PDA

View Full Version : WTF gas prices!!

twgranger
08-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Is it just me or what?? For regular gas here yesterday was $2.65 a gallon and today it hit $3.00 in some stores!!! And the gas station workers said it is going over $3.00 later tonight. This **** has to end, im going broke!!!1 :(

OldSchoolin86
08-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Sucks but this means we are finaly catching up to the rest of the world, and I'm not talking about Venezuela.

nouseforaname90
08-30-2005, 05:19 PM
It was $2.50 here yesterday, and today it is $2.57. Thats a 7 cent jump and god knows that it going to go even higher tomorrow. Hawaii put a cap on gas prices, and they have the right idea. The other states need to follow the example.

TeamGeek6
08-30-2005, 06:15 PM
be a good time to put some fuel in a barrel and bury it in the back yard. Im hearing rumors of gas and natural gas shortages coming up. A couple of other oil rigs have gone down (one burned to the water line) recently in addition to the ones that were hit in the hurricane.

bigredhead
08-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Going from 1.12 $ can per Liter to 1.40 aparently very shortly over here. now that's a jump !!!

www.zortch.com

I'm looking into building these myself pretty soon !!! anyone want one ? :)

Tri-ZNate
08-30-2005, 06:23 PM
It was $2.61 here yesterday at 3 of our stores. Our Dandy Mart is at $2.69 now and the others are still $2.61. I'm curious to see how long they hold.

Well it is now $2.98 as of this afternoon.

Howdy
08-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Gas was $2.499 here yesterday morning, around noon it was $2.699. The word here is it's going to go up some where between $.13 - $.40 tomorrow. I need a moped in the worst way.
Howdy

DeePa
08-30-2005, 06:38 PM
i think that hurricane in new orleans has a lot to do with it...

slothminx
08-30-2005, 06:40 PM
yeh they said that about the hurricane on the news here. unfortunately it looks like you are catching up:(

90nut
08-30-2005, 06:52 PM
It was at 2.59 a gallon here on Monday and Tuesday morning. This afternoon I had to get gas and it was at 2.79 a gallon. They say it is going to hit 3.00 a gallon by some time in september around here. On the up side to this I just got the old moped out of the corner of the shop. Its a 1976 honda express. It holds just over a half a gallon of gas and runs for almost a week on one tank! I will be riding that baby back and forth to work here in the next week. She is a sweet runner!

bigredhead
08-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Just watched on CNN . they say the storm shut down the distribution pipeline because the power lines are out causing the pumps not to work and a shortage is quickly going uphill..

You'd think they could run generators with all that fuel huh..

twgranger
08-30-2005, 07:29 PM
i just went to the store again and now it is up to $3.20 for regular gas.

nouseforaname90
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Holy ****! It'd better not get that high here.

smokinwrench
08-30-2005, 07:44 PM
$2.59 here yesterday most places are $2.76 today but a couple towns are at $2.95

Tri-ZNate
08-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Its all a bunch of bull ****. They could take a dollar off the price and still make money.

twgranger
08-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Holy ****! It'd better not get that high here.
Wait entill you wake up tommorrow. the prices are suppose to change overnight. :crazy:

Maine_Triker
08-30-2005, 09:48 PM
It's the middle eastern dudes who are the cause off all this... I say blow em all up and then just get all the oil you want lol.

Until then... replace your car with a scooter.... replace your V8 gas truck with a diesel.

Man I remember when people were complaining about $2, rotflmao.

twgranger
08-30-2005, 09:54 PM
It's the middle eastern dudes who are the cause off all this... I say blow em all up and then just get all the oil you want lol.

Until then... replace your car with a scooter.... replace your V8 gas truck with a diesel.

Man I remember when people were complaining about $2, rotflmao.diesel is more than regular gas here.

Maine_Triker
08-30-2005, 09:56 PM
diesel is more than regular gas here.
Yes, but you get much beter miliage :w00t:

YAMAHA_Jim
08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
$2.80 A gallon here for regular and $3.05 for good stuff.
My drive to work is 3 miles each way.Not all that bad. Its only 2 miles through the woods.A tank of gas in the ytm or blaster should last me a few weeks. My bicycle is the last and least favorite option. Walking is not an option b/c it doesnt involve the use of wheels or gearing.
This is hard to imagine but WHAT IF,,,,,Tomorrow morning the news reads "NO MORE OIL". By that I mean,All the wells went dry and all thats left is what the world has in storage,oil,fuel,gas,propane,etc.Eventually we would use everything up. Then the world would be at a real standstill,,,until the use of electric cars and such.
I'd be out of a job,no fuel for my machines;There isnt enough room on my excavator to hold all the batteries needed to operate the hydraulics, Smokinwrench might prove me wrong though.

Oldshell4481
08-30-2005, 10:36 PM
alot is the $0.80 road tax and the price isnt hurt much by the war its the refineries the refinery production is what makes prices higher, the middle east doesnt produce as much crude as south america for us.

Tri-ZNate
08-30-2005, 10:54 PM
What upsets me is for off road diesel you pay$2.00! Thats without taxes!

firefirefire90
08-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Think how europ feels...or england by chance, Last summer, saw 7pounds...WTF?1?! That IS CRAZY It is like 14-15 bucks for a friggin tank of gass

I dont know abot it here in CA, but in england farmers get something called Red Diesel? Lots cheaper than reg diesel..But i guess * haveto be a farmer. Oh well.

smokinwrench
08-30-2005, 10:57 PM
My drive to work is 3 miles each way.Not all that bad. Its only 2 miles through the woods.A tank of gas in the ytm or blaster should last me a few weeks. My bicycle is the last and least favorite option. Walking is not an option b/c it doesnt involve the use of wheels or gearing.
This is hard to imagine but WHAT IF,,,,,Tomorrow morning the news reads "NO MORE OIL". By that I mean,All the wells went dry and all thats left is what the world has in storage,oil,fuel,gas,propane,etc.Eventually we would use everything up. Then the world would be at a real standstill,,,until the use of electric cars and such.
I'd be out of a job,no fuel for my machines;There isnt enough room on my excavator to hold all the batteries needed to operate the hydraulics, Smokinwrench might prove me wrong though.

I'm not proving anything. The machine I worked on today burns between 600-900 gallons every 12 hours depending on what kind of work it's doing.

Let me tell ya though the oil drilling companies are spending money like a kid in a candy store right now. Price doesn't matter get it running no matter what the cost. I charged a drilling rig about $1,300 last Tuesday to drive down and replace an alternator. I looked at a couple other problems and another guy went back down today to fix them. I'm sure they spent an easy $2,500 today. This is just on little minor stuff, small oil leaks, etc..

straight pipe
08-30-2005, 11:08 PM
it's all just a big mother****in money grab. only in the oil buisness can you jack up the price whenever you pleased. i am self employed and you don't see me doubling my shop rate when i am not busy to make the difference up or when i am busy. we should make them lock a price on a yearly basis, if they feel that they lost money ...hey that's buisness ...though **** suck it up.

Tri-ZNate
08-30-2005, 11:09 PM
I dont know abot it here in CA, but in england farmers get something called Red Diesel? Lots cheaper than reg diesel..But i guess * haveto be a farmer. Oh well.

Thats off road diesel. Anyone can get it but if you have it in your truck that you drive on the road and get caught it turns into a BIG fine.

straight pipe
08-30-2005, 11:11 PM
it is cheaper cause they don't charge road tax, the money used to upkeep highways and stuff

BigAir660R
08-30-2005, 11:24 PM
it was 2.49 last night, whe i went to work this morning it was 2.61 at 8:30. 2 hours later it went to 2.71 they say it will reach $3 here in a few days to weeks.

Kintore
08-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Its about 99 cents a litre aroud here, This is terrible!

honda200
08-30-2005, 11:55 PM
it was at 92.9 cents a liter here, then over night it jumped to buck 12

:(

Curtis

atckowalski
08-31-2005, 12:34 AM
Buy or die, They have got us all right where they want us.What is next ? Food? Gas goes up 3 times a day here. Right now it is $2.99.I sure would like to here reasonable explanations for it ????And I mean reasons not excuses!!

EZ in NZ
08-31-2005, 12:46 AM
Its about 99 cents a litre aroud here, This is terrible!

Jeez - It's been years since I remember that price!. Our regular gas hit $1.53 a litre today. That's up over 30c in 4 months. This is really hurting the wallet now!

And the excuses we get in this part of the world are (i) The Nth American summer is forcing a strong demand and (ii) The chinese are putting a thousand new cars on the road everyday right now.

