inspection. Of course I ate that one. What might a customs agent do to a shroud? Crack it? I don't know any why SHOULD I take the chance. Also no one else has come up to the plate to help out.

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 09:24 AM
What happens if Aussiduner cracks or scratches the shroud when he makes the mold? I have NOS Tiger fenders and looked into the process of reproducing them. I know what happens and what can happen.

chris200x
08-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Looks like I hit a nerve... :eek: CHILL dude. :beer

You keep braggin about all these tigers and NOS stuff you have, short track kits and whatever.... :rolleyes: I just thought you could be kind enough to help some of these people out that's all.

And yes $250 is alot of money for me too. I own 1 trike that it's taken me well over a year to fix so don't take me as one of those stuck up snobs that walk around with their nose up in the air thinkin I'm better than the rest of you. :mad:

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Dirtface, There is NO factory what Honda calls "fork, top bridge" as part of the kit.

twgranger
08-20-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm not a little greedy or a lot for that matter. It cost me almost $250 bucks for the NOS shrouds. Thats alot of money to me. (maybe not to you). Ok lets see. I send Aussi the NOS left shroud some 12 thousand miles away. He gets it, does his thing, makes a load of money (maybe), sends it back, the the shroud gets lost in the mail. What do I do now????? All I got is my thumb up my ars now. I got sh*t.
I don't blame ya.

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Chrisr, You didn't hit a nerve. All I am telling you and every one else is my opinion about sending a part 12 thousand miles, my own experience with customs, and what happens when a mold is made in some detail. I'm trying to make sense why I shouldn't send a NOS shroud out. I've learned in the past that nice guys finish last and I'm sick of finishing LAST!

chris200x
08-20-2005, 09:43 AM
OK...Guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :lol:
Not that a short trak kits means anything to me anyway I think it's great what aussiedude is doing. I thought since you had many kits that it wouldn't be too big of a deal that's all. Sorry if I offended you in anyway. :D case closed....

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 09:47 AM
No offense taken, just pleading my case. I like to help but it seems like when i do i always get screwed. I think what Aussidude can do is great. I can't do that. Good to have someone like that as a resource!
Hey why don't I take a vacation to Aussidudes' place and bring all my palstics with me.

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 09:54 AM
And I'm not "bragging" about the stuff I have accumulatled over the years of searching. I always liked my Atc 110.

88 Turbo Coupe
08-20-2005, 10:24 AM
I don't want to beat this thread to death but in my previous post I said how I get screwed when I try to help, well, here is my latest scwewing.
I bought Speedbumps only authentic Tiger 500 rear fender. I had him ship it directly to Yamatopdogs place to have some decals made. He made the decals and he ships it back to Speedbump after I email him to send it to me. Now Speedbump opens it up and says to me the fender is now cracked where it says "500" on it. Speedbumps send it to me. I ate all the shipping around, got a cracked fender in return. Now there are Tiger decals available for sale to you from Yamatopdog from me. But it cost me some too. I tried to help with some decals for the Tiger Guys and look what it cost me.

chris200x
08-20-2005, 10:27 AM
You just can't let it go could you.. :rolleyes: :crazy: :lol:

dirtface
08-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks 88 turbo coupe, I'll jump in the boat with you too, I have an extra short track shroud too. But I don't have enough guts to ship them out in hopes that they would return either. They definately are not a dime a dozen.

Aussieduner
08-20-2005, 08:32 PM
What happens if Aussiduner cracks or scratches the shroud when he makes the mold? I have NOS Tiger fenders and looked into the process of reproducing them. I know what happens and what can happen.

Its all cool here,i will wait to get a shroud i dont mind paying for one on ebay etc.As for damage to doner parts i havent damaged one yet and if i did i would inform the owner and pay for it thats just the type of person i am.As ive said in a previous post all the work is on the inside of the part not the outside and even if i was offered a brand new set of unused ST shrouds i wouldnt accept them as doner parts,i would take a used set that are scratched or scuffed up on the outside then there is no problems.
Thing with my repro projects its a hobby not a money making business,if i was to charge the correct price for all the hours i put into making the molds the reproduced parts would be very high,its a buzz to take a factory part then reproduce your own,look at the 83/84 250R shrouds im only asking $25 pair.
If someone has the part and THEY are happy to send them all good,the part gets made they get a free set and the part is returned,everyone is happy,i might sell 1 set or 100 it dosent really matter to me.

