PDA

View Full Version : bio fuel - moved

Aussieboy1
08-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey guy

I know this has nothing to do with trikes but l need to ask someone..

Have anybody on this site heard much about a company called "Greasecar"
they build biofuel kits .. Im looking at maybe importing one for my Toyota Landcruiser wagon..

Cheers fellas..

twgranger
08-23-2005, 08:57 PM
I have never heard of them. :wondering

Glenn J
08-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Yep, I have. It's big with the VW crowd because VW is one of a few companies that has had diesel engines brough to the states. Bacially, you're converting the car to run used deep fryer oil. Most of the kits now (IIRC) are switchable. You have two tanks and you can switch between the fryer-o-later fuel and the regular diesel. I think the kits have some type of heating elemet to keep the oil warm becuase the stuff hardens at a pretty low temp. I'm not sure if you can run the fry-o-lator stuff when the weather gets to a certain temp.

edog
08-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Seen a special program on Horsepower Tv.You can buy this whole kit that can convert used fryalator oil into byo deisel for $500.Looks cool if i hade a deisel. :welcome: :TrikesOwn :w00t:

straight pipe
08-24-2005, 08:57 AM
i've heard of this as well. and the exaust fumes smell like french fries..mmmmmmmm frreeeench friiiiiees ahhahahhahhaha

xd 200x
08-24-2005, 09:01 AM
so here is a question. This thing runs on fry grease how do you get the grease and #2 when bob ming figures that his grease trap is being robed he is probably ganna put a lock on it and charge for it. Then you gained nothing

brapp
08-24-2005, 09:03 AM
well as fqar as i know the kit was only for diesels but thats what i know.

bigredhead
08-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Most fast food companies have to pay to have the used grease taken away.. so if you are willing to pick it up for free.. Bonus for you.

But make no mistake... used fryer grease is DISCUSTING !!!

and yeah.. i've heard about the fryer smell exhaust... daym.. i got the munchies now..

86250RZ
08-24-2005, 10:00 AM
you also have to strain all the impurities out of the old oil, to me that would be the worst part. Well, that and the inside of your car always smells like fries lol

trikes4life
08-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah i seen it done the truck runs just like it does with regular diesel. But you have to strain the oil real good with a fine mesh strain.

Have you guys seen the soy been oil cars on the discovery. That **** is cool, 50 miles to the gallon and the estimated cost per gallon would be around 70 cents. But the goverment wounldn't allow for the production.

Glenn J
08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah i seen it done the truck runs just like it does with regular diesel. But you have to strain the oil real good with a fine mesh strain.

Have you guys seen the soy been oil cars on the discovery. That **** is cool, 50 miles to the gallon and the estimated cost per gallon would be around 70 cents. But the goverment wounldn't allow for the production.

Not exactly the case. We'd have to convert every square inch of this country to soy bean fields if we wanted to produce enough to keep up with demand. Some alternative fuels looks great, but the economics behind them just don't cut it.

Speaking of smelly french fry cars. Here in CT, there's a guy who has a VW that he runs on fryer oil. He lives somewhat out in the sticks and parks his car outside of his garage. Well, ond day, a bear came along and got whiff of his car. The bear broke into the car and tore upthe inside getting to the tank of grese. Oops!.

86250RZ
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Speaking of smelly french fry cars. Here in CT, there's a guy who has a VW that he runs on fryer oil. He lives somewhat out in the sticks and parks his car outside of his garage. Well, ond day, a bear came along and got whiff of his car. The bear broke into the car and tore upthe inside getting to the tank of grese. Oops!.[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny, never thought of that but it makes plenty of sense. Just imagine all the dogs in the neighborhood chasing you car down, you look in your rearview mirror and you've got like 30 of them chasing after you LOL

esande151
08-25-2005, 05:08 PM
biodiesel.now this site is very informative, giving pros and cons

LaDano
08-28-2005, 09:51 PM
As advertised on "trucks" it only cost 70 cents a gallon to convert the oil into fuel. You figure $500 investment, how many miles at 18mpg would it take to payoff and smell good at it to?