PDA

View Full Version : Houston Area Guys -Help I may be getting ripped Big$$$

Orangecnty250r
08-27-2005, 02:42 PM
I apologize if this is in the wrong place but I'm a little worried and I need a little exposure on the forum with the busiest traffic for a little while.

I purchased an 81 ATC 250r off a seller with great feedback who owns a vintage dirt bike business. My excitement is turning sour and to anger. I Immediately paypaled a $500 deposit and sent a $1300 cashiers check (added the shipping charges) as requested last Friday and paid to overnight the funds. The trike was to be picked up and shipped this past Mon or Tues. After recieiving no shipping confirmation I emailed the seller - NO response for 2 days

Then I called a number (His parents who are older) they said they hadnt seen him in days and didnt know if he'll be back -Bad right! it gets worse

Called a another number ( His cell apparently )he picked up he didnt sound right :crazy: he apologized said he was up in Northern texas said he be back in his area the next day and would get this moving

Next day never heard back!! I have been calling his cell leaving voice mail for days now with NO response.

All i want is my dream 81 r to make it to NY. I have his parents address and the name of his business and his name. I want to hold off making this public until I know whats going on. I'm appealing to any Houston area guy to PM if you are willing to help out if I dont hear back. $1800 is something to lose some sleep over. I may have to fly to Texas if this turns out bad

Darius where are you from??? Anyway any help or info would be appreciated.
I wont post his personal info yet Please PM me.

chris200x
08-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Holey smokes! Sounds like a bumb deal... I would not panic just yet though. How did you meet this guy or find out about him? was it an ebay purchase? If he owns a business I'm sure he'll show up eventually. Maybe have to fly down there and open up a can of whoopass!. Keep us updated.

hey, can't you call the place you got the cashier's check from and find out if it was cashed? If it wasn't cancel it.

bigredhead
08-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Don't let off... keep at it, Call every day... Call his parents every day... etc....

I bet he comes up with some stupid excuse for not calling you back and will play the sympathy game.. i hate poeple like that.

Alot of members on here.. i'm sure someone is close by.. usually no need for violence and freaking out usually does not help, be civil about it .. for now at least !! lol...

At least you have phone numbers and people answering.. so that's a good thing.

I wish i was closer.. sorry to hear.. but don't give up !

foster
08-28-2005, 09:29 AM
A daily dose of phone calls pestering mom and dad will hopefully do the trick. Nothing gets things moving like mom telling you to "get this guy to stop phoning our house, sonny!!!!!!"

Macs
08-28-2005, 07:20 PM
pm me all info, i will do what i can. i hate dirtbags. by the way it sounds it may be this scam artist that has been working this area. get back to me

T-Rex
08-28-2005, 07:51 PM
I live in Texas as well, whats his name and the name of his business. I have a lot of friends on north and east Texas that could help...

Orangecnty250r
08-28-2005, 08:11 PM
After several phone calls this weekend we did touch base one time. It is Supposed to ship early this week "AGAIN. " Thanks guys for offering to help and I will contact you this week and take you up on your offers if I dont have a tracking confirmation.

Hornetpowerspor
09-04-2005, 10:50 AM
What is the news? Did you get the tracking conformation this last week? Keep us updated. I know the feeling of being burned, hopefully the guy is just slow!

Orangecnty250r
09-05-2005, 02:24 PM
I think he's just slow. After going through some more phone calls, leaving a stalkers amount of voicemails and emails we would connect and have to reconnect. I finally got a tracking confirmation number and looks like it may be coming this thursday. I'm still really excited but the stress of wondering about this one has gotten to me a little. I just want this puppy in my possession!!

OldManDM
09-06-2005, 12:15 AM
keep us posted...i need to drive down there this week to pick up another atc 70 i bought that is in sugar land,which is right outside of houston,and i used to live in houston as well...i`d be happy to go smoke this guy out and throw your `81 on the trailer with the 70 and bring it back up here so we could get it shipped to it`s new home....let me know....feel free to call my cell if you need to...817-991-4111...Eric