So everyone be cool :cool:

Aussieduner

Orangecnty250r
08-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Holy Moly what happened here while I was away today :crazy: !!

After reading the posts Ive come to this conclusion:
1. Aussie is awesome for doing this and isn't making boat loads of $$
2. I dont blame 88 T for not wanting to send NOS parts. Its hard to come by this stuff and its not cheap and unfortunetly the unexpected does happen at times.
3. Chris is just passionate about three wheelers -nothing wrong with that.

Looks like all has been settled anyways- I can feel the love :D

Aussieduner
08-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Thanks 88 turbo coupe, I'll jump in the boat with you too, I have an extra short track shroud too. But I don't have enough guts to ship them out in hopes that they would return either. They definately are not a dime a dozen.

There will be as many sets as people want when i do the molds i can assure you of that,then ordinary people with a moderate amout of money can have a set or replace a broken set without the outrageous ebay prices that people are asking,$1200US for a kit is a joke and more fool the person that pays that amount.

By the way there is no "HOPE" involved with me returning doner parts,i sort of get the feeling your saying im a person that should not be trusted ? maybe i should remember that when i have sets of ST shrouds for under $100 and you want to buy some.

Aussieduner

deathman53
08-20-2005, 08:56 PM
can you get me the part number for the short track radiator brackets, PLEASE..

Aussieduner
08-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Here is a pic of some OEM Z shrouds a member of this board set me to copy,and here are the molds that have been made made,This guy is getting back his donated parts and a set of Z shrouds for his trouble,if has any issues about his parts he would email me or if he wanted ring me.I even told him last week that im done with the doner part and did he need it returned...he said "no just send it back with the free set when your ready" so he's cool with the arrangement.

Its going to be interesting when the ST shrouds are at this stage,it will be nice to tuck away those OEM new shrouds and put mine on and know you can replace them whenever you want if damage happens,oh and not pay hundreds of dollars.

Aussieduner

twgranger
08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
man i can't wait entill the yellow ones are done! Looks great.

Aussieduner
08-20-2005, 09:37 PM
man i can't wait entill the yellow ones are done! Looks great.

Im working on them right now ! just cleaning up the middle vent area as you can see the lines drawn in.

Cheers
Aussieduner

chris200x
08-20-2005, 10:35 PM
It's all in good fun... I blame aussieduner. :p You should live in the states :beer

Hey by the way... Ever consider making 200x headlight shells. :rolleyes:

I know your busy but I would be more than happy to ship my shell to ya! :naughty:

Aussieduner
08-20-2005, 10:54 PM
It's all in good fun... I blame aussieduner. :p You should live in the states :beer

Hey by the way... Ever consider making 200x headlight shells. :rolleyes:

I know your busy but I would be more than happy to ship my shell to ya! :naughty:

LOL...ive been to the US a couple of times got friends in Arcadia SoCal,man its a full on place ! I think i will stay here "Downunder",hey i just shipped a Honda Pilot all the way here so im not shipping that back.
The headlight shells i have seen from the inside pics have lugs inside the light screws to this is not doable in "Vac Form" methods,its a injection process that is needed,send me an inside pic anyway as it may be different.

Everyone Happy ?.......i am.... its a beautiful day here in OZ,might go out the back and pat my Koala LOL

Cheers
Aussieduner

chris200x
08-21-2005, 12:02 AM
This is the best i can do at the moment.

WoW...Whatever happended to that short track kit on ebay with a $12oo BIN??? :rolleyes:

Aussieduner
08-21-2005, 12:31 AM
This is the best i can do at the moment.

WoW...Whatever happended to that short track kit on ebay with a $12oo BIN??? :rolleyes:

I can see by the pic that it has lugs inside for the headlight so no go on that one..sorry mate.
The $1200 kit is still going,think its $899US which is around $1200 AU anyway.... LOL,a fool and his money are easy parted it seems.
There goes another ST kit into someones garage never to see the light of day on a 250R...what a waste.

