PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use LUCAS oil?

chris200x
09-15-2005, 09:56 PM
This stuff is expensive, but before I buy it is it really worth the price?

Has anyone ever used it or have something they can recommend. I'm going to be changing oil and filter shortly (in a 4-stroke) and it recently had a new top end put into it. Any feedback?

honda200
09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
i always used Lucas as an additive, never just straight oil, but from my experiance it has worked awesome!!

worth the money in my opinion

Curtis

chris200x
09-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Well I didn't really read the dirictions on it but can you use it straight?

honda200
09-15-2005, 10:08 PM
i dont have any on me right now or i would look, but a good rule of thumb is to read the directions on everything you get ;)

Curtis

El'Capitan
09-15-2005, 10:27 PM
works great, well worth the money.

Huffa
09-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Well I didn't really read the dirictions on it but can you use it straight?

HECK NO !!!!!!! It is waaaaaay too thick! 20-25% at the most! If your trike, OOPS Quad uses 1 quart you should only use about 8-10 ozs of the stuff.

In winter you should lower the ratio a bit more because the lucas will make a 5W30 weight closer to a 10W40 and so fourth. I even called them on that ?

I use their fuel additive in my autos also, about every 3rd oil change just to keep my injectors and valves all clean and :D happy. Comes in like a little 6-8 oz bottle.

Didn't you ever see there display in the clear container that you crank the gears? You didn't, well one side has the Lucas treated oil in and when you spin the two meshing gears you can see the lucas stuff cling much more to the gears, where the untreated on other side of display tends to drip right off practiaclly. You put that in full strength and it will be like a 125 weight!! :lol:

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/index.sd

One thing I wish ALL these companies (including Lucas) would quit doing is stating the it increases MPG. I have never seen a difference in anything I bought and if I did it was a whole 1/10 of a mile or something :rolleyes:

toyvette81
09-15-2005, 11:31 PM
have used it in the past, its very good oil, i think its worth it in the long run

bigredhead
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
If your top end is good and you are not smoking.. don't waste your money.

if you need thicker oil.. just buy thicker oil.

chris200x
09-16-2005, 11:34 AM
So I guess I'll just use it as an additive then. With the cooler wheather coming what brand and weight would you guys recommend.

Kintore
09-16-2005, 04:01 PM
We use it in our 4runner. Works real good, but like stated above. Its thick stuff for sure. Works good and thats all that counts

Dont go straight Lucas though!