PDA

View Full Version : Anybody do Stone Work??

Orangecnty250r
08-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Well I've been pretty busy working on the stone work on my house (which is a converted sawmill/workshop by the way) I spent three years of my life building this place with my fathers physical assistance (no contractors here all ...personal knuckle bustin) Well the section of the house with the stone work is actually a 1000 square foot great room with cathedral ceilings. I get all the stone off my property and read how to books- Just about finished with the back-- the top section is 14 foot high and I work off the old beater truck in the background. Looks pretty good for a masonry rookie eh

This is why my three wheeler builds have been slow

Pistonhead
08-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Wow that is a VERY nice place man! I've always been interested in stone masonry, but since I'm not done high school I've never had a chance to really try it for myself, what I can say is that stone masons are very well paid around here and have plenty of work for them mainly because they are few and far between.

nouseforaname90
08-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Thats a nice place you got. Probably looks even better inside. Good job!

Yamahauler
08-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Thats a nice place you got. Probably looks even better inside. Good job!
Of course it looks better inside, isnt that where you store you Tecate and your other trikes? btw, you should post some pics of that Tecate outside, I don't think I've seen anywhere other than in your shop.

That looks awesome though, and you say you've never done it before, that looks professional

Maine_Triker
08-24-2005, 09:59 AM
btw, you should post some pics of that Tecate outside, I don't think I've seen anywhere other than in your shop.

NO!!! A bird might fly by and crap on it!! It's not worth the risk man!!! :lol:

Seriously, that is an awesome place there, nice work!

LonesomeTriZ
08-24-2005, 10:44 AM
It looks as though you are living a dream.

Kintore
08-24-2005, 10:55 AM
What more can you want?
Nice house! Nice Trikes! and a beater truck

Answer to my question- More trikes!

phreakboy
08-24-2005, 10:25 PM
That looks pretty good considering that you are a rookie. I wouldnt change style now, but just a future hint if you make sure that basically every stone has one horizontal line to it, it will come out looking really nice.