See, the major car companies may have rubbed their hands together when they set up factories in a new auto market that is the modern China but by doing so, the demand that these new consumers are putting on the World's oil means we'll all run out in 10 years instead of 20 or 25 like they previously thought. Then they'll be shutting those new factory doors quicker than they thought.

Let's not forget everything plastic - most of it is petroleum based too!

We're all screwed!

350xsx
08-31-2005, 12:51 AM
alls i gotta say is ita int stoppin me i have 78 bronco with a 351 in it that im puttin a worked460 in, ya gotta do what ya gotta do to have fun, as long as they dont run dry by the time i die, its alll good, ill pay what i gotta pay

travis712
08-31-2005, 02:16 AM
At 5 PM today it was 2.61 a gal at Cumbys. Parents go to the store at 8, its 2.83. 5 minutes away, its still 2.65, who can afford to ride anymore? I talked to a kid today and he goes through 2 tanks of gas everyday on his quad. Thats crazy, I couldn't afford that.

Kintore
08-31-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by firefirefire90

Thats off road diesel. Anyone can get it but if you have it in your truck that you drive on the road and get caught it turns into a BIG fine.

We get that for the farm, nice and cheap. Everyone around here does use it for there trucks(turns head a looks away :rolleyes: )

86250RZ
08-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Let's not forget everything plastic - most of it is petroleum based too!

We're all screwed![/QUOTE]

Dont forget rubber is also petroleum based.

max
08-31-2005, 11:41 AM
3.09 For Regular Here In Kent Ohio. Wow!!!!!!! Better Break Out The Lube For This One. Looks Like We Might Be Bent Over For A While.

trikes4life
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
I am planning to steal a tanker soon, i been hearing about people doing it. But i dont know how i could hide one.

threewheelin-feelin
08-31-2005, 01:15 PM
its $2.75 here at some places....im looking for the $3.00 mark here in the next day or two. man its getting hard trying to feed the 4x4 350 V8 silverado :cry:

bigredhead
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
http://toccionline.kizash.com/films/1001/178/

Just got this on e-mail... hilarious !!

atckowalski
08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Oh now it is $3.40 and I cant afford to pay it. Flat out , out of work,Thanks! Mr. President.Yesterday it was 2.67 .$1.10 higher than it usually is, for a grand total of $1.83 higher than it should be. And that is for 1 *** gallon which lasts 14 minutes on the highway. Is there still anyone who is for this????420mark???? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Or am I still a whinning crack smoking democrat?

EZ in NZ
08-31-2005, 02:58 PM
It's global Man. The whole planet is paying crazy prices. The oil barons have got us by the nuts now! We're all so dependant on the stuff that we pay or go without. Oil moguls and families are the only ones making good on this world problem. Of course, the fact that your president is also part of that community is a fact not lost on most people too.

Whatever happened to those flying cars that run on vege oil? LOL

OldSchoolin86
08-31-2005, 04:09 PM
That gallon last me about 8-10 minutes on the road and yes, I really don't care to whine about it. We've know the $3+ mark has been coming for a couple years. It's not anybodys fualt, it's just that we were over due.

It was $2.89 this morning and it's $3.09 now. I bet we hit $3.49 yet this year.

TimSr
08-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Hmmm, lets see...... Where does the US get most of the 40% its oil that does NOT come from the Middle East? Gee, uhh, that would be the Gulf of Mexico. What just happened to the Gulf of Mexico? Some kind of rainstorm from what I hear, that might cause minor inconveniences. But then, Bush caused this hurricane by not signing some idotic global warming treaty. Why do we depend so heavily on oil from the Gulf of Mexico? Must have something to do with the fact that we arent allowed to drill for it on the Atlantic coast, off the Florida Coast, on the Pacific Coastline, or in Alaska, and even if we do get it, we have no refinery capacity since our last oil refinery was built in 1976, and we are not allowed to build new ones. Im sure this too, is Bush's fault.

Yes, atckowalski, you are a genius. If only we had elected the democrat, we would be bound by the Kioto Treaty while the rest of the world is not, which would surely have put an instant halt to global warming and prevented the hurricane that shut down the Gulf Region, and 90% of our domestic oil production. We also would have oil rigs pumping crude oil from Alaska so that we would not have to go begging the Arabs for relief. We know how hard your democrats have fought to increased domestic drilling and production, and we how they have clammered to bring new refineries into their states. It was Bush who purposely heated up the entire world in six years, and caused a hurricane to wipe out domestic production, and it was Bush who fought against drilling in Alaska, and fought against new oil refineries for his "oil buddies", and to tell you the truth, I think I saw Bush up on a ladder at the local Citgo station raising the price.

If you really think the best way to solve our gasoline problems in this country is to sock it to "big oil companies" by restricting their ability to produce it, and electing representatives who oppose US production and refining of oil, then keep on voting democrat. It was your guy who proposed an additional .50 per gallon gas tax to "encourage conservation" while flying around on his private jet because his solution to our gas problems is that Americans need to use less, so I guess his policy is now in effect after all.

Intelligent solution? Why not drill American oil, process it in new American refineries, get rid of county by county additive blend requirements, and get rid of the 70 cents per gallon in taxes on it? Then we wouldnt have these problems every time the Gulf has bad weather or an Arab gets a hangnail.

Kintore
08-31-2005, 04:34 PM
http://toccionline.kizash.com/films/1001/178/

Just got this on e-mail... hilarious !!

Best Video ever! I love it. My Pumps just hit 1.07 a litre now! Ah

Maine_Triker
08-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Hmmm, lets see...... Where does the US get most of the 40% its oil that does NOT come from the Middle East? Gee, uhh, that would be the Gulf of Mexico. What just happened to the Gulf of Mexico? Some kind of rainstorm from what I hear, that might cause minor inconveniences. But then, Bush caused this hurricane by not signing some idotic global warming treaty. Why do we depend so heavily on oil from the Gulf of Mexico? Must have something to do with the fact that we arent allowed to drill for it on the Atlantic coast, off the Florida Coast, on the Pacific Coastline, or in Alaska, and even if we do get it, we have no refinery capacity since our last oil refinery was built in 1976, and we are not allowed to build new ones. Im sure this too, is Bush's fault.

Yes, atckowalski, you are a genius. If only we had elected the democrat, we would be bound by the Kioto Treaty while the rest of the world is not, which would surely have put an instant halt to global warming and prevented the hurricane that shut down the Gulf Region, and 90% of our domestic oil production. We also would have oil rigs pumping crude oil from Alaska so that we would not have to go begging the Arabs for relief. We know how hard your democrats have fought to increased domestic drilling and production, and we how they have clammered to bring new refineries into their states. It was Bush who purposely heated up the entire world in six years, and caused a hurricane to wipe out domestic production, and it was Bush who fought against drilling in Alaska, and fought against new oil refineries for his "oil buddies", and to tell you the truth, I think I saw Bush up on a ladder at the local Citgo station raising the price.

If you really think the best way to solve our gasoline problems in this country is to sock it to "big oil companies" by restricting their ability to produce it, and electing representatives who oppose US production and refining of oil, then keep on voting democrat. It was your guy who proposed an additional .50 per gallon gas tax to "encourage conservation" while flying around on his private jet because his solution to our gas problems is that Americans need to use less, so I guess his policy is now in effect after all.

Intelligent solution? Why not drill American oil, process it in new American refineries, get rid of county by county additive blend requirements, and get rid of the 70 cents per gallon in taxes on it? Then we wouldnt have these problems every time the Gulf has bad weather or an Arab gets a hangnail.
Well said my friend :beer

YAMAHA_Jim
08-31-2005, 06:01 PM
I knew this post was headed for the long road

Here's an option- Move to Iraq or Afghanistan and pay 15-20 cents a gallon. I'm sure real estate there is real cheap and jobs will be plentiful. Not to mention the vast amount of untamed riding area.
,,,,,,or stay here and deal with high gas prices.It affects everyone but life goes on.My main concern is where will it peak?and will the prices come back down to something reasonable?

bigredhead
08-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Another factor to look at is of course how much longer can the planet produce crude at the rate we consume it.

High gas prices will push us to develop alternate power sources, solar, wind, hydro, nuclear.. etc.... not much choice in the long run.

Right now.. gas is still way cheaper than alternate means of energy, once things level off, the cheapest methods will be the one of choice for everyone. Have you ever looked into solar panels and battery storage for your house ??? EXPENSIVE......

Tri-ZNate
08-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Have you ever looked into solar panels and battery storage for your house ??? EXPENSIVE......

