PDA

View Full Version : a1_atvs e-bay seller ? anyone ?

bigredhead
09-06-2005, 10:32 AM
I won a bunch of SX stuff from this guy last thursday.. i e-mailed him 4 times so far.. and nodda.

Anyone ever buy from this guy before ? he's got over 2000 feedback, so i'd hope he's reliable.. but no replies and i'm kinda worried. :wondering

bigredhead
09-06-2005, 09:06 PM
I was looking at the location thing on the auction.. is says " Central Arkensas " .... anyone know what situation this may have in relation to New Orleans ?

I'm wondering if he might be caught in that poor situation???? Helping or otherwise.

Anyone ?

nouseforaname90
09-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Total Est. Distance: 531.09 miles

Thats how far it is from New Orleans to Little Rock Arkansas, and Little Rock is in central Arkansas. So I'd say it is very possible that he got caught up in the storm/helping or something. Louisiana is where New Orleans is, and the state directly above Louisiana is Arkansas. Its possible..

Yamahauler
09-06-2005, 09:39 PM
check to see if you have a second page of emails in your inbox, haha that happened to me once.

bigredhead
09-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Copy: "Page 1 of 1"

Nope.. tripple checked.

farfromgroovins
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Any luck yet?

I am in central Arkansas and looked in the phone book but did not see any listing for a1 atv. May just have a ebay store front only.

We got some light rain from the hurricane but no damage. We have thousands of evacuees in our state and I know several people here that either went because they had family that needed help or they are housing family/friends from the area that need a place to stay.

bigredhead
09-07-2005, 12:26 PM
I re-emailed again this morning asking for some kind of an update.

Thanks for checking.. i apreciate it.

I have not sent any money yet so it's no loss.. and will wait a bit longer before i leave negative feedback.

I just hope he comes thru... i got a really good deal on all those parts, if only i can get my hands on them.

bigredhead
09-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Well.. i have checked my e-bay msgs over and over for the past number of days.. no replies.

I check my home e-mail and low and behold.. " AN INVOICE ".. :mad:

No explanation, no replies to my e-bay ' contact member ' . no apology etc... but, now i have an invoice sitting in my inbox. ????

what the hell ?

Am i an idiot for even considering paying this ? or should i send the money and accept the fact that he's comunicationionaly retarded ?

What do you guys think ?

freewheel3
09-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Although his communication skills suck, you better follow through with your part of the deal to avoid the possibility of him leaving you some negative feedback.
I've been in similar situations & it really makes you wonder if you should send someone any cash when they can't even take the time to reply in a proper manner.

bigredhead
09-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Well that's exactly my problem.. i really do want the parts.. i just can't affort to throw 100 $ away in hopes of getting my stuff.

I replied to the invoice with a message that went something like " Can you please reply to this e-mail to at least confirm you can be reached and i'll promply pay this invoice accordingly ! ".

I'm keeping it civilized so far,,, but considering i got my invoice the same day i sent him a message on e-bay giving him 2 days to reply or get reported to e-bay, it smells some fishy !!

freewheel3
09-13-2005, 11:45 AM
I know what you mean, how's his feedback?

bigredhead
09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=a1_atvs&item=&iid=&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:SID

Feedback 2717....

nouseforaname90
09-14-2005, 11:28 AM
17 emails, 2 payments made, still no response, no nothing, DONT DEAL HERE.....

That one looks like your situation kind of.
Although he has great feedback. I would send the money and see what happens. Only a few complaints.. 99.5% feedback.. looks ok to me. It could be better.. but looks ok.

bigredhead
09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I figure he's bombarted with e-mails and just does not read them... or speaks another language. i dunno.

It's 100 $.. so as much as i can't afford to waste my money.. i'm gona send it and see what happens i guess.

83200e
09-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't send anything without hearing from the guy.I looked on ebay, and yes he has good feedback,but he currently has nothing for sale, and he hasn't returned any feed back in awhile.The guy may be gone on vacation,skipped town who knows.

bigredhead
09-14-2005, 01:54 PM
I know.. and it's driving me nuts......

I REALLY want that diff.. i need a spare splined portion of the diff as i fear mine will go any time now.

But man.... decisions decisions...... arghh..

NO ONE here has bought anything from this guy ?

bigredhead
09-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Well...

Update: After waiting 5 days... the paypal invoice was about to expire.. i took the plunge and paid the man..... Yeah.. i know.. :confused:

2 days later.. ( yesterday ) i get 2 replies. one to say he was busy with a sick kid and was running behind on his e-mails... and that he was going to re-send the invoice....

And a 2nd e-mail to confirm that he checked his paypal account and received payment and was going to ship right away.

Go figure.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

bigredhead
10-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Update:

Well here we are oct 3rd.. and it arrived at my door this morning ! go figure.

Everything looks as described except the rear diff splines are a bit on the " worn " side... just about the same as on mine right now !!!

But the tool box, diff cover, swingarm, and driveshaft all look usable.