PDA

View Full Version : Professional Photographer?

Billy Golightly
09-15-2005, 09:25 PM
I was going through the pictures on pitracer.com that Tim mentioned in a thread in the local riding forum, and I thought this might be a cool idea. I dont know what they would charge, Maybe we could make arrangements with them or someone else to where we could just pay them a flat fee, or something upfront to make the purchase of their photos a little bit cheaper. I dont know what their terms are, but It would have to be where we could use them for future advertisement, trikefest photo CD, ect. Any of you guys have any insight/ideas or anything on this?

Howdy
09-16-2005, 08:28 AM
If we have a few people get some good pictures we can have them Professionaly printed out for us. There is a place about 30-45 minutes from here that does this. I know of 3 or 4 Professional Photographer's that have this place print them out. These are mostly Wedding pictures and such. ;)
Howdy

Derrick Adams
09-16-2005, 09:10 AM
We talked to the guy at Sunset Ramblers and he was willing to come out and shoot for us. You can see his work at www.sunsetramblers.com Tim has bought some pictures from him, as well as Brandon and myself.
He said, if we were interested, he'll just come out and do it. He has all his equipment mobile and can print 8x10 photos on the spot. Nice ones! He also can make different size posters and other cool stuff.
I would be willing to bet that we could arrange a flat fee for all the pictures and then he could just sell his 8x10's to whoever wanted to buy them.
Also, I told him about how Pete usually has an MX and/or drag while we're there anyhow, so he could probably stick around and sell those photos as well. To make it worth his while for coming out.
Lastly he's a trike fan!

Howdy
09-16-2005, 09:14 AM
We talked to the guy at Sunset Ramblers and he was willing to come out and shoot for us. You can see his work at www.sunsetramblers.com Tim has bought some pictures from him, as well as Brandon and myself.
He said, if we were interested, he'll just come out and do it. He has all his equipment mobile and can print 8x10 photos on the spot. Nice ones! He also can make different size posters and other cool stuff.
I would be willing to bet that we could arrange a flat fee for all the pictures and then he could just sell his 8x10's to whoever wanted to buy them.
Also, I told him about how Pete usually has an MX and/or drag while we're there anyhow, so he could probably stick around and sell those photos as well. To make it worth his while for coming out.
Lastly he's a trike fan!

I didn't realize he could print them on the spot!! This sounds do-able to me. I now like it better than my first thoughts. ;)
Howdy

Billy Golightly
09-16-2005, 10:03 AM
That sounds awesome Derrick, and is almost exactly what I had in mind. My main reason for asking for a professional photographer, was that in 99% of the cases they have a higher quality and more expensive camera that will take better pictures, they know all the tricks to get the lighting right, ect. ect. I think we definetly need to look into doing this. Some real high quality MX pictures and some from the group photo would just be :drool:

Derrick Adams
09-16-2005, 10:13 AM
I think we're going to have to come up with a better location for the group photo this year. Just too many to fit in while standing on the hill. Maybe move to somewhere where the photographer can get on top a building or something.

He's only capable of printing 8x10 and smaller on site. He ships the posters.

I'll get more info asap.

Kintore
09-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I would totally agree with have the pro photographer. I know myself, I would be buying a lot of pictures of MX, drags and everything! I think its a great idea. And the poster sounds very good too :drool:
Derrick, you said the guys a trike fan? that makes all the difference :lol:
Sounds awesome to me!

TimSr
09-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I enjoyed meeting him, and bought a picture from him that I posted when I did flat track at Sunset Ramblers. Im surprised he would travel that far, but them he is quite a bit closer to Haspin than the others. Also he gets a lot better group action photos than the others. I guess if teh potential is there to make anough money where its worthwhile, he will do it. They are $10 for 8x10. He uses a computer and photo printer.

As for other digital pictures, you can go to Photoworks.com, and send them any digital photo and have it printed out. You can do it all right form their website. Ive dealt with them since long before digital photography, and have them develop all my 35mm film, and my photos are stored on their webspace so its reall easy for me to get prints form stuff Ive had developed through them.

Dammit!
09-16-2005, 11:03 PM
I'd do it for free if I was able to attend. I'm not a pro but I ain't half bad either.

It would be cool to see some shots good enough to make into full size posters. I've been wanting some good trike posters for the garage.

nouseforaname90
09-16-2005, 11:11 PM
My uncle is a professional photographer. He did it on-the-side for about 10 years, and now has been doing it seriously for around 5-6 years. He lives in Hop Bottom (something like that.. near York I believe) PA.. just figured I'd mention it incase you were interested or anything.