We put panels on our house 14 years ago for hot water and back up power. Think how much it was then. :eek:

Aussieboy1
08-31-2005, 08:05 PM
we are paying in US terms about $4.50 per gal in NZ... So you guys are just catching up with us.....

markdb420
08-31-2005, 08:46 PM
EDIT: You know why - OldSchoolin86

What choice do you have the damn democrats and their enviromentalist whackos have tied the hands of our refiners, and oil producers.

Tim Sr hit the nail on the head, Bush is responsible for everything. LMFAO! Tim that was great!

Hurricanes usually go in a 40 year cycle and since that last batch of really bad ones ended in the 1960's we are due for some bad ones. So quit crying and get to work you have gas to purchase! LOL :D

markdb420
08-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Whoops, sorry. I forgot!

toyota200x
08-31-2005, 09:43 PM

I would like to say that Bush is still an idiot. I love liberals! :w00t: Why do we have so many big SUV's and 4x4 pickups in the US. I will love the day when auto companies quit making gas hogs. Europeans have the right idea by driving motorcycles and small cars. I love riding my bicycle and I am 22 years old. I ride my bike everywhere. I dread driving my car. Just remeber "Cars 'R' Coffins"
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/toyota200x/car1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/toyota200x/VoteRepublican.gif
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/toyota200x/onelesscar2.gif

"Give Peace a Chance" John Lennon

markdb420
08-31-2005, 09:54 PM
It is called "Freedom of Choice", but liberals have a hard time with that! Lets take away capitalism and have socialism (that is what the liberals really want), and we'd really see how bad it is. I am glad you are in our great country and can express your opinion. But those whiny losers that would take my guns, limit my choices, and like the loser trial lawyers that represent the scum that killed my brother are killing this country and helping drive us to mediocrity. Liberals are afraid of truth. They whine that we should be humane to the prison scum of this country and I for one would love to see more executions of criminals and see that their butts are eating bread and drinking water. Liberals are the "Blame America First" crowd and are trying to make things even and "fair"! They won't be happy until we are chucking spears at our food or better yet eating only veggies and living with ZERO modern conviences! They should all move to the Northern states and whacko California and leave the rest of us the hell alone! :w00t:

Tri-ZNate
08-31-2005, 10:35 PM
They should all move to the Northern states and whacko California and leave the rest of us the hell alone! :w00t:

**** THAT IDEA!!! Send 'em to Guam, then they will have 0 comodities. They come up here knockin on my door like a morman they are likely to get shot.

atckowalski
08-31-2005, 10:41 PM
Update; It has now hit $3.49 here in Michigan. Just before it did I saw on one pump said, $286.00 for 86.6 gallons :( I wonder who that sucker was :crazy: Just wait until winter and the price goes up just because it's cold out or something or it's snowing or whatever :p . :beer To a free tank of gas.That's what I got today :naughty:

nouseforaname90
08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Update; It has now hit $3.49 here in Michigan. Just before it did I saw on one pump said, $286.00 for 86.6 gallons

I know its not going to happen, but it would be awfully funny if gas dropped to like $2.50 tomorrow and that sucker was stuck with 86 gallons of gas worth $286 for $3.30 a gallon. Heheheh.

twgranger
08-31-2005, 10:57 PM
It is now $3.27 here. This is getting insane.

Howdy
09-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Gas at 7:00AM yesterday $2.69, at 8:00 AM it was $2.89, at noon it was $3.09. Then last night they said it's going up $.50 a gallon ( some time today ). They also said to expect $4 + by Monday. OUCH!!!! On top of this there are at least 10 gas stations within 30 miles that are completely out of fuel. They were told they may not get a load until Friday - Sunday.

There is good and bad in all of this. The good is this: With gas prices so high it will get more investors in alternative fuel ideas. It will also cause a lot of people to re think how they use fuel. To help out in times of HIGH fuel prices try Car pooling ( to work, to the groccery, to the store, ect ). We are doing this in out neighborhood. In fact my family has decided to change and or cancell most of our trips we had planned. We are going back to basic needs. We were planning to go riding atv's, but we have decided we will just go for a all day bike ride, take a walk to the park, play ball, ect. Bottom line is there IS things you can do that don't require gas / Fuel.

The bad in all of this is it's going to cause quite a strain on the economy ( IMO ). I know it is hurting us hard, but we can still do things as a family that don't require gas.
Howdy

OldSchoolin86
09-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Gas at 7:00AM yesterday $2.69, at 8:00 AM it was $2.89, at noon it was $3.09. Then last night they said it's going up $.50 a gallon ( some time today ). They also said to expect $4 + by Monday. OUCH!!!! On top of this there are at least 10 gas stations within 30 miles that are completely out of fuel. They were told they may not get a load until Friday - Sunday.

There is good and bad in all of this. The good is this: With gas prices so high it will get more investors in alternative fuel ideas. It will also cause a lot of people to re think how they use fuel. To help out in times of HIGH fuel prices try Car pooling ( to work, to the groccery, to the store, ect ). We are doing this in out neighborhood. In fact my family has decided to change and or cancell most of our trips we had planned. We are going back to basic needs. We were planning to go riding atv's, but we have decided we will just go for a all day bike ride, take a walk to the park, play ball, ect. Bottom line is there IS things you can do that don't require gas / Fuel.

The bad in all of this is it's going to cause quite a strain on the economy ( IMO ). I know it is hurting us hard, but we can still do things as a family that don't require gas.
Howdy
Well said Howdy! This is why foreign countries have so many small cars and motorcycles. Car pooling, mass transit and simply shutting off your engine when waiting is far more common practice in other parts of the world then they are here. As you said there should be some good coming out of all this. The bad part is that economically we'll all be feeling it through the "pass it on" practice. For example, it now cost me more to drive my service truck so when I go on a service call I will be charging a little more to cover the difference.

ejc042
09-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Atleast you still have gas at the pumps. Half of the stations where I live have no gas left in their tanks, and the others think they may run out today. Damn Katrina. The local rumor is that our supply has been interrupted and when we are out it could be up to 10 days before we get more gas. So much for going to work if I don't have any gas. Either that or the 3 wheeler gets all the gas and see if the cops will let me ride that to work. Gets better mileage than my trucks.

Kintore
09-01-2005, 08:10 AM
You are so right ejec42, Took my sister to work on my 3wheeler today on the 200. I said to my mom that thing gets great mileage! alll I do is take the back roads to her work. But now the priced here ar now at like 125.6 in the morning or at 106 in the afternoon. Hint Hint- Gas prices are always cheaper around here in the night than the morning well at least here.

TimSr
09-01-2005, 05:08 PM
They won't be happy until we are chucking spears at our food

What are we going to chuck them at? We arent allowed to kill animals. Trees? Oops, forgot, we arent allowed to kill any of them either!

I think the best good that will come of this is maybe America will wake up and heed the warnings that our refining capabilities are being run at full capactity, so any interruption will cause major problems. It hit us hard a couple years ago in the midwest due to refinerey problems. Nobody believed it. "It must be "big oil" ripping us off." The problem was never seriously addressed. Ill be happy to have them build one in MY back yard. This is real. We have a serious interruption with supply. Its not some scheme cooked up by oil companies to gouge consumers. If we prosecute all the gougers, and take all profits from gas stations, we still have a supply problem that will not be solved. Our economy is growing. We use more fuel every year. Conservation is great, but it wont solve the problem, only slow the growth of the problem. We need to produce more gasoline in this country, and we need more sources so we are not screwed every time there is a problem with one of them.

redneck250es
09-01-2005, 07:05 PM
129.9 a litre here in Nova Scotia as of noon time. :cry:

OldSchoolin86
09-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I filled everything I have up at 2.99 a gallon and an hour later when I went to town it was 3.30.

tri-z_250R
09-01-2005, 07:42 PM
about a week ago gas here was 2.47 a gallon and then yesterday it went up, to 2.99 then after school today it was at 3.17 across the street.

i miss the 1.00 a gallon gas :(

renotrikeguy
09-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Regular unleaded was $2.89 on my way to work, and $2.99 after work.. Some places in Reno are already in the $3.50 range.. Looks like my trikes and XR250R will be getting a full tank of gas each.

I agree, it would be cheaper to pay the ticket for riding a trike on the roads than to drive my truck.

hrc85250r
09-01-2005, 08:19 PM
3.15 last night, 3.39 this morning....you diesel guys are lucky,lol 3.05.....costs me 60.00$ to fill up my 02' grand prix....

mbg75
09-01-2005, 11:17 PM
as of 10 pm tonight $3.59 for 87, $3.79 for 92. this is ridiculous.

