PDA

View Full Version : 87 shee problems

Kintore
09-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Well my buddy just got a new banshee (87) it was running when we got it and I helped him make it idle. So yesterday he took it over to my place and I blew out his carbs for him. I didnt take out the jets, I used air gun and blew around. After he started it ran like a dream, no boggin like it did before. We shut it off and he changed the tranny fluid. After he started it up and ran it around it did the samething, it bogged around but it still idled. So this is his email to me-
Hey Josh.....after i got home from your place, parked the shee away...was on msn for awhile, went out probably around 7-7:30....and tried starting it, and it wont start....and i cleaned the carbs like you did...but i think i might have done it wrong...and i put it back together and it still wont start...so yea if you could come over tomorrow and we will look at it, and get you to clean them and put them back together cause i might have done it wrong

He also has a fuel filter on there, right before the carbs that it clogged cause when I popped of the line I thought it was a fuel stop cause no fuel came out, so maybe the fuel filter is clogged?

In my defence so he cant blame it on me, he ran it home 15-20 minutes then shut it off and had the problem. So it was working when I did it
Any ideas?

350Xhilaration
09-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Not sure what's going on, but your best resource for info will be www.bansheehq.com

sblt500r
09-14-2005, 08:41 PM
if the fuel filter is taht clogged it would stop the gas flow you should pull off the tank and clean it out. there must be alot of dirt in it.

oh and put on a new inline filter. :Bounce

hrc85250r
09-14-2005, 09:44 PM
ummm, take the fuel filter off, thats completely useless anyways unless you change it all the time, completely take the carbs aparts and clean them...make sure the reeds arent broken and make sure that the floats are set correctly on both carbs, and make sure the airbox lid is on if its a mostly stock machine, too much air can make the carb bog down if the motor isnt set up for the open airbox.....other than that its gotta be internal in the motor....