PDA

View Full Version : Make trikefest a week long?

Billy Golightly
09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
What do you guys think of making Trikefest a week long? To stretch things out a bit. Say, we start on Sunday, and end on the next Sunday. Could/would you take the extra time off from work, home, ect to do this? Whats your thoughts?

Derrick Adams
09-19-2005, 09:18 PM
I like the 4 day schedule. I'm afraid that it would be "Too much of a good thing" at a whole week.

I'd like to stay the way it is.

Besides, I don't think even Hagen can stay drunk for a whole week!

350Xhilaration
09-19-2005, 09:49 PM
I can barely make it for 3 days...no way I can swing 7.

Kintore
09-20-2005, 12:47 PM
This year, im coming down on Tuesday at like 10-11am. Last year I came on Thursday at like 4pm, that was way to late for me. It would be awesome for 7 days, but maybe Derrick is right too much of a good thing. I know this year I didnt get enough, so maybe....

slothminx
09-20-2005, 01:06 PM
you might be able to make it 5 days, because you will still give people the day either side to travel. making it 7 days would mean people missing out on some days if they can only do a week total

dividebyzero
09-20-2005, 03:56 PM
We've already decided to take an extra day off next year so we can be there on wed(all you damn leaving early NY guys taking the good spots...lol!)This way,MAYBE,we don't have to camp at the bottom of the pit! lol! I think over time a week would be great,but,like you said Billy,what people can do for vac,etc.

OldSchoolin86
09-20-2005, 04:45 PM
The simplest is to show up for the week and hang out with who ever else comes out. I don't think that requires any real planning. Even if it was a week you'd still want the race schedule the same so the people who can only make it for the weekend could still compete.

Billy Golightly
09-20-2005, 06:04 PM
My main concern, was packing everything into the allotted time. Its one even after another everyday, and a saturday is slam packed with the MX and the group photo/awards. It would also be nice to have an extra day incase there is rain where we could move an event to it. Like, for example the hill climb event we were gonna have. It rained thursday so we didn't get to do that. If we would have had an extra day inbetween with nothing scheduled, we could have ran it then. Know what I mean?

Theres also been talk of a poker run, and a show n shine contest. Theres only so much time in a day, and I dont want people to feel burnt out and not want to go do the other events when the oppertunity is there.

Derrick Adams
09-20-2005, 07:12 PM
It seems to me that last year we really only had things scheduled into 2 days. Friday and Saturday. So we know for sure that most everyone can make it down by Thursday.(at least anyone who's been there before, because you can't stand to wait) So, that would be a good day to schedule things in.

Just say.. THE PARTY STARTS THURSDAY! PLAN ON IT SO YOU DON'T MISS OUT!!

Another issue I want to bring up is that we have the group photo late in the weekend. Everyone spends a month cleaning their trike up for Trikefest and then we ride all weekend.... then take a group picture. So all our stuff is dirty. Unless your one of the few that don't ride them. I think this should happen early in the weekend. IMO.

Howdy
09-20-2005, 07:21 PM
The group picture is sorta a hard one. If we take it too early then anyone arriving later would miss it. But you do have a good point about the trikes being dirty for the later picture.

The big question could be this: Do you want to see a few clean trikes? Or Do you want to see a whole bunch of trikes that have some dirt on them ( this shows they weren't just sitting at camp ).

IMO, seeing a whole mess of 3 wheelers in one spot at one time is impressive.

Howdy

3WheelsForever
09-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Im not sure what to tell ya, but I know for a fact Im coming down on Monday or Tuesday next year.

TimSr
09-21-2005, 05:44 PM
The simplest is to show up for the week and hang out with who ever else comes out. I don't think that requires any real planning. Even if it was a week you'd still want the race schedule the same so the people who can only make it for the weekend could still compete.

Im kind of on the same page here. Ill be the first to say that scheduling the events so close together is hectic as hell, but the reason they are planned on those days is because thats when attendance is greatest. I think basically most people plan for the weekend as the focal point, and then stretch as many days beforehand as they can get away with. I look forward to spending a couple days trail riding beforehand, beacuse I know it will be impossible when the events start. I think more an more are coming early, but we still have maximum attedance on Saturday by far, and I wouldnt want the MX races on any other day. I originally started the drags on Friday evening because it took little to organize (before it got complicated), and to get everybody there at the same time, when it would not interfere with MX. If we do begin planning even more activities, and start earlier in the week you may find lots of work for something with little attendance. I think most of the earlybirds pretty much came to enjoy some free riding time, and group riding when they wouldnt have to miss the scheduled events.

I personally would not be able to make it a whole week. I arrived on Wednesday and I was pretty well burned out after the last one was over. A week of organized events would definately be too much of a good thing for me, but I would encourage anyone who wishes to come for the whole week to go ahead and do so, but they should expect to trail ride and such, but not expect an action packed, organized, event filled week. If somebody wants to put together some events for in the week, that would be super too, but keep in mind, even if its a week long, the bulk of people will be showing up on Thursday and Friday. If we want to officially make it a week, that would be fine, but I dont think we should commit ourselves to trying to organize for an entire week with the small run ragged crew we have now.