Aussieduner

88 Turbo Coupe
08-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Right radiator bracket PN 19045-ha2-810
Left bracket PN 19044-ha2-810

greenhuman
08-21-2005, 09:48 AM
I have never heard the old fella called a "Koala" before!

350x'inNY
08-21-2005, 09:50 AM
I can see by the pic that it has lugs inside for the headlight so no go on that one..sorry mate.
The $1200 kit is still going,think its $899US which is around $1200 AU anyway.... LOL,a fool and his money are easy parted it seems.
There goes another ST kit into someones garage never to see the light of day on a 250R...what a waste.

Aussieduner

Hey.... did you get my pm with a list of about 9 rare things I had here to make molds for the bros? Hondaline fender flares, Nos headlight plastic, airbox covers, etc....

Add #10 --- a set of NOS 350X front fork guards.....

You game man?

email me at atc350x250r@earthlink.net

Hondaline Hartman

Maine_Triker
08-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Hey.... did you get my pm with a list of about 9 rare things I had here to make molds for the bros? Hondaline fender flares, Nos headlight plastic, airbox covers, etc....

Add #10 --- a set of NOS 350X front fork guards.....

You game man?

email me at atc350x250r@earthlink.net

Hondaline Hartman
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

When you get those parts made I'll take some :naughty:

Aussieduner
08-21-2005, 06:26 PM
I have never heard the old fella called a "Koala" before!

Hey where have you been hiding ? Did you get the magzine preview i sent over ?

Clare

Aussieduner
08-21-2005, 06:29 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

When you get those parts made I'll take some :naughty:

I PMed you re some pictures of those bits,did you get it ok ?

Aussieduner

Maine_Triker
08-22-2005, 10:24 AM
I PMed you re some pictures of those bits,did you get it ok ?

Aussieduner
LOL you talking to me or 350x'inNY?

350x'inNY
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Aussieduner..... I sent you a pm days ago offering up some Hondaline and other rarities.... 8/18/2005.... here's a "quote" of that....

More Part models....

Hey... now that I've seen some of your work, I have some items that may interest you.

1.) NOS 350X headlight shroud.
2.) Hondaline Fairing - can be taken apart to 4 pieces.
3.) 350X airbox lid
4.) NOS 86 350X tank shrouds (now disc. from HONDA)
5.) NOS Hondaline 350X Front Fender Extender
6.) NOS Hondaline 350X Rear Fender Flares
7.) 350X rear mud flap (may be too long....)
8.) 82R air box lid
9.) 83-85 200X Hondaline Fender Extender
10.) 81-82R Headlight Shroud (was behind the fairing.... very mint!)

Please let me know what items you'd be interested in trying. I can take pictures for you too!

Bruce "Hondaline" Hartman

Then here in this thread I added that I have a set of NIB Maier front fork covers for 350X ....

Let me know man... I'm a bit leary of sending it all at once, but I'm sure we can work some things out..... wish you were in the States or took a little vacation here so you could put them wrapped up safely in your suitcase! hahha

Bruce

Aussieduner
08-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Aussieduner..... I sent you a pm days ago offering up some Hondaline and other rarities.... 8/18/2005.... here's a "quote" of that....

Then here in this thread I added that I have a set of NIB Maier front fork covers for 350X ....

Let me know man... I'm a bit leary of sending it all at once, but I'm sure we can work some things out..... wish you were in the States or took a little vacation here so you could put them wrapped up safely in your suitcase! hahha

Bruce
Hi Bruce
I PMed you a couple of times to get some pics of the parts if possible,i need some shots of the inside of the item in question to see if a mold can be taken and a Vac Formed item produced.

Aussieduner

350x'inNY
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi Bruce
I PMed you a couple of times to get some pics of the parts if possible,i need some shots of the inside of the item in question to see if a mold can be taken and a Vac Formed item produced.

Aussieduner

OK dokie smokey..... I hear you have an infinity for license plates? I'll take some pics this week... both sides and all that jazz....

Bruce

Aussieduner
08-23-2005, 05:20 AM
OK dokie smokey..... I hear you have an infinity for license plates? I'll take some pics this week... both sides and all that jazz....

