PDA

View Full Version : replacement 200cc motor

brendan802
09-03-2005, 09:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LIFAN-200cc-ENGINE-w-ELECTRIC-FOR-HONDA-CRF-XR-XL-SL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQitemZ45720347 82QQrdZ1

These motors were said to fit any of the chain driven 200cc atc's. I think they look cheap as hell. What a joke. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing beats a true Honda motor.

firefirefire90
09-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Anyone ever own a honda CT90/ I think a 1972-74 version. Had the same exact wierd shifting system. I agree, nothing beats a true honda. the carb looks a little bit dainty as well.

brendan802
09-03-2005, 09:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I bet these motors would seize up before you could really pound it. I've pounded all of my Honda's (cars included) and they'd take it like no other. It says in the ad that Honda sold them the molds to make the motors. It also says that Honda's Patent ran out and then they decided to produce them. I would laugh my @ss off if I ever saw one in a act frame. :lol: :lol: :lol:

brendan802
09-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Thats a heel toe shifter. They make those for trikes too. I think they suck.

thefox
09-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Thats a heel toe shifter. They make those for trikes too. I think they suck.

I had one on my Kawi 110 (stock) and I liked it. I do alot of snow riding where I am wearing heavy boots and it is alot easier to shift just by pressing down and not trying to get the boots under the shifter.

hrc85250r
09-03-2005, 11:58 PM
i bet those motors are to the same tolerances as the hondas....if you put honda side covers on it nobody would ever know.....i bet you could pound the living $#!T outta that and it would keep going...

88 Turbo Coupe
09-04-2005, 06:33 AM
A CT 90 has the same engine as a US 90. I also believe the Chinese metal is of an inferior type. Tolerances might be there but lousy metal will do it in. I had a Caglari pocket bike (made in China) last year and returned it. Was not impressed with the engine.

xd 200x
09-04-2005, 11:13 AM
I think that I would buy one if they were cheeper. Not to decend from the rest of the opiinions around here but ai think it is a good option. and about the metal in china being bad. guess what I belive that they stoped producing steel in the United States so you really dont have an option. I think that this would be a good Idea for me because by the time you rebuild an engine wouldnt it cost more? If my engine went and I wanted to ride in a week I would buy one. Just my Idea on the situation.

wheelie king
09-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Seems too good to be true, but kinda like xd 200x said, you never know until you try it. However, I have always heard that the "crap" bikes from China are... well, exactly that....crap. :rolleyes: I do not have any personal experience with them, though. Anyone ever run one of these Lifan motors?

88 Turbo Coupe
09-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Go into your local PEP Boys and check out ALL the Chinese bikes on display.

deathman53
09-04-2005, 12:40 PM
my friend refuses to work on any of those motors, they say honda parts will fit, they won't. he had one for months trying to get parts, he ordered honda parts, didn't fit right. he gave the guy his bike back and told him, "I can't get parts for these". He gets a about 10 phone calls a week about working on these motors, refuses everyone. the parts are a clos fit to a honda, but its enough of a difference that they don't work right.