KASEY
09-02-2005, 12:56 AM
$2.83 on the way to work!!! $3.05 after,,, several stations were out of gas tonight,,, everyone is filling up,,,, talk about a profit they are selling gas produced weeks ago for way less money at a preimium price today!!!!

heres my salute to big OIL!!
http://www.freewebs.com/si-c-k/middle_finger.jpg

MTS
09-02-2005, 01:13 AM
we are at a buck a liter here and some place's 1.15, alberta has the chepest gas atm i think...cause we got rigs comin out our ying yang's LOL

hondatrikesrule22
09-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Gas will run you $3.00-$3.50 around here in Houston.

TeamGeek6
09-02-2005, 12:03 PM
What are we going to chuck them at? We arent allowed to kill animals. Trees? Oops, forgot, we arent allowed to kill any of them either!

I think the best good that will come of this is maybe America will wake up and heed the warnings that our refining capabilities are being run at full capactity, so any interruption will cause major problems. It hit us hard a couple years ago in the midwest due to refinerey problems. Nobody believed it. "It must be "big oil" ripping us off." The problem was never seriously addressed. Ill be happy to have them build one in MY back yard. This is real. We have a serious interruption with supply. Its not some scheme cooked up by oil companies to gouge consumers..

Ain't nothin' tastier than Spotted Owl soup - can I get an AMEN???

So if we run short on food, can we eat Environmentalists?

Fuel shortages have just hit NW Ohio, people are running at gas pumps. I expect to see stations closed by Monday. Heard that a local refinery cut off a distributor because he had reached his limit.

Time for ETHANOL. There are distilleries being built, and now that theres no way to ship CORN to overseas markets (down with world trade!!!!!) we can put it to use making renewable fuel.

The market price of corn just went through the floor ($ 1.30 - ish per bushel), and theres a serious problem coming because the elevators cant take in what the farmers are about to harvest, and many farmers cannot store much on the farm. (wifes folks are grain farmers in Iowa). This might get real serious this winter.
It might rot in the fields.

If you all want to do something useful, contact your State legislators about building ethanol plants, theyre doing it in Iowa and the Mid West, theres a large, high capacity plant going in N.C. Ohio soon.

Ethanol is about $1.25 a gallon to produce. Works for me!

Then if the car breaks down along the road, just pull out the mixers and have a party!! :beer

AND - isnt it amazing we can take in millions of illegal aliens from Mexico, but damn if we know how to provide for 200,000 refugees from New Orleans. WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???????

Billy Golightly
09-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Ain't nothin' tastier than Spotted Owl soup - can I get an AMEN???

So if we run short on food, can we eat Environmentalists?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Geek, I know we dont exactly see eye to eye, but after reading that I've almost decided your an OK guy. Anyone who doesn't take **** from the enviro-maniacs is my friend. :D

markdb420
09-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Gas seems to have leveled off at $2.89-$3.09 for regular unleaded. Diesel is at $2.65 and that is up from $2.45 8/29. Off road farm diesel is at $2.19 or so at the pump so guess what is going in the old Powerstroke? Diesel shouldn't be affected by these disruptions as it is refined elsewhere and doesn't go through the affected pipeline! Sure makes diesel truck owners look fairly wise now! :naughty:

slothminx
09-02-2005, 12:35 PM
well it looks like were going to get less arguments on here. :lol: the world far overuled there are too many laws. its starting to feel like i cannot have any fun or do anything without breaking a law. i cannot go and hunt or anything like that over here and most people frown upon fishing. Gas prices, the only difference in the uk is that we havent had the build up of the prices like you have for us it has been exspensive for a long time and its not the actual cost of the petrol. 50% of the money i hand over at the petrol station is tax. i can get the boat 30 miles to gernsey and by fuel that doesnt have the english fuel tax on it at 45 p A litre!! it really is rediculous the amount of taxation our country gets. but the problem is that between the tax going to the government and them coming back out to be spent on healthcare etc, it miraculously dissapears.

will

ATC crazy
09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Last week - $2.30
Wednesday (8/31) night - $2.79
Thursday (9/1) morning - $2.99
Thursday night - $3.19
Today (9/2) - $3.29

= Bullshit!

86250RZ
09-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, I for one am not going to cry and wine like the rest you over the price of gas. I live in West Monroe, LA and all our shelters & churches are full of people from down south. Most of the ones we have here are the ones who were able to afford the trip up here. Many of these people had very good jobs & houses in NewOrleans, now they have NOTHING. Some have no idea were thier brothers,fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles ect, ect. are located at now. I have met many of these people already and when you look into thier eyes you can feel the pain they are in and its really hard to handle without tearing up. I have donated money to the Red Cross and will be at the shelter this weekend giving out food to these poor unfortunate people. Next time when your at the pump and want to complain about gas, think about all the thousands upon thousands of good people who are now left with nothing and then you might understand why the gas prices mean little to me at the moment. May God help them all.

Lomax
09-02-2005, 03:00 PM
I filled up my truck and 2 5 gallon tanks last night for 279 a gallon and this moring it was 3 bucks a gallon. I am just going to stop driving all together lol

cliff2302
09-02-2005, 08:43 PM
well, IMO, i think its about time we start looking at new technologies, or old ones that are more releveant now. In the '30 when Germany was gearing up for WWII, Hitler knew he would have his oil supply cut off. About the same time, a german chemist descovered how to make petroleum products from coal. To keep it short, it was much more expensive to refine coal than get oil, and the plants never reached full capacity. The Allies won, and this tech was found by them. Fast forward 70 years. Oil prices are now at record highs. The same technology that was more expensive than oil in the '30s is now dollars cheaper per gallon. Plus, the diesel that is synthesized has NO particulate matter in it. It is a higher quality and burns cleaner, with no modifications neccessary to your diesel motor. I'm not to sure about the synthesized gasoline, but i have to imagine that it is cheaper and cleaner than petroleum gasoline. So, instead of flogging a dead horse, why don't we start implementing new coal synthesis factories. (note: the Midwest is very coal rich) Seems to me that we should research this more and start eliminating our need for the middle east. There is an article about this in the new TDR magazine, i could prolly dig it out if anybody wants more info.

Tri-ZNate
09-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Pennsylvannia alone has enough coal that it was said we could provide the US with 100-200 years of it.

Russell 350X
09-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Last night downtown it was 3.59 gal. It jumped from 2.48 to 2.98 overnight on the rez, thats not taxed gas!! It was 3.37 on the rez last night, 30$ didnt even put my car to
3/4 tank!! I think I might just start riding the Big Red everywhere. Freakin outragous.

Russ

slothminx
09-03-2005, 12:18 PM
you may or may not be surprised to hear it fuel over here has gone up in price. its now crippling just to fill a fuel can up :( the prices have to stop going up:(

Blown 331
09-03-2005, 12:33 PM
It still doesn't bother me at all. At $2 per gallon in my 10 mpg Bronco I was spending $600 per month in gas. Now it's at $3 per gallon and I have a Contour that gets 32 mpg. So now I'm spending $300 per month. Gas goes up and I save $300 per month! I also have a motorcycle that gets 60 miles per gallon. It's gonna have to get up to $6 per gallon before I'm spending as much on fuel as I was used to.
My budding and I are going riding all day tomorrow on our dual sport bikes. We put over 300 miles on them last Sunday and will probably do the same tomorrow. And IL doesn't have a helmet law so we ride with out them. :eek: Just had to throw that in there. Needs helmets to cross into Missouri though.
$3.09 in St. Louis this morning. Last time I filled up it was $2.42, I get 400 miles on a tank.

hiltu
09-03-2005, 12:42 PM
im paying $3.39 in michigan

TeamGeek6
09-03-2005, 09:14 PM
hint, hint - its AMAZING whats lying around the house that can be burnt as fuel in an engine. Ran the ol R on kerosene and gas Friday at $2.75 / gallon total cost.

Country folk can survive. HANK!

Just watch out if anyone in the *.S. plans to run un-dyed (off road) diesel on highway, the (expletive deleted) Feds can rip you a $10,000 fine if they catch you with off road fuel on the highway. They like to shaft the farmers on that one. The highway diesel is colored with a special red dye that shows it was taxed fuel. Non-taxed fuel is clear. hint hint...

slothminx
09-03-2005, 09:25 PM
thats odd teamgeek its the opposite way round for us . untaxed red, taxed clear.

markdb420
09-03-2005, 09:36 PM
I heard the other day that Bush had dropped the fed excise tax on on road diesel until November to help truckers and anyone that drives a diesel vehicle!

freewheel3
09-03-2005, 09:37 PM
thats odd teamgeek its the opposite way round for us . untaxed red, taxed clear.
Same thing here.

OldSchoolin86
09-03-2005, 09:41 PM
hint, hint - its AMAZING whats lying around the house that can be burnt as fuel in an engine. Ran the ol R on kerosene and gas Friday at $2.75 / gallon total cost.

