PDA

View Full Version : Before I go insane, please help me

HemiChallenger71
02-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Well My Honda Sl-100 bike is being a COMPLETE trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. It has strong spark, now that I set the point, and if I use starting fluid it fires right up, runs on the fluid, then stalls. The carb has a lot of fuel going to it, I absolutely cannot figure it out. I played with the idle and air/fuel screw, I'm not sure which is wich anyway. Still the same thing, tried choke, then no choke, no difference. Then I played with the screws some more and nothing. What is my problem, this thing is getting no fuel, with fuel going to the carb. The tank was bit dirty, I tried to clean it out as much as possible, and I installed a inline fuel filter. It's 1/4" fuel line too. Whats going on. The carb used to leak fuel, but now doesn't leak it. Is it possible that filter is so clogged, it blocked ALL fuel flow to the carb?????

J.D.
02-12-2003, 10:12 PM
well you said the carb has fuel coming to it from the line, right? if it does I'd say the filter clogged could be ruled out...

KASEY
02-13-2003, 03:21 AM
is there a drain on the float bowl? before you put a filter on there might be stuff already in the bowl or above the needle in the seat,,,,,,,,, best thing is to pull carb and give it a real good cleaning,,make sure that the jets are clean and open too,,,

HemiChallenger71
02-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Already did that because I bought it off ebay. The slide slides easily, but I'm going to take it apart and clean it again.

ATC crazy
02-13-2003, 08:45 PM
If it dosent work this time, I'd take it to a shop and have them go through it throughly.