3leggeddog
09-29-2005, 08:20 PM
i would love to have had my trike all clean for the group pic.,but hell you can't se it anyway.if we could come up with a good way to wash the bike.maybe 2 pieces of ply wood to lay down by the water hose so you can wash your bike and ride off with out getting even more muddy.i know i spent 6 months building and polishing a trike that was filthy after one day.this year my race bike will be under a sheet and trail better WILL meet the backbone.i know we will be there on weds.or thurs. the only bad part of starting the events on thurs. are the late comers missin it.then agian TF is gettin too big to plan around everyone.i say let the party start on thursday,and if you miss some events thats your own fault.people need to have priorties,ridin 1st,everything else second,lol!!!!!!!!!!

3leggeddog
09-29-2005, 08:24 PM
I personally would not be able to make it a whole week. I arrived on Wednesday and I was pretty well burned out after the last one was over. A week of organized events would definately be too much of a good thing for me, but I would encourage anyone who wishes to come for the whole week to go ahead and do so, but they should expect to trail ride and such, but not expect an action packed, organized, event filled week. If somebody wants to put together some events for in the week, that would be super too, but keep in mind, even if its a week long, the bulk of people will be showing up on Thursday and Friday. If we want to officially make it a week, that would be fine, but I dont think we should commit ourselves to trying to organize for an entire week with the small run ragged crew we have now.[/QUOTE]

i agree with tim.if the events start on thursday thats plenty of time for the masses to gather and enjoy.also that gives much more time in between events.we need some way to announce the events are taking place.this year when the hill climb got rained out it was apparent we weren't going,but a loud speaker announcment would still have clarified.jmo

Howdy
09-30-2005, 07:57 AM
i agree with tim.if the events start on thursday thats plenty of time for the masses to gather and enjoy.also that gives much more time in between events.we need some way to announce the events are taking place.this year when the hill climb got rained out it was apparent we weren't going,but a loud speaker announcment would still have clarified.jmo

Things are in the works for announcments. I trying to locate a 4x8 sheet ( or 2 ) of eraser board. ;)
Howdy

honda200
10-04-2005, 09:08 PM
i am going to try and make it down this year, i should have a toy by then :)

Curtis

mymint87
10-09-2005, 12:57 PM
IMO, seeing a whole mess of 3 wheelers in one spot at one time is impressive.

Howdy

I was asked about my feelings shortly after this years TF..Being a triker on the outside looking in at TF and never having attended hopefully I speak for those in my position and maybe a few who have been there...

That "ONE" picture, does more for 3wheelers than a thousand web sites and a million words. I feel it is the most improtant event at the meet.

I'm sure most of you that attend could prepare/load all your stuff, drive 'X" amount of miles, unload/setup camp, take one spin around the facility, stop for the group photo, and be perfectly happy and content to pack up and head home, meaning all the other scheduled events as icing on the cake....

For those who don't realize, theres alot more for the RRC to do than just throw up events and stretch it out.....basic issues like restroom facilities have to be addressed along with all the other things and the list is probably longer than You or I both know....

AND...is probably growing every second...

Even though most of you consider an opinion by a member who hasn't attended is an opinion with no merit...I'm glad you allow me to throw it out here on the forums..

Love em' or hate em' you gotta give it up for the RRC.... :w00t:

Billy Golightly
10-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Mike what is RRC?

mymint87
10-09-2005, 06:31 PM
It's the organizers of TF.........Run Ragged Crew....hehe.....hope no one gets pissy over it, TimSr mentioned it in a post and I thought it kinda COOL :lol:

mymint87
10-21-2005, 08:49 AM
.....basic issues like restroom facilities have to be addressed along with all the other things and the list is probably longer than You or I both know....

AND...is probably growing every second...

http://www.bumperdumper.com

ATCT
12-13-2005, 06:58 PM
What month does Trikefest occur? (I don't need an exact date.)

Howdy
12-13-2005, 07:08 PM
What month does Trikefest occur? (I don't need an exact date.)

Second weekend in June, 2006 ( 8th thru the 12th ).
Howdy

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-13-2005, 09:04 PM
i can take the whole 7 day off thing ...i spent alot of time talking with others and meeting new people..., but i really never got to do any trail riding, maybe if a come earlier this year , i can spend a few days puttin' around to better know the area, and show others wherer the hot spots are..i just hope i dont break anything before the rest of the gang arrives!:lol:

ATCT
12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Second weekend in June, 2006 ( 8th thru the 12th ).
Howdy
Woo. Nice. I might be able to make that. At least part/most of it. Thanks.

Tri-ZNate
12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Well i can take a week off of school without breaking my heart.

Meat-BoX
12-29-2005, 09:09 PM
I would like to get there a day early so I can get a feel for the place. I hope some NY'rs can make it early allso. I would like to get there Wed. Looks like its about 650 miles away. Definatly a 2 person job. Leave Tue night and get there wed afternoon. 11 hrs it should take. Now I just need to find someone to go with.

Meat-BoX
12-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Im just wondering if any NY'rs were looking to leave Tuesday in order to get there wed. in time to get a spot and do a little riding. Im willing to meet up with people somewhere.