Country folk can survive. HANK!

Just watch out if anyone in the *.S. plans to run un-dyed (off road) diesel on highway, the (expletive deleted) Feds can rip you a $10,000 fine if they catch you with off road fuel on the highway. They like to shaft the farmers on that one. The highway diesel is colored with a special red dye that shows it was taxed fuel. Non-taxed fuel is clear. hint hint...
LOL, better not try the kerosene with a shaved head, I accidentaly got some mixed in a can of premix and it didn't need spark to run. It got a little out of control.

Billy Golightly
09-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Onroad Diesel fuel is dyed green. Offroad (non taxed) diesel is dyed red. Thats not the only differences though, the sulfur content in each one varies also. And Yes, they will fine you in a heartbeat if they catch you. Here, they have fuel inspection stations on every major road that leaves the county that you have to stop at. They usually dont test you, they just wave you through but sometimes they do.

markdb420
09-03-2005, 10:38 PM
They check pickup trucks? THey don't do that in Virginia. Dump trucks and big diesel trucks they stop and check all the time!

Billy Golightly
09-03-2005, 10:47 PM
They check pickup trucks? THey don't do that in Virginia. Dump trucks and big diesel trucks they stop and check all the time!

Yup, sure do. Infact a couple years ago (Not here though, down in south florida) my dad was on the way to work and happened to stop and talk to someone else who told him they were stopping everyone on the road about a block up and checking. Its a good thing he found that out before he got there cause he was running "Kool-Aid" :lol:

firefirefire90
09-04-2005, 12:15 AM
slothminx, i was just reading about the things you said, and if i remember rightly you can go out and hunt. just has to be the right season. when im in england i go hunting feasent. i am not sure if this is the same in dorset, but there should be rally trails around your area. Plus what about sailing? I know that isnt frowned apon in england. 45p a liter? that is pretty outragous and to hear it keeps going up is insane. It has really become stupid. Same with here in america. where is all our tax money going towards, George Bush's weapons? I mean yeah there cool, but its down right retarted. I hope all the tax money right now is going towards the relief efforts in LA and around that area....

slothminx
09-04-2005, 05:01 AM
Firefirefire90

Yes hunting pheasants is allowed when they are in season but its mostly old rich people who can afford to pay the huge prices you have to, to be allowed to hunt.

Rally trails, well i havent found them yet and a I personally think they use land that is illegal for us to ride on, that is a no goer

And about sailing i really dont know where you got that from but just to answer your question yes sailing is perfectly fine here there are no problems.

45p a liter i wish!!!, this morning when i checked we have reached 95 p a liter, and 98p for diesel. I wouldnt be surprised if we reached £1 a liter in the next couple of weeks. that honestly is rediculous we cannot afford $7 a gallon :(

filled up our toyota and nearly fell over when we had to shell out $125 :cry:

will

firefirefire90
09-04-2005, 05:33 AM
oooo, well i guess my uncle is that old rich person, We had rally cars a while back near Cornwall area, hopefully they're not gone but seeing how expensive cornwall has become. I got sailing because a lot of my family back there do it. I think you're also sort of correct. Rally racing in England is sort of like street drags her in the states. What toyota do you have? We used to have a landcruiser but then sold her due to the diesel prices. :mad: I think we only have a Nissan something and the BMW...its dumb how these prices are becoming.

slothminx
09-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Firefirefire90 sorry about the old rich person comment please dont be offended by it. We have a camry. they may me VERY common in the US but over here you might see another once every 2-3 weeks. its considered being a 3.0 to be a gas guzzling car :D nothing compared to the 7.0 beasts in america. yes im sure there are places that rally cars can go but for me to turn up and ride at these places would be illegal as when the rally's are going on the land owners are paid $$

will

slothminx
09-15-2005, 05:35 PM
well i thought i would add an update to this now. We have got fuel strikes over here. there is no fuel to buy in the petrol station. All out, went past 6 different ones all were closed. there was a delivery this morning to the local petrol station, Sold out within 25 minits. And this was at $9 a gallon. we have high fuel prices, but just to rub it in, but no fuel to buy

Tri-ZNate
09-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Gas prices this morning were $2.87. This after noon they were $2.77. :w00t: Now we are heading in the right direction!

twgranger
09-15-2005, 05:56 PM
The gas here went down over 30 cents yesterday. about time!!

deathman53
09-15-2005, 07:35 PM
at some stations by me they went down 40 cents, I've finally seen prices under $3, something I haven't seen in 3 weeks.

eh_tee_see
09-16-2005, 03:03 AM
my gas is 5.00 a gallon. I don't mind. I'll work harder. I'll pitch in some extra hours at NAPA. And seriously. Those poor people from all over the South have way bigger problems than me having to pay an extra 20 bucks to fuel my bikes.

toyvette81
09-19-2005, 02:21 PM
they could take 2.50 off the price and still make money lol 3 years ago it was 1.00 here and trust me they werent dying....
gas is 5 cents overseas

Tri-ZNate
09-19-2005, 02:36 PM
I'd start getting gas now because tropical storm Rita is expected to turn into a hurricane and hit texas or louisiana again.

motorola79
03-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Her in Uruguay a gallon costs $4.55
Enjoy your cheap oil!!!!!

PowerTrike
03-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Jumped from $2.22 to $2.40 reg. here recently. E85: $1.99. Sounds a lot better than the rest of the states... My 8mpg pickup is killing me, but I'll just keep b****in' and filling er up. I'm not blaming anyone but IMHO the whole oil situation in the US could be handled much differently, benefiting a lot of people. Much stricter regulations should be placed on price fluctuations and unnessesary jumps. I recently did a 15 page report on Transportaion Energy, looking at gas, diesel and alternative forms. Petrolium fuels are still definatly the cheapest useable form of energy available today by far but a few alternative forms of gas such as ethanol are close behind. Already MN is going to require a 10% blend of ethanol into regular gas (sucks) I worry about major changes down the road that could affect my career choice of Auto Mechanic...

I think the government should be looking more at domestic sourses of gas if this trend is going to continue. As stated above, there is enough coal and oil in the US to last us hundreds of years. There is enough oil worldwide to last us for a long long time. Most of it is just hard to get at.

my $0.02

cliff2302
03-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Did you look at bio fuel? I finally got my first cummins and on the TDR website members say that they have biofuel at pumps. They said sometimes its cheaper and sometimes its more expensive. This is actual refined stuff, not backyard home brew. My friends and my brother are going to start using waste veggitable oil this summer, it looks pretty promising.

RedRider_AK
03-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Up in Nome Alaska it's 3.79 a gallon! It cost me and a buddy 50 bucks to fill up 2 sleds! It's crazy.

ride_red_95
03-09-2006, 07:36 PM
i't around 2.17 here

nouseforaname90
03-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Until a few weeks ago, it was as high as $2.60 or so here.. then last week it plummeted to $2.11. It was $2.11 for about a week or so until it mysteriously jumped back to around $2.28.

crackshot
03-09-2006, 09:01 PM
The oil industry and shareholders reprted a profit last quarter of 85% churn.
Thats lining a lot of big wigs pockets.
Crude oil is at 65 a barrel. They charge you 2 to 3 bucks a gallon. At that rate, the same barrel of sweet crude should be 100 bucks.
It's all a sham and they know it but what are you going to do?
Cannot do anything but pay it or don't work and pay your bills.
Welcome to corporate control people.

PowerTrike
03-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Did you look at bio fuel? I finally got my first cummins and on the TDR website members say that they have biofuel at pumps. They said sometimes its cheaper and sometimes its more expensive. This is actual refined stuff, not backyard home brew. My friends and my brother are going to start using waste veggitable oil this summer, it looks pretty promising.

Actually I did. Biodiesel does look promising to the environment and as far as future availablitly goes. Right about now it looks to be priced very similar to regular diesel, sometimes a bit less from what I've seen. I was actually at a informational session in Alexandria, MN a few months back and was able to watch a big rig Cummins being dyno tested with regular diesel and again with a form of biodiesel. Both pulls showed hp and torque numbers that were similar, with biodiesel being somewhat less in the power dept. I don't remember what they figured the mpg difference would be, if any.

cliff2302
03-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Thats about the same thing i've found from my research. I'll let you know how we make out once we get set up and start running it.

ATC crazy
03-11-2006, 08:10 PM
For a long time, gas was hovering right around $1.90 for regular. Now, its back up to $2.23.

Sucks, 'cause my truck dont like regular. I gotta get the mid-grade...

