PDA

View Full Version : Glove Choice

DX Rider12
08-24-2005, 02:25 PM
I need some gloves for riding. I was wondering what suggestions you guys have. Also if you've had any good/bad experiences with gloves (which company is good or not.) I've been looking at these and I like them I just wanna see what you guys think.

OldSchoolin86
08-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I've got just plain old Thor gloves and love them. They've lasted a long time, you can barely feel they're on and they grip good. No more sore hands after a long day of riding here.

ATCWRENCH
08-24-2005, 02:53 PM
I have a pair of Answer Alpha Airs and they rock, real light feel and they have breather screens on the top of the fingers which help out a bunch.

bigredhead
08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
I went to costco and got 2 pairs of mechanic gloves for 15 $.. love them. and tough !

In winter.. i end up wearing leather work gloves alot !! lol...

daym i'm cheap.uhhh.. i mean broke.

250rAL
08-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I was going to start a thread like this. My son and I both have year-old Thor gloves that just fell apart on our last ride. The material in the palm and fingers just rolled off like a pencil eraser but more so. I've got a small hole and he's got a gaping hole. Anybody got a brand that'll stand up to aggressive riding? :Bounce

Mobular
08-25-2005, 10:27 AM
My next pair will be Mechanix gloves. Just as good a riding gloves and cheaper....

OldSchoolin86
08-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Going to a mechanix glove from what I have would be a down grade. They have less ventilation and feel thicker. DK has a similar set to what I have on close out for 13.95.

brapp
08-25-2005, 12:29 PM
I AHVE ONEAL APOCOLYPSE GOVES THIE R DECENT FOR 15 BUX BUT I LIEK MECHANICS WEAR IMPACT 2 GLOVES THIER THE BEST I HAVE YET FOR TIGHT WOODS AND BRUSH AND ANYWHERE WHERE ROCKS COULD HIT MY HANDS. THE CHEAPER MECHANICS WEAR GLOVES ARE JUNK!! BUT I ALSO HAVE A SET OF ANSWER EDGE GLOVES THAT WERE FAIRLY DECENT. BUT I DONT USUALY WEAR GLOVES TO BEGIN WITH. I GET ARM PUMP REAL BAD WHEN I WEAR GLOVES BIT IN THE WINTERTIME I DO ALOT OF SNOW RIDING AND I WEAr A SET OF ARTICCAR AND A SET OF KLEIM SNOWMOBILE GLOVES AND LOVE THEM. BUT THIEWR EXPENSIVE LIEK 60+ A PAIR.

AZ250R
08-25-2005, 06:15 PM
I need some gloves for riding.
Go and try them on first. I found that most of the super expensive, yet way exotic looking, gloves feel like crap on the inside. Some had like fishing line stiching that poked inside, not good. I've found most of the cheaper ones feel the best and that's what it all comes down to if your being realistic about it. The designs change EVERY year it seems too. Plus I've found that it don't matter what kind I get, 2 or 3 years of wear is about it or your just not RIDE'n HARD ENOUGH IMO! :twisted:

Heres a good link to a BUNCH of em:
http://dirt-bikes.ridegear.com/shop/MX_Gloves.html
I have the "SHIFT air strike gloves" right now.

hondatrikesrule22
08-25-2005, 08:30 PM
I have some FOX "PAWTECTOR"s at the moment. They are holding up pretty good.