PDA

View Full Version : The lexicon way to chat at 3WW

OldSchoolin86
08-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Lexicon is a mIRC script that I prefer to use for chat instead of the default set up on the main page. There's nothing wrong with the default, it's just not my cup of tea.

First thing you need to do is get the program. The program is located at the following address:

http://mikimook.tripod.com/download.htm

Click on the link labeled Lexiconscript.zip. You'll be asked if you want to save it to disk or run. I always save to disk but that's because I have a habit of virus scanning packages before I open them. Once you have the program you'll need to unzip it and click on the Lexiconscript32.exe application. If you don't have a program to unzip it you can get a free one at the following address:

http://www.winzip.com/downwzeval.htm

Just get the evaluation, it will work fine. When you have it unzipped and go to run the .exe application you may get a warning but don't worry it is safe to run.

Ok so you’re at the point where you have clicked on the Lexiconscript32.exe application and it has started. Read and hit next, repeat. You'll now be asked where to install the program. It has an odd default so you may want to set it to your program file or where ever else you'd like it to perform the install.

Now that you've got lexicon you'll need to set it up. Set up is easy and for the most part a one time deal. Start by opening the program if you have not already. When the program starts you may see a box with a message in it. Read or don't read then click off the box and get rid of it. Look near the top left for a folder with a hammer on it next to a lightning bolt. Click on the folder with the hammer.

You are now in the in the mIRC options box. On the left side click on Connect. In the top right corner of this same box you'll see a button labeled add. Click on it. In the add box you'll need to name a new server on the description line, something like 3WW is good. Then on the IRC server line type in the following address:

Leave the other lines alone and hit add. At the bottom of the connect box add in your nickname and alternative nickname.

Next, go back to the left side of the IRC options box and click on perform. At the top of this box you'll see an option to enable perform on connect. Click this so it is enabled. Now make sure the pull down menu is on all networks. In the big white area below type in the following:

/join #3wheelerworld

You are now done with set-up. Click OK at the bottom of the IRC options window. Go back up to the top and click on the lightning bolt. You are now in same 3WW chat as everyone else. Next time all you have to do is start lexicon and click on the lightning bolt, that's it.

Good luck!

OldSchoolin86
08-21-2005, 11:12 AM
LOL, the 3WW chat server is down at the moment but you can still set it up for later use.

slothminx
08-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I thought i would say that i have found it alot easier using lexicon and im gonna stick a screen shot in for all you that are interested

lol osin your not going all british are you "its just not my cup of tea" :lol:

OldSchoolin86
08-21-2005, 03:35 PM
LOL, some of that Brit talk is just to darn addictive.

The server is up and working again if anyone did what to try it out.

BigGreenMachine
08-21-2005, 10:39 PM
I predict a lot more users in chat, including me when I'm done setting this up. Thank you OldSchoolin!

BigGreenMachine
08-21-2005, 10:58 PM
set up but the room is empty

nouseforaname90
08-21-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm on there now. Noone is on..

350xsx
08-22-2005, 01:46 AM
thanks for the info, i never understood the wjole chat thing, but now i guess ill figure it out, im in the middle of settin it up if anyone wants to jooin me when im done, dunno how long that will take tho :\
Thanks
Kyle

350xsx
08-22-2005, 02:06 AM
okay i figured it out, thankyouuuu oldschoolin, noow some pople jus have to go on

OldSchoolin86
08-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Glad I could help everyone. Now if you want some good chat action sign in late. I dip in all the time but the croud doesn't come untill late, like Wendy's late.

350xsx
08-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Glad I could help everyone. Now if you want some good chat action sign in late. I dip in all the time but the croud doesn't come untill late, like Wendy's late.

lol.....
i guess i was too latem i was on from about 2:30 to 4:45 in the am :( i was thinkin, in california thats only like 12 or 11 to 2 or 3 or somethin, so you guys are slackin over there, youre not even on Wendy's late :(

350xsx
08-22-2005, 07:07 PM
waiiit, i exited out of the 3WW chat window by accident, and it wont come back? i dont kjnow what to do, and im not that good with computers in the first place...
Thanks

nouseforaname90
08-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Well.. last night I set up the Lexicon thing exactly as you said to. And I was on it, and it said I was the only one on. Then I got on the one on the 3WW homepage, and there were like 6 people on there chattin away. So.. whats up with this?

OldSchoolin86
08-22-2005, 08:12 PM
waiiit, i exited out of the 3WW chat window by accident, and it wont come back? i dont kjnow what to do, and im not that good with computers in the first place...
Thanks
Try closing everything out, re-open the lex program and hit the lightning bolt to reconnect.

Well.. last night I set up the Lexicon thing exactly as you said to. And I was on it, and it said I was the only one on. Then I got on the one on the 3WW homepage, and there were like 6 people on there chattin away. So.. whats up with this?

Start by going back into the IRC option box (folder with a hammer). Once in there select connect. In this box set IRC network to All and then set the box directly below it to 3WW(this is the server you set up originaly, if you used a different name then 3WW select the name you made). Now go to perform and make sure you have enable perform on connect check marked. Next set the network box to All Networks. In the white note space below that, you should have the following:

/join #3wheelerworld

If you don't have that there then type it in. If all of the above is correct then hit ok and you should be ready to connect. You connect by hitting the lightning bolt.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

EDIT: I'm in there right now connected on two different computers. One name is OSin86 and the other is atc400x. If you see those then you're in.

nouseforaname90
08-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Ok. Well I'm in there now. But only Xowner and jatv250 are in there. So unless you're not in there right now, something is still wrong.. I think I got it though. Just checking to see if you're in there or not.

OldSchoolin86
08-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Is there a topic like "welcome to 3Wheelerworld chat" ?

nouseforaname90
08-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah.. it says "The Topic is "Welcome to 3WhelerWorld Chat"

OldSchoolin86
08-22-2005, 08:44 PM
I figured it out, we should be there now

BigGreenMachine
08-22-2005, 09:06 PM
I've been in there off and on all day and have only seen 350xsx

350xsx
08-23-2005, 02:36 AM
I've been in there off and on all day and have only seen 350xsx

Well at least we're doin the same thing :cry: except i cant figure out how to get back on lol
A window comes up and says staus, Script Initinalization Not Complete.Enjoy in orange words and than Lexicon Script TM in those wierd letters they use in yellow with parentese aroundthat, and thats as far as i got, im gunna jus gunna uninstall it, and reinstall it and redo it if i dont get it to work
and damn dude you gota lotta patience :w00t: Great Guy
Thanks For All The Help/Info

350xsx
08-23-2005, 02:48 AM
got my prollem fixed as far as i know, im in the 3WW chat jus no one there, its a lil past Wendy's late even tho again.....
Thanks,

BigGreenMachine
08-23-2005, 08:56 PM
still seeing nobody in there, its like no1 is ever on

Billy Golightly
08-23-2005, 09:04 PM
You guys must be on the wrong server...theres a few of us in there right now. In the command line at the bottom where you type in, type "/server chat.3wheelerworldforums.com" without the quotes, wait a few brief seconds and then type "/join #3wheelerworld"

BigGreenMachine
08-23-2005, 10:36 PM
wicket billy! that worked perfect

350xsx
08-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Ya that was my problem too
Thanks Bill