Nick_R_23
05-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Wow, I came across this thread again doing a search, and now it makes me want to cry....almost 4.00/gal here and 5.25 for AVgas. :crazy: I wish it was still 2.xx$ a gal.......

-Nick :TrikesOwn

tecat-z
05-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Yep, right around $4.00 here as well. Things are beginning to look a bit scarry in our county. With fuel prices being the most noticible from day to day. Our state tax just went from 6 to 7%, and the toll road fees basically doubled on the same day a month or so ago. It's getting bad.

clutchcargo
05-11-2008, 08:09 AM
We're at just about $4.00 a gallon for regular also by Chicago. I've heard a lot of bad things about Bio Diesel. I've heard it eats up coatings on parts and such. It gels up faster in the winter and clogs fuels filters too. I'm in the truck industry and I wouldn't run it unless I had to.

Tri-ZNate
05-11-2008, 09:05 AM
We're at just about $4.00 a gallon for regular also by Chicago. I've heard a lot of bad things about Bio Diesel. I've heard it eats up coatings on parts and such. It gels up faster in the winter and clogs fuels filters too. I'm in the truck industry and I wouldn't run it unless I had to.

Bio will clean contaminates out of your tank that got there from diesel, thus 1 or 2 initial clogged filters. I have had 2 plug on my truck because after 22 years with metal tanks there is stuff that cleaned itself out.

It will eat rubber lines, but not Viton rubber lines which are on most newer trucks. Mine's an '86 with the original return lines and after 124,000 miles I finally swapped them out since they were lookin a little touched.

B70 (70% Bio and 30% Kero) will get the gel point down to -2 reliably.

Bio also wont separate out of diesel, unless the bio gets low enough that it will gel.

I dont understand the fear associated with it. Simply B2 will restore all lubrication lost in the new ULSD process. I cant get enough of that stuff

Mrs.Mosh
05-11-2008, 09:14 AM
They say that,Since Bush took office,fuel prices have jumped 200%

The sad thing is,I doubt any of our paychecks have even jumped half of that.WTF?

69HemiGTX
05-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I know I haven't chimed in here for a while, but here's my take on the situation. Forgive me if I ramble, but I just worked 18 hours.

Hurricanes Katrina and Rita exposed a weakness the American public were completely unaware of before they hit - the US refineries were running at near peak production for years and only needed one major event to cripple the entire country. Instead of one, we got two. Who is to blame for this? Not George Bush or the oil companies, but the Democrats, the EPA, and all of the other evironazi wackos out there that have tied the hands of the oil industry since the mid 1970s. No new refineries in nearly thirty years, no updates to the distribution network in just as long, and no exploration or drilling in Alaska or on the Atlantic coastline. Why? Because they are afraid some poor defenseless animal or blade of grass might be killed in the process. Oh no, we might spill a little oil on the ground. Where does the oil come from, moron? THE GROUND!!! As I always say, environmentalism is terrorism.

Another major factor is the rise of industry and vehicle demand in both China and India. No one ever mentions this on Commie News Network. Why? It's much easier to blame the president. Tata Motors in India is looking to provide cheap cars for nearly one million new drivers soon, and the Chinese are preparing for the same. The fact that they both are buying all the oil they can at insane prices only gives more reason for prices to stay high.

For diesel buyers like myself, the pain of filling up won't get any better for a long time. The worldwide demand for diesel cars and trucks has risen by nearly 75% by some estimates. What else leads to $4+ prices? Heavy industry uses oil for production of plastics and fuel oil for heating ovens and kilns (see above paragraph).

As if this wasn't enough, investors are doing the most damage by continuously investing in crude as they only see the value rising in the future. Any relatively bad news about supply or distribution will send shockwaves through the energy futures. If the dirkas want higher prices, they only have to hint at slowing production and they get what they want. If investors would see how over-valued crude is right now, they would get cold feet and sell their shares, sparking a worldwide sell-off that would correct the value of crude. It's just the same as any other boom cycle in history. It will bust eventually; they all do. Hell, tulip bulbs were selling for outrageous prices in the early 1600s in the Netherlands. Read "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" to get a feel for it. Remember Beanie Babies and Cabbage Patch dolls? It's all too relevant. Crude oil is the current tulip bulb of the investment world.

And why do the dirkas have such heavy influence? Because the mainstream media leads you to believe that they have all the oil. The truth is that they have a lot, but they only supply about 40% of the world's energy. While still a lot, it's not where the majority comes from. Most of our oil imports come from Canada, Mexico, and South America. As of 2004, OPEC was only producing about 32 million barrels a day, roughly the same as their 1979 peak production. Non-OPEC countries have steadily increased production since 1970 to their 2004 rate of nearly 48 million barrels per day.

What doesn't make sense is the fact that there isn't a shortage of oil on the markets. There is plenty to satisfy the demands of worldwide customers. It's not like there is a complete sell-out every day. What is requested is allotted, but there is still oil in the hole the next day. We're not sucking the world dry, but investors are acting like we will suddenly see sand come out the wells any day and that will be the end of it. Mark my words: We are not running out of oil, and we won't any time in the near or distant future. Hysteria is what leads to high oil prices, and we are smack dab in the middle of oil hysteria right now.

Of course, when you have fatheaded idiots like Michael Moore and the like regurgitating the lie that we will run out of oil soon, the price will only climb higher. Wanna know something interesting? In the 1950s, the Soviet Union conducted numerous research projects to finally discover the origin of oil. What did they find? Unlike the theory that oil comes from decaying plant and animal matter, a theory that originated over 250 years ago by Russian scientist Mikhail Lomonosov, they actually found that oil is a natural by-product of deep earth processes. Think of the technology that was available to him in 1757. Do you really think he was that accurate? I sure don't. Want to do your own research? Look up the abiotic or abiogenic theory of oil origin. It's an interesting read and is a lot more beleiveable than the old theory that we are digging up dinosaurs for "fossil fuels." Why don't we ever hear about this? For one, the theory originated under Joseph Stalin's USSR, and we weren't very fond of the commies back then (in case you didn't know). Also, why would anyone involved in the oil business want you to know that there is a significantly larger supply of oil than you have been led to believe all these years? If you think we're running out of oil, you'll be much more likely to pay outrageous prices than if you didn't. I'm not bashing oil companies, I'm just stating the obvious. As an example, think of it this way: The Middle East has a pool of an estimated 660 billion barrels of oil. That's 36,300,000,000,000 gallons of crude oil. Thirty-six trillion, three-hundred billion gallons of crude oil! Let's be generous and say one dinosaur nets you five barrels of crude (275 gallons). That would take 132 BILLION dinosaurs to equal the reserves! 132 billion?! There are six billion people on the earth today, and we're crowded. Imagine 132 billion dinosaurs. Now imagine they are all in the Middle East. Come on, people, it doesn't take a genious to see how stupid this "fossil fuel" theory really is. Remember, it's 251 years old! Nevermind the fact that 90% of all dead animals are eaten by scavengers and insects, so only 10% returns to the soil. And what about the density of oil versus water? Are you going to tell me that oil somehow migrated through the water table and wound up underneath it? Thousands of feet beneath it? What about bedrock? Can oil pass through rock? None of these are likely, and none make any sense if you actually think about them.

tecat-z
05-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Great read GTX. Lots of great info, and reasons why.......THEY don't want or never will tell us the truth. And yes, India and China should be our greatest fear. We're providing them with lots of money. Think of what we buy, thats made there. Money into their economy, not ours.

Billy Golightly
05-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I know I haven't chimed in here for a while, but here's my take on the situation. Forgive me if I ramble, but I just worked 18 hours.

Hurricanes Katrina and Rita exposed a weakness the American public were completely unaware of before they hit - the US refineries were running at near peak production for years and only needed one major event to cripple the entire country. Instead of one, we got two. Who is to blame for this? Not George Bush or the oil companies, but the Democrats, the EPA, and all of the other evironazi wackos out there that have tied the hands of the oil industry since the mid 1970s. No new refineries in nearly thirty years, no updates to the distribution network in just as long, and no exploration or drilling in Alaska or on the Atlantic coastline. Why? Because they are afraid some poor defenseless animal or blade of grass might be killed in the process. Oh no, we might spill a little oil on the ground. Where does the oil come from, moron? THE GROUND!!! As I always say, environmentalism is terrorism.

Another major factor is the rise of industry and vehicle demand in both China and India. No one ever mentions this on Commie News Network. Why? It's much easier to blame the president. Tata Motors in India is looking to provide cheap cars for nearly one million new drivers soon, and the Chinese are preparing for the same. The fact that they both are buying all the oil they can at insane prices only gives more reason for prices to stay high.

