PDA

View Full Version : Blaster vid

YAMAHA_Jim
09-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Here's a clip of me on my Blaster in my yard. The indoor track I race on is shorter than this track and zero wheelspin on sticky concrete.

wheelie king
09-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Cool vid! I really like that blaster. What kinda rear tires are those????

toyota200x
09-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Wow that thing sounds awesome for a blaster and it really flys. NICE ........... :eek:

hrc85250r
09-08-2005, 03:07 PM
wtf is that knock??? time for a counterbalancer rebuild or a new bore job....

TimSr
09-08-2005, 03:50 PM

Somebody must have removed the counterbalancer, because I can assure you that its not in there.

YAMAHA_Jim
09-08-2005, 08:19 PM
All 4 tires are American Racer's F-20x8x10 R-20x10x10
I like the sound of the LRD exaust over FMF,Pro circut,Bill's,etc
Where do you hear a knock?, during idling or riding around?
Actually,that motor is all original from 2000, except for the piston/rings I replaced with oem stock back in 02.I havent removed anything from the motor other than the oil inj pump. It has been ridden hard(but not abused) and made it through two seasons of flat track racing(slightly abused there),kind of hard not to when your racing against BIG Fast 4 strokes.If your saying its a knock,I'm not doubting it.Blasters are known to ping/knock a bit.It has sounded like that ever since i put the LRD exaust, 30mm carb,and aktive CarbonFiber reeds on it 2 yrs ago.I never heard a noise from the motor that made me worry.I've also heard other blasters that sound alot worse than mine and they get raced and ridden hard and keep on going. I will say that it is time to do something to the motor though b/c I need to go alot faster in a shorter period of time. Gas prices kind of cut into my blaster mod funding this year and with winter coming, I need to save for the huge heat bill that awaits me. :)
One way to have a faster blaster would be to sell 2 or 3 of the other Yamaha dust collectors in my garage.....but that isnt happenin'. When I'm able to rebuild the blaster motor, It will most likely be a 240cc w/ port/polish and all that other fancy top and bottom end crap,36 or 38mm carb,open air filter,and same LRD exaust,etc. money sets the limit.

Wickedfinger
09-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Are you kidding me?!?!?!?. Its not a knock - its called a "ping" - all 2-strokes make that beautiful sound - its why they are commonly refered to by some as "pingers". You must not have heard that R of yours run.

twgranger
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Are you kidding me?!?!?!?. Its not a knock - its called a "ping" - all 2-strokes make that beautiful sound - its why they are commonly refered to by some as "pingers". You must not have heard that R of yours run.
I was thinking the same thing. By the way, all i get is sound and no picture. :wondering

YAMAHA_Jim
09-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I have to add this, Air cooled 2 strokes "ping" alot more than liquid cooled 2 strokes.Not sure if this is totally right but the cooling fins on the cylinder and head kind of amplify the internal noises where as the antifreeze/coolant in the cylinder and head absorbs or muffles the noise and vibration.

mbg75
09-09-2005, 12:08 AM
the noise is actually piston slap. not usually heard w/stock piston.

it is very common with forged pistons such as wiseco's in 2 strokes.

usually heard at idle and low rpm's. goes away as rpms increase.

not a problem for forged pistons, but can do extensive damage w/cast piston because it will usually crack at the skirt. dropping pieces into the crank.

lisnup65
09-13-2005, 06:49 PM
It sound excellent to me! 2 strokes always ahve a ping that those in the not known call a knock! I have a TRX & ATC 250R and a Blaster. Jims machine is no louder tha any one of mine and 2 or 3 are fresh bored machines.

TrIpFeSt
09-30-2005, 09:28 PM
wow nice blaster! got any pics of that beast?

42F67N
10-01-2005, 12:10 AM
a stock oem blaster piston can make a slapping sound as can a aftermarket piston and a stock cast piston or a aftermarket piston thats slapping bad enough will break a cast oem might break easier but they will both eventually break, but that wasent piston slap in that video thats the way a blaster sounds air cooled 2 strokes are noisey a brand new bone stock blaster off the show room floor sounds the same way some are more noisey then others but it is common.