PDA

View Full Version : NEED help QUICK, diesel problems

350xsx
09-08-2005, 03:17 PM
i was makin a jup with the tractor and it was low on fuel, and it started boggin and i tried to catch it but it was too late, from the angle it was on the motor ran out of fuel, now it wont start, and i need to move it very soon due to where its at, How can i get it back running again? thetank is now fille up......it wants to start but it cant, i dont know exactly what to do
PLeassssse Help
Thankyou

bigredhead
09-08-2005, 03:23 PM
I beleive you have to prime the system on these old tractors.

My friend has a brand new Kioti diesel and when he runs out of fuel it really sucks.. you have to bleed the air out of the system.

what make and model is it.. look up on google on how to prime it.

350xsx
09-08-2005, 03:26 PM
i remember it happened once about 3 years ago and it was a painin the arse the way it waws sposed to be done, but a guy i knew did somethin and got it runnin within 5 minuttes that he was woorkin on it, i jus dont want to mess with it too much and mess somethin up cuz im not that familiar with dieselsand its actually my dads tractor

350xsx
09-08-2005, 03:29 PM
its a 1973 i believe, John Deere 950, its not that big of a tractor...

350xsx
09-08-2005, 03:37 PM
i cant find anything on the internet about priming it, not even diesels in general......anyone have a n idea how i would go about doin this?

bigredhead
09-08-2005, 03:39 PM
http://www.ytmag.com/jd/messages/75123.html

TeamGeek6
09-08-2005, 03:44 PM
on the diesel semis Ive seen, they remove and fill the fuel filter to remove most of the trapped air.

350xsx
09-08-2005, 04:29 PM
i took that bolt out of the imjector pump and pumped the hell out of the throttle, it took about a half hour, before it would idle without stallin, so i pumped ot for about 5 more minutes put the bolt in and it runs perfect, Thank You, i wouldnt hav ethoughtabout takin that bolt out cuz it looks like its hold in the hose on or somethin like that.......like the oil cooler lines on 350x's with the holes in the bolts, i thought thats what this was like, but it wasnt i just had o do that......

and i knew i had to fill up the fuel filter with diesel, i did that but it still wouldt start, thanks tho....

bigredhead
09-08-2005, 05:58 PM
hey.. if you had the starter motor cranking alot.. consider letting it run a while to recharge the batteries... leaving lead acid batteries in a dis-charged state ruins them.

I run my mountain bike on them so i know this ! lol...