For diesel buyers like myself, the pain of filling up won't get any better for a long time. The worldwide demand for diesel cars and trucks has risen by nearly 75% by some estimates. What else leads to $4+ prices? Heavy industry uses oil for production of plastics and fuel oil for heating ovens and kilns (see above paragraph).

As if this wasn't enough, investors are doing the most damage by continuously investing in crude as they only see the value rising in the future. Any relatively bad news about supply or distribution will send shockwaves through the energy futures. If the dirkas want higher prices, they only have to hint at slowing production and they get what they want. If investors would see how over-valued crude is right now, they would get cold feet and sell their shares, sparking a worldwide sell-off that would correct the value of crude. It's just the same as any other boom cycle in history. It will bust eventually; they all do. Hell, tulip bulbs were selling for outrageous prices in the early 1600s in the Netherlands. Read "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" to get a feel for it. Remember Beanie Babies and Cabbage Patch dolls? It's all too relevant. Crude oil is the current tulip bulb of the investment world.

And why do the dirkas have such heavy influence? Because the mainstream media leads you to believe that they have all the oil. The truth is that they have a lot, but they only supply about 40% of the world's energy. While still a lot, it's not where the majority comes from. Most of our oil imports come from Canada, Mexico, and South America. As of 2004, OPEC was only producing about 32 million barrels a day, roughly the same as their 1979 peak production. Non-OPEC countries have steadily increased production since 1970 to their 2004 rate of nearly 48 million barrels per day.

What doesn't make sense is the fact that there isn't a shortage of oil on the markets. There is plenty to satisfy the demands of worldwide customers. It's not like there is a complete sell-out every day. What is requested is allotted, but there is still oil in the hole the next day. We're not sucking the world dry, but investors are acting like we will suddenly see sand come out the wells any day and that will be the end of it. Mark my words: We are not running out of oil, and we won't any time in the near or distant future. Hysteria is what leads to high oil prices, and we are smack dab in the middle of oil hysteria right now.

Of course, when you have fatheaded idiots like Michael Moore and the like regurgitating the lie that we will run out of oil soon, the price will only climb higher. Wanna know something interesting? In the 1950s, the Soviet Union conducted numerous research projects to finally discover the origin of oil. What did they find? Unlike the theory that oil comes from decaying plant and animal matter, a theory that originated over 250 years ago by Russian scientist Mikhail Lomonosov, they actually found that oil is a natural by-product of deep earth processes. Think of the technology that was available to him in 1757. Do you really think he was that accurate? I sure don't. Want to do your own research? Look up the abiotic or abiogenic theory of oil origin. It's an interesting read and is a lot more beleiveable than the old theory that we are digging up dinosaurs for "fossil fuels." Why don't we ever hear about this? For one, the theory originated under Joseph Stalin's USSR, and we weren't very fond of the commies back then (in case you didn't know). Also, why would anyone involved in the oil business want you to know that there is a significantly larger supply of oil than you have been led to believe all these years? If you think we're running out of oil, you'll be much more likely to pay outrageous prices than if you didn't. I'm not bashing oil companies, I'm just stating the obvious. As an example, think of it this way: The Middle East has a pool of an estimated 660 billion barrels of oil. That's 36,300,000,000,000 gallons of crude oil. Thirty-six trillion, three-hundred billion gallons of crude oil! Let's be generous and say one dinosaur nets you five barrels of crude (275 gallons). That would take 132 BILLION dinosaurs to equal the reserves! 132 billion?! There are six billion people on the earth today, and we're crowded. Imagine 132 billion dinosaurs. Now imagine they are all in the Middle East. Come on, people, it doesn't take a genious to see how stupid this "fossil fuel" theory really is. Remember, it's 251 years old! Nevermind the fact that 90% of all dead animals are eaten by scavengers and insects, so only 10% returns to the soil. And what about the density of oil versus water? Are you going to tell me that oil somehow migrated through the water table and wound up underneath it? Thousands of feet beneath it? What about bedrock? Can oil pass through rock? None of these are likely, and none make any sense if you actually think about them.

Always educational and informed posts by you 69HemiGTX. Couldn't agree with any of it more myself. I love the "environmentalists are terrorists" line :lol: I'm gonna have to start using that one myself.

tecat-z
05-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, today gas prices rose to $4.05 for regular. It's getting pretty disturbing. Diesel, $4.62, and i'm afraid there's a long way to go.

mike from long island
05-13-2008, 07:03 PM
It is $4.09 and I think I saw diesel at $4.89???

69HemiGTX
05-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Another factor I overlooked in my novel was the value of the dollar. Our currency has fallen roughly 50% in the past four years. Crude is traded in US dollars worldwide, so that's a contributor to high energy costs. Until the dollar strengthens significantly, China and India slow down their demand, and oil producers increase production, we will be saddled with high oil prices for a while. Prices will come down in the future because all cycles return to normalcy after time. It won't happen overnight, but it will eventually. The world thought cheap oil was finished in 1973-1974, 1982, and 1991. But, just as recently as 2001, oil was trading as low as $17 per barrel. Thus began the "oil-hog cycle" once again. What else can be blamed for high oil prices? Cheap oil prices! Cheap oil leads to increased use and cuts in production to drive prices higher, exactly what has happened again. So the cycle continues. We're just at (or near) yet another apogee right now. A perigee is in the future, but how far in the future is anyone's guess.

Russell 350X
05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
It hit 3.94$/gal here in Cleveland this afternoon. Trikefest is gonna hurt my wallet more than I thought.

hublake
05-14-2008, 05:36 AM
It got to $4.00 here yesterday .

Bryan Raffa
05-14-2008, 06:13 AM
you guys think it's BAD now? Better get out and ride... because it's gonna keep going UP! $3.90 here......start filling up gas cans NOW!

My Boat has been in the Boat hoist...since I put it in the water:wondering

hublake
05-14-2008, 07:09 AM
It will probably be $5.00 by the 4th of July

Tri-ZNate
05-14-2008, 07:47 AM
you guys think it's BAD now? Better get out and ride... because it's gonna keep going UP! $3.90 here......start filling up gas cans NOW!

My Boat has been in the Boat hoist...since I put it in the water:wondering

300 gallons of 93 octane sitting outback of our garage, bought it when fuel was at $2.80/gal
Around 240 gallons of Methanol in our garage we bought when it was $2.53/gal
and roughly 400 gallons of Kerosene which when bought was $2.60

We'll see how long it all lasts

Tri-Z 250
05-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Congress has let this go on and on for the last 8yrs....hmmm think they want a Democrate in the front office? I hate to say this and by no means am I telling anyone to do this but: A hit on the top CEO's of the oil Co.'s would do more to drop the price of fuel than a vote. If pushed to more limits it's only a matter of time before one of these people find themselves in arms way. Our Goverment has always come up short when it comes to the middle working stiff class. Got no job...here's some $ and food plus free healthcare and 1/2 yer rent for housing(welfare=why go back to work program). Super wealthy...your lawyers find ways to bipass tax and cheat for pennies on the dollar. I got my stimulas credit back BFD $1500 (thats 10 tanks of gas for my truck) heck you could have given me $3000 and it doesn't come close to what my bills are up just because of fuel costs. You know I paid my taxes with that money here today gone yesterday.:rolleyes:

eastwind
05-14-2008, 12:51 PM
$570 a gallon up here.

oldskool83
05-14-2008, 01:11 PM
it goes up every day, if not every other. just another reason to sell my stuff off...save up for heating oil next year which ill be like $6 a gallon by then.

oldsking86
05-14-2008, 01:40 PM
My toys will be staying cleaner looks like haha can't afford to go just play around and ride anymore

johnny's X
05-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Trike Fest is going to be a budget trip for sure. Wanted to bring a few trikes but now we are only going to bring one a piece. We dont want to haul the inclosed trailer. 3.83 here today but Iam still going to go riding as much as I did before. Gotta still have fun and cut back on some other things.

The Goat
05-14-2008, 04:04 PM
um.....3.60?

trikes4life
05-14-2008, 06:02 PM
i'm paying 4.00 for regular in leroy

WLL
05-14-2008, 06:31 PM
$3.96 today tomorrow +????

honda250sx
05-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Gas 3.96. diesel 4.79. here in WNY

Dirtcrasher
05-14-2008, 06:53 PM
3.85 gas and 4.59 (edit) diesel in MASS today that I ran into.....