Bruce

I do indeed,trying to get every State LOL....mmm and i just noticed your in State i dont have a plate from ;)
Cool send some pics and we will see whats doable.

Aussieduner

SpeedBump
08-23-2005, 06:41 AM
By the way there is no "HOPE" involved with me returning doner parts,i sort of get the feeling your saying im a person that should not be trusted ? maybe i should remember that when i have sets of ST shrouds for under $100 and you want to buy some.

Aussieduner

I think he was NOT directing that at YOU or at any one person, but saying it as a generality. Crap Happens. Any number of things could happen. I am not sure, but I would figure there would be more people that just one trustworthy guy handling the donor parts. It isn't too far of a stretch to imagine somebody putting the shroud down and then somebody else accidentally dropping something else on it, or the shroud getting scraped by accident. Saying that it could be paid for sometimes wouldn't cover it. Don't think there are that many perfect parts available THAT COULD BE PURCHASED to replace it. Here is a small example....I rear-ended my Brother, 350Xhilaration, on his near perfect 350X. The TANK was PERFECT. Not a ding, scrape, scratch or rub mark....nothing. I hit him, rolled him, dented the tank. No matter how it happened, it did. The tank is damaged. It can be fixed, but it will NEVER be the same as the ORIGINAL, PERFECT TANK. A part like that.....never saw one for sale. If one ever DID come on the market....sheesh, guess I gotta mortgage the house.

Anyway, I guess the point was and is, he wasn't bringing YOUR ethics into question, and some parts are too rare to take a risk with. Good luck on your repos....it will help lots of guys. :beer

Aussieduner
08-23-2005, 06:59 AM
I think he was NOT directing that at YOU or at any one person, but saying it as a generality. Crap Happens. Any number of things could happen. I am not sure, but I would figure there would be more people that just one trustworthy guy handling the donor parts. It isn't too far of a stretch to imagine somebody putting the shroud down and then somebody else accidentally dropping something else on it, or the shroud getting scraped by accident. Saying that it could be paid for sometimes wouldn't cover it. Don't think there are that many perfect parts available THAT COULD BE PURCHASED to replace it. Here is a small example....I rear-ended my Brother, 350Xhilaration, on his near perfect 350X. The TANK was PERFECT. Not a ding, scrape, scratch or rub mark....nothing. I hit him, rolled him, dented the tank. No matter how it happened, it did. The tank is damaged. It can be fixed, but it will NEVER be the same as the ORIGINAL, PERFECT TANK. A part like that.....never saw one for sale. If one ever DID come on the market....sheesh, guess I gotta mortgage the house.

Anyway, I guess the point was and is, he wasn't bringing YOUR ethics into question, and some parts are too rare to take a risk with. Good luck on your repos....it will help lots of guys. :beer

Its all cool mate i get what he was saying, i prefer the doner parts to be well and truely used as im using the inside anyway not the outer and then there are no problems not that any damage would be done to the outside anyway from what im doing.Anyway its all cool my way,no offence taken :-)

Aussieduner

88 Turbo Coupe
08-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I love this hobby!! Peace be with you

Aussieduner
08-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I love this hobby!! Peace be with you

Its all good mate,hey i found a ST kit right here in my home town :w00t: going to get it today.Watch out for ST shrouds for everyone :cool:

Cheers
Aussiedner

deathman53
08-23-2005, 08:26 PM
do you think we could get them in different colors???? I thinking of changing the color of my bike to white and red plastic, silvervein frame(have), brake pedal(have), black pegs, black hypers, black tripples, black front rim.

Orangecnty250r
08-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Uh oh looks Like we have another player in this game (its up to 935.00 bucks)

dirtface
08-23-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm betting Triztunes isn't done yet. To bid it up as high as he has, we haven't seen the last of him yet.

Aussieduner
08-24-2005, 07:15 AM
do you think we could get them in different colors???? I thinking of changing the color of my bike to white and red plastic, silvervein frame(have), brake pedal(have), black pegs, black hypers, black tripples, black front rim.

Black and white no problems and with the Polypropolene material i should be able to make red,yellow etc.

Aussieduner