PDA

View Full Version : Packing up, running from Hurricane Rida....

hondatrikesrule22
09-21-2005, 06:20 AM
Yep, I live 14 miles from Galveston, Texas. It is supposed to be a catergory 4, man this sucks. I am having to put all my **** up on blocks. :mad: Its kinda depressing knowing that I may come back to a pile of rubble instead of a house. Lets hope it isn't as bad as they say its going to be. :wondering Later.....

TravEX
09-21-2005, 08:06 AM
good luck.

blowfishct
09-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Good luck and God bless

OldManDM
09-21-2005, 10:27 AM
where are you going to go?....if need be,head up here

Macs
09-21-2005, 01:51 PM
we are leaving also. i am a few miles away from hondatrikesrule i am just going to go inland about 100 or so miles.

250r'en +TCB
09-21-2005, 03:56 PM
wow, really does suck huh? They say it's possible that puppy could reach catagory 5!!! Ouch! Lets not forget what a catagory 5 did to galveston at the begining of the 20th century........something like 3000+ people died.......
good luck to all you guys in texas!!!

Rm250RF900R
09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Good luck to you guys. Don't leave the poor trikes behind.

max
09-21-2005, 04:24 PM
When Is This Storm Suppose To Hit? Be Careful

Macs
09-21-2005, 05:12 PM
well i have the 250r in the middle of the living room, i dont have enough room to take it in the truck. it already has winds of 150mph and is a category five. we ar suppose to have 20' + storm surge. it is suppose to flood up to 30 miles inland just with the surge. this is going to be a bad one. It is supose to be here friday night or saturday morning but we hagve a mandatory evacuation by 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. So i will hopefully be back on line sometime next week if we have any electricity.

DeePa
09-21-2005, 06:38 PM
hey best of luck to everyone involved....hope everything works out, and remember to consider a trike lost as minor, as you still have your lives.

Billy Golightly
09-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Good luck to all of you guys, get out of there if you can so that this doesn't turn into another New Orleans.

hrc85250r
09-21-2005, 08:34 PM
well, all these hurricanes and such are really kinda scaring me a little, even though i live way up in northern new york by canada, who knows what could happen...we had that ice storm in 99' and that was crazy...i dont even want to think about a tornado or hurricane... my house would damn near fall over with winds of even 70 mph, no joke. if i build my own house someday(im 18 mind you) i am seriously thinking about building a nuke proof shelter under my house with 6' thick concrete walls ceiling and floor, stock the $#!T out of it with stuff that can last a long time, that way nothing can get to me(or my family?).

TrIpFeSt
09-21-2005, 08:47 PM
wow. I am very sorry for all of the people that this hurricane is going to affect! God bless and good luck to all

samster143
09-22-2005, 11:15 AM
I hope all works out as good as possible for all of you involved. Rita just came by my house...I live in the Florida upper Keys now. Not too bad here, but it was only cat 1 when it was here. Don't mess around.... if it is gonna come near you GET OUT OF ITS WAY!!! be safe.

DX Rider12
09-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Hey I hope you guys can get to safety, and I hope you and your family remain safe oh and your trikes lol. God Bless.

Kintore
09-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Be careful, get out of there. Isnt it a cat 5 now?
God bless...

Tri-ZNate
09-22-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah cat5 and like 175 mph winds! Good luck guys.

ATC crazy
09-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Good luck fellas! And stay safe!

hondatrikesrule22
09-25-2005, 10:50 PM
We just got back, it was 5 days of pure bullshit. :mad: We Left Galveston, and went about 200 miles to my grandmas house in Woodville.First off, it took us 12 hours to go 200 miles.When we got there, it was me and 14 others relatives(not including all the animals) in a 3 bedroom,1 bath house. So, my uncle, my aunt, my little cousin, and my brother went to the Shivers Ranch, where we satyed in a NICE cabin. Well, Friday night when Rita hit, I was woke up by the sound of a 100' foot and 4 foot thick pine tree crashing through the damn roof. :eek: It was too, bad, but the ceiling started leaking pretty good. We all hunkered down in the master bedroom, and about 30 mins. later, aother tree hits the house(these trees are huge). We go next door to the other cabin, and stayed there till it was over. This is a big ranch, and there is only one road out. We hiked to the end, and counted 23 downed trees. No way out. Eventually, they got some chainsaws, and cleared the way. We all waited around, because none of our vehicles had any gas, and the wasn't a gas station open for 100 miles. Well, a couple relatives brought us some gas, and we made it out of there. We were on the road for 6 hours, and I had to piss the whole time. :mad: Anyways, That is just a brief overview of some of the **** I went through. Let hear everyone elses stories.... :D

Rm250RF900R
09-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Wow what a story. Your lucky those trees didn't cause anymore damage. I'm also surprise that you have power down there. There saying some areas won't have power for a month. That has got to suck :(

Dave223
10-01-2005, 04:18 PM
wow hondatrikesrule,
sounds like you had a time of it....Im in Houma La. 19 miles from the gulf of mexico, in Terrebonne Parish(county if you will). Today is my first day home since two days before it made landfall. We are staying in the Hotel where i work as a Maint Supervisor. I had 4ft of water UNDER my house. Yeh UNDER, my house is 9ft off the ground. I lost 2 110's and a 200, I didnt have enough room to bring em all with me, so I tied em to a post under the house. Right now they are laying on there sides, full of water. At this time I still have about 18" of BLACK, nasty, sewerage filled, snake infested water across my yard, so I cant do anything for em....any ideas for flushing? Dave

Macs
10-02-2005, 03:55 PM
hondatrikesrule, you were not too far from where we went. we stayed in rye in a cabin. just my luck, the storm missed my house but the eye passed over right were we were at. the winds got 118mph. every cabin lost there roof except ours, huge pine trees laying everywhere. we had to get a bid dozer to clear the roads. i had to be back to exxon/mobil by 7:00 am sunday. it took us 9 hours to get to I-10 on 146. we decided screw this and went back roads off of I-10 and made the rest in no time. we hit no traffic heading home though.

OldManDM
10-03-2005, 07:38 PM
i`m just glad to hear ya`ll came through it ok and wish i had thought to get my PM`s to both of you sooner so you could have come up here and stayed with us....you`d have been more than welcome......anyway,glad all are safe and sound!

Macs
10-03-2005, 07:53 PM
i wish i woulda known sooner too. i would of loaded up the R and we coulda had one hell of a weekend. when you are a working man you never have time to make friends. it is nice to know you can turn to the 3ww guys for help. it is greatly appreciated.