3Razors
05-14-2008, 07:30 PM
I'll tell ya what we should do. The US should just go over to Iran/Irac area and just TAKEOVER it! We would have all the gas at our disposal. If they want to fight let'em fight. Back in the more primitive times this was way. Survival of the fittest! I can dream can't I? lol

Tri-ZNate
05-14-2008, 07:33 PM
On the way to work fuel was
$3.79 regualar
$4.69 Diesel

Ryan.
05-14-2008, 07:34 PM
cost me 8$ just for 2 gallons of premium in my yz, and thats still not filled all the way!

jason85atc250r
05-14-2008, 11:09 PM
it's $3.65 for 83 octane around my neck of the woods

atctim
05-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Just hit $3.85 today - up from $3.75 just yesterday.

I say forget about taking over Iraq as mentioned above - lets stimulate our economy by drilling Alaska. Not only will gas come down in price, but it would create tons of jobs. And lets build some refineries down here in the lower 48 to create jobs too!

ATCTIM for President - feel free to write me in on your ballot.

Seriously - why can't US gasoline / diesel production start? Dang tree hugging idiots - they make me so mad. And they are the ones driving around in hummers.

eastwind
05-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Went up last evening, now at $ 5.88 gal of Reg.

Ryan.
05-15-2008, 01:37 PM
my theory for the gas price inflation is because the value of the dollar is going down, and it now cost more to buy oil over seas... we have plenty of oil out there so thats the only reason i can see

hublake
05-15-2008, 01:47 PM
This morning the CEO of Exon Mobil was on the Today Show on NBC and defending his companys 10.something billion profit for the first quarter of 2008.

tbirdscott
05-16-2008, 01:17 AM
my theory for the gas price inflation is because the value of the dollar is going down, and it now cost more to buy oil over seas... we have plenty of oil out there so thats the only reason i can see

Then explain us canadians paying more than the US for fuel. Regular here is up to $5.16 per gallon in US dollars.

Scott

The Goat
05-16-2008, 04:14 AM
did you see the thing where turkmenistein only pays 17 cents a gallon US...yeah, our economy is *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* up the worlds economy.

as gtx said, people keep investing in crude, raising the prices more and more, it's only a matter of time before the bottom falls out, at that point, you're gonna have some seriously hurting people...now is nothing.

mike from long island
05-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Then explain us canadians paying more than the US for fuel. Regular here is up to $5.16 per gallon in US dollars.

Scott

Dont they tax your fuels for medical purposes? At $1200 a month for my health insurance,I wouldnt mind paying the price gas has gotten to.I would save a grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same thing with cigarette and liquior too!!!!

God damnn insurance companies!!! Between Health,Two vehicles,and buisness.I shell out $2100 a month just to work,drive to work and incase I gewt hurt at work!!!

IT ALL SUXS!!!!!!!!!!!!

motorola79
05-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Uruguay must be in the Guiness World Records: 1 gallon --> 6.03 dollars here :crazy:

and going up.....!!!

nate b
05-16-2008, 10:34 PM
we should have taken over a middle east countr years ago. however it wouldnt help lower our gas prices, when the gas companies run this country. what about all the oil rigs you see capped off in Illinois and out west, hell theres enough oil in this country that we dont need to drill alaska or deal with the towel heads. And if we run out, theres probably more oil in mexico than the middle east, I'd rather see oil fields down there to create jobs so the little bastards don't have to jump the border anymore, and then just let the middle east starve to death and kill each other.
Instead of all these stupid kids shooting other poor kids at school, do something at the whitehouse or a major gas company headquarters, maybe if these peoples lives were on the line everyday I could justify them making this much money. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll hand out UZI's. I'm sorry, that would be bad

undeadanger
05-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Well $3.67 for gas here in Liberty Mississippi for regular unleaded . But what ya going to do put water in ya fuel tank ,,,

tecat-z
05-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Gas just want up to $4.09 today. The highest i've seen yet.:cry:

mike from long island
05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
It is at $4.25 right now for regular and $5.29 for diesel.

Billy Golightly
05-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Diesel isn't over 5 yet but Gas has been above 4 for about a week here, maybe a little more

Daddio
05-21-2008, 09:30 PM
It's $3.86 for unleaded right now but I expect them to gouge us a little for memorial day.

hublake
05-21-2008, 09:32 PM
It's $3.86 for unleaded right now but I expect them to gouge us a little for labor day.

Have you forgot about Memorial Day?

Daddio
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Have you forgot about Memorial Day?

Sorry for the brain fart,I guess since I have to work 6 days a week labor day just sort of slid out of the old noggin. I fixed it though.

threewheelin-feelin
05-22-2008, 12:06 AM
i paid 3.65 here...i dont know about yall but i cant wait for 4.00+ a gallon!!!:w00t:

travis712
05-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Cheapest I could find today was $3.65. At the two other pumps I checked it, was $3.82 and $3.85.

I average 19 mpg, so.. almost 20 cents a mile. 5 miles=$1. It should NOT be this way.

smokinwrench
05-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Diesel 4.62
unleaded 3.79

It has went up about .20 this week

400exguy
05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Just paid $4.39 here in San Francisco...thank god Im only here for work. Fear that I will be paying this back home soon as well:confused:

DixiePlowboy
05-29-2008, 08:22 PM
You all might as well get ready for $5, $6 per gallon, and beyond.

The oil companies are not the main reason for skyrocketing fuel prices....they're not even much of a factor. Speculators on Wall Street, the Fed, the IMF, The World Bank, U.S. Foreign policy, and the devaluation of the U.S. Dollar are the major causes.

Fact is, in the mid-'70s, the largest oil pool in the Western Hemisphere(and one of the largest in the world) was discovered on the North Slope of Alaska. It's size and quality was verified, and said to be large enough to make the U.S. energy independant for about 200 years! A recent study suggests that should oil be pumped from this well, that within a year our fuel prices would be somewhere around $1.50 per gallon.

Don't get excited though. It's existance was CLASSIFIED by the U.S. government within days of it's discovery, and no oil is flowing from it.(Seach: The Energy Non-Crisis on youtube.com)

Why? Then Sec. of State Henry Kissinger was given direction to negotiate a deal with oil producing middle eastern nations. We pledged to buy their oil IF they would trade in U.S. dollars, and IF they would purchase our national debt. They agreed....with the exception of two countries. Anyone wanna guess which ones?
Iran and Iraq.

Well, since then we have seen our dollar devaued through artificially induced inflation, and we have invaded two Arab nations for false reasons.

Now, Iran is threatening to flood the world with cheap oil, but is NOT going to trade in the U.S. dollar in an attempt to crash our economy overnight.......hence all the sabre rattling going on between Washington and Iran. We have warships in close proximity to theirs and their coast....poised to light off WWIII since Russia has vowed to stand with Iran.
Why would our government carry out such policies?

Are the (numerous)major policy errors and inconsistencies evidence of gross incompetence in high offices....or something much more sinister?

The rabbit hole goes very, very deep.....and fascism is alive and well. Right here, right now.

firehart
06-01-2008, 01:49 PM
You can't tell me that the war is not about oil. I say bring the kids home, build a wall around the whole place and let those ______ eat their oil.

staceyl200
06-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Boys !!! we are paying £1.30 a litre for diesel ,, do your maths ,I,ve bought a mountain bike to save money on fuel and I ride that to work . It cost me £77 to fill my truck on friday !!!!

factoryX
06-02-2008, 03:07 AM
Boys !!! we are paying £1.30 a litre for diesel ,, do your maths ,I,ve bought a mountain bike to save money on fuel and I ride that to work . It cost me £77 to fill my truck on friday !!!!

Thats like $200...

atcmatt
06-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Unleaded here is about 1.65 per litre and diesel is upto about 1.81 per litre. You guys have got it good. Trust me. Running a 5 litre over here is not a good thing to do. Especially on apprentice wages. Love my car though. GRRRR...

Matt

Nick_R_23
06-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Prices in AK as of yesterday:

Regular 87 - 4.21$/gal

Deisel - 4.79$/gal

AVgas 100LL - 5.25$/gal

Expected for Regular 87 to hit at least 8$/gal by end of the summer...but it was supposed to hit 5$/gal LAST summer so I highly doubt it. :rolleyes:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Bryan Raffa
06-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Flat Out Suck!!!!! There KILLIN US!:wondering

firehart
06-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I've thought about going down to DMV and seeing what it would take to legally ride one of the old trikes on the street. They ride golf carts with slow moving signs and handi-caped stickers. Why do they get special treatment?

threewheelin-feelin
06-04-2008, 12:14 AM
3.89 a gallon for 87 here...i shopped around and found it for 3.78 tho...

Jonpin
06-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Im paying 4.07 for mid grade and im supposed to use high test in my cadillac but i cant afford to and my car hates gas as it is and im sure there are ppl that get worse milage than i do but it still hurts "its a 94 deville if neone cares"