PDA

View Full Version : 3 TO 4 WHEEL CONVERSIONS!!!! 200s 185s suspension!!

3TO4CONVERSIONS
08-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Hey guys,,

I need your input. I have a welding/ bike shop in CT and am wondering how many people would be interested in quality 3 to 4 wheel conversion kits??? I am in the process of deiding if I should start manufacturing theese kits. I would like to know what bikes you have that you would like to convert and any other sugestions you may have.
I am also goingf to start building the rrear suspension kits for the honda 200s 185s. I may be creating a version with a chrome moly racing axle,very hi quality swing arm,reinforced ubderframe weld on braces, and disc rear brake!!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE MADE FOR 3 WHEELERS!!!!!!!!! Everything will be made in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!

freewheel3
08-25-2005, 12:24 AM
First of all, welcome to the forum. Second, you probably won't find too many members here interested in converting their 3 wheelers to 4. That's kind of like blasphemy to some of us.
But, converting existing 4 wheelers to 3, now thats an idea. Say, like a 660 Raptor with 3 wheels...hmmm. The suspension idea is a good one if it's a viable design & install.

Yamahauler
08-25-2005, 12:24 AM
i would say not to many people would be interested, since this is THREE wheeler world, haha. But there could be a few...

Yamahauler
08-25-2005, 12:26 AM
First of all, welcome to the forum. Second, you probably won't find too many members here interested in converting their 3 wheelers to 4. That's kind of like blasphemy to some of us.
But, converting existing 4 wheelers to 3, now thats an idea. Say, like a 660 Raptor with 3 wheels...hmmm. The suspension idea is a good one if it's a viable design & install.
now, theres an idea.

Lots_Of_Nothing
08-25-2005, 12:29 AM
I dont think you read the website name very well. .. What you just did is like going to a ford forum, and asking how many people would be interested in converting their fords to a chevy. (just a comparison, dont take it literally).

I'm sure you would have lots of interest in the rear suspension kits, and other performance parts for the ATC's. But the 4 wheel conversions.. Come on now man, use some common sence.

Welcome to the forums, I look forward to seeing some of your work. (besides the golf cart kits)

chris200x
08-25-2005, 12:44 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You must be on drugs to come into a trike forum offering quad conversion kits! :crazy:

Has anyone seen this guy?

TrikeKid
08-25-2005, 12:49 AM
4 to 3 yeah sure, 3 to 4 ARE YOU INSANE!, now rear suspenison for the non suspended trikes that's an idea, did the CSPC put you up to this?

1984kxtTECATE
08-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Hey guys,,

I need your input. I have a welding/ bike shop in CT and am wondering how many people would be interested in quality 3 to 4 wheel conversion kits??? I am in the process of deiding if I should start manufacturing theese kits. I would like to know what bikes you have that you would like to convert and any other sugestions you may have.
I am also goingf to start building the rrear suspension kits for the honda 200s 185s. I may be creating a version with a chrome moly racing axle,very hi quality swing arm,reinforced ubderframe weld on braces, and disc rear brake!!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE MADE FOR 3 WHEELERS!!!!!!!!! Everything will be made in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I would like a big bore jug, high performance head, racing pipe, racing ignition for my tecate, can you do that :lol: :crazy: :eek: Turn the yfz450 the trx 450R, KXF 400, Raptor into a trike and you will really get some bussiness.

firefirefire90
08-25-2005, 02:14 AM
When you start converting 2 wheelers in to trikes, give me a call. I mean but, Come ON! This is a 3wheeler site, why would we turn our dinasours into....non dinosaurs...yeah ok i lost it there but I like the idea for the rear suspension, what axles will you use? Dura blue?

Maine_Triker
08-25-2005, 08:32 AM
The suspension thing is an awesome idea! Also you should make kits to go from 2 to 3 instead of 3 to 4!!!!

Phil

Glenn J
08-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Hey guys,,

Where abouts in Connecticut are you located?

Mobular
08-25-2005, 10:26 AM
I am also going to start building the rrear suspension kits for the honda 200s 185s. I may be creating a version with a chrome moly racing axle,very hi quality swing arm,reinforced ubderframe weld on braces, and disc rear brake!!

How about a budget kit that will utilize the existing axle/carrier and drum brake?? The cheaper kit would be more attractive and using more of the stock parts would keep the costs down....

brapp
08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
The Suspension Kidts Are A Good Idea. Liek For The Atc70 And The Yt125 And 175 But The 3-4 Kits Are Just Plain Rediculious. You Canpick Up A Cheap Quad For 4-500 Bux If You Look At The Right Poplaces. Why Change Soemthing That Works. But The 4-3 Kits Woudl Be Awesome. I Know I Would Buy A 450r Or A Yfz In 3 Wheeler Form. Like Use The Components Off The Yfz And Buoild Frames That Utilize Everythign Off The 450r Or The Yfz But With A 3 Wheeler Front End Possibly Makign The Inverted Forks Off A Cr125 Or Something Along Thoise Lines. Just An Idea In My Oppinion. I Know I Would Buy One!

BigGreenMachine
08-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Common guys, don't flame the guy since he is trying to help us out. 3TO4CONVERSIONS, there is a large market for extended swingarms for the 250 two stroke trikes and all the others for that matter. Do the swingarms instead of teh trike conversion. Then you could go ahead and start making full suspension Honda 70 frames and rear suspension kits for the unsuspened trikes. Great idea man and for sure there is a market for this stuff. One item I'd love to see made would be a smaller aluminum gas tank for the 85 Tecate. Back when people raced these bikes a company called Cal-fab made small aluminum tanks with a narrower front section to allow more clearance for the fork tubes to move when turning, thus making a smaller turning radius.

James

yamahaman89
08-25-2005, 04:31 PM
why would you even stick up for this guy but having a 660r trike WOW :TrikesOwn

Maine_Triker
08-25-2005, 04:39 PM
I just hope this isn't another one of OS86's bad "jokes"....

OldSchoolin86
08-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I just hope this isn't another one of OS86's bad "jokes"....
LOL, I was waiting for someone to question that factor. Don't worry, I have nothing to do with this one.

If you guys want extended swingarms then give me a call. I'll convert quads to trikes too but most people would never pay what it cost to do it right.

BigGreenMachine
08-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Nah, I just picked up a brand new +2 Champion on .ORG but I'm sure others would be interested. If I had any other bike then the Tecate I'd make my own but this thing has one ugly and wierd stock arm.