PDA

View Full Version : tri z new guy

chester
09-04-2005, 04:27 PM
hi guys im new to the site just got masel an 85 tri-z 250 its stock and in ok condition does anyone know where i can get get performance mods eg front pipes silencers etc and what works well? also boyesen reeds had em in a kx of mine made a good difference but can * get em 4 a z? id like to upgrade the plastics and get graphics of some sort is that an option? ive had a few atc 110s in my time and more motorbikes than you can shake a stick at but this trike is a differnt ball game! cheers guys

chester :beer

yamahaman89
09-05-2005, 01:15 PM
try http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/MMYSkuDisplay.jsp;jsessionid=EX0KQZSP3DZXXLA0WTKSM 4VMDK0NKIV0?leafCatId=10901&catId=109&store=Main&mmyId=11041

chris200x
09-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Check out this guy for your tri z stickers. :welcome:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=30790&highlight=yamatopdog

chester
09-08-2005, 04:53 PM
cheers guys nice one. im loving the trike its a flyer ma old mans not to chuffed the driveways looking a bit worse for wear!! good crack in grass feilds total different to my old motocross days * can go sideways allday jus keeping her pinned. and in the dark aswell the lights are great considering i usualy had a torch strapped to my kx!

good to be in a place with others enjoying the same thrills

kyle

69HemiGTX
09-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Howdy! Welcome to the site. :welcome: Is it Chester or Kyle?

It's good to see someone enjoying their first three wheeler. As Chris pointed out, Yamatopdog has the best decal kit on the market today, and his prices are very reasonable. For plastic, I believe the white and black rear fenders are still available new from the dealer. That's not to say that they are still being produced, though. If you want new yellow plastic, Yamatopdog sells rear fenders with decals for $300 plus shipping. Check out his store on Ebay. I'm not sure about the availability of factory front fenders. You could also use Maier for all three colors of you choose to. Aussieduner is hard at work reproducing the radiator shrouds, and he has them in black and white for now, with red and yellow scheduled for later down the road. He is also working on the airbox cover (up top where the gas tank should be).

Good luck with your project. :D :w00t:

twgranger
09-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Howdy! Welcome to the site. :welcome: Is it Chester or Kyle?

It's good to see someone enjoying their first three wheeler. As Chris pointed out, Yamatopdog has the best decal kit on the market today, and his prices are very reasonable. For plastic, I believe the white and black rear fenders are still available new from the dealer. That's not to say that they are still being produced, though. If you want new yellow plastic, Yamatopdog sells rear fenders with decals for $300 plus shipping. Check out his store on Ebay. I'm not sure about the availability of factory front fenders. You could also use Maier for all three colors of you choose to. Aussieduner is hard at work reproducing the radiator shrouds, and he has them in black and white for now, with red and yellow scheduled for later down the road. He is also working on the airbox cover (up top where the gas tank should be).

Good luck with your project. :D :w00t:The yellow rear are still availible from yamaha for $108. $300 is a crazy price. :crazy:

69HemiGTX
09-08-2005, 08:08 PM
The yellow rear are still availible from yamaha for $108. $300 is a crazy price. :crazy:

Really? I have a buddy who owns a shop, and he sells me everything at dealer cost, so looks like I might make a call later today. :naughty: The $300 price includes the decals already mounted, but for the savings, I could put them on myself. What other plastic for the yellow model is still available?

twgranger
09-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Really? I have a buddy who owns a shop, and he sells me everything at dealer cost, so looks like I might make a call later today. :naughty: The $300 price includes the decals already mounted, but for the savings, I could put them on myself. What other plastic for the yellow model is still available?
That is all that's available. I had my local graphic shop install my decals that i bought from him for $15. Plus that $300 price don't even cover the shipping.

TeamGeek6
09-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Chester, good to hear youre hooked on triking, those Tri Z's were good racing cycles, lots of power. Just practice riding before making too much horsepower.!!

chester
09-20-2005, 03:53 PM
nice one guys your a big help. i know with my old motocross bike i changed my piston and rings very regularly how often is it for a tri z? im using fully synthetic 2 stroke because im not sure what to use but it seems to run fine on that although it does rattle on tickover i think its a bit of piston slap should i change it now or are these symptoms of any 20 year old racer?? had her on the beach the other day what a mess i made local dogwalkers didnt know what to do plumes of 2stroke smoke and waves of sand getting flung everywhere what a grin i had on my face, lets just say the beach was all mine in a very short time. does anyone know what size of sprocket to have because i hit flat out very quick and i think im only getting 65 maybe 70 but its screaming so i dont do that to her. i think my tires are too small on the back thatd slow me down aswell i think. yes/no?

cheers chester