PDA

View Full Version : Any one lose a threewheeler to a hurrican yet!

trikes4life
09-23-2005, 09:35 AM
i Wonder how many people have to leave there wheelers or lost there wheelers to hurricans. I would be looking for wheelers in distress not people. People can move under there own power wheelers need help.

azhondagrl
09-23-2005, 10:04 AM
man thats pretty low.

trikerider2oo7
09-23-2005, 03:08 PM
yea man...i think someones life is just a bit more important than a 3 wheeler

86250RZ
09-23-2005, 03:25 PM
I live n LA. and I have thought about the samething, not that I dont value someones life more than a 3wheeler but the thought has crossed my mind about how many of these became victims of Katrina also. There were quite a few nice 250R's and 350X's down that way and im sure a lot of those are gone now and will never be replaced along with everything else they loved or cherished. But first and foremost, I would look for all the people needing help and not worry about any of thier possessions.

Lomax
09-23-2005, 04:09 PM
I was hoping that noone would bring this fear to my mind. I am in the hurricanes land travel path. Winds are already picking up outside and all thats keeping the 250r and the 350x safe is a little shed that I dont consider to be much stronger than a beer can (provided its a really strong can of course). And the shed is surrounded by tree's. Ahh the despair :(

Lomax
09-23-2005, 04:16 PM
i Wonder how many people have to leave there wheelers or lost there wheelers to hurricans. I would be looking for wheelers in distress not people. People can move under there own power wheelers need help.

I made the last post and didnt read this one first, thats putting a machine's value over someone's life man. I would just be happy to still be breathing. There are alot of other things to worry about other than there trikes too. A trike isnt going to keep you warm and dry like the house they lost was. Lets say you were out there, Stuck in a building somewhere and needed some help to get out of there, instead of helping you, a guy rolls by in a boat with a trike on there and isnt at all worried about you, Because he's moving what in your opinion "needs help". Think about what your saying before you say it man

brapp
09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
i have found 3 4 wheelers fishign already in the local rivers, and report them found to police and i ended up gettign to keep all 3 of them, and 2 of the 3 ran!

trikezilla
09-23-2005, 11:12 PM
i have found 3 4 wheelers fishign already in the local rivers, and report them found to police and i ended up gettign to keep all 3 of them, and 2 of the 3 ran!

Must have been HONDAs right?? lol

But seriously..it is kinda low to think of saving trikes instead of people :(

bigredhead
09-23-2005, 11:35 PM
I've been watching CNN all night.. they keep repeating the same thing over and over.. but it's also progressing quickly.... insane stuff..

I send my best wishes and hopes for anyone in that area... i hope you guys/girls get thru this in good shape. Hang in there.

trikes4life
09-24-2005, 12:27 PM

Explane a liitle better to me, you found wheelers in a river. How the hell to find a wheeler in a river. How do they get there. What where they? ( i guess i have to go fishing more offten)
:w00t:

trikes4life
09-24-2005, 12:30 PM
yea man...i think someones life is just a bit more important than a 3 wheeler

It was alittle mean. Somepeople's lives are more important.

BIGCRIP28
09-24-2005, 02:23 PM
mine are riding it out right now, they are ok just getting wet. should be good as long as the trees dont fall on them.

Wickedfinger
09-24-2005, 02:52 PM
This post would have been "ok" by my standards - if you just left off the last part. However, since it is a relevent, current topic - I am prepared to leave it. However I HIGHLY recomend removing the second and third sentences, or more bashing will eventually happen and this thread will be locked.

firehart
09-25-2005, 12:46 AM
I am glad to hear that Rita was far less devistating than Katrina. My prayers are out to everyone who lives down there.

Rm250RF900R
09-25-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't think this storm was as destructive as they thought it was going to be. It still looked kinda bad from the pictures i've seen. But most of the damage was just power lines and trees. Some structural damage but not much. Weather channel was great for information. But they also said some people won't have power for a month!

hrc85250r
09-25-2005, 08:43 PM
even if the wheelers were in storms im sure they can be fixed....it would have to be either burned in a tire fire or exploded to be a complete loss....they might get stolen or end up somewhere far away from the original location, now that would suck.

Dave223
10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I had 2 110s and a 200 that went under 4 feet of water for Rita....although its no big deal , flush em out an hope for the best...the worst party are the wiring harnesses but i have a couple buckets full of harnesses. I personally saw a Honda 125 dirt bike, a 6 month old Banshee floating back tires up, lots of 4 wheelers floaring in various positions, and this was in a one square mile area....Im in Houma La, south of New Orleans. The reason mine stayed was I only had room and time to move 5 of em out, and when you have 32 breaches in the levee, the water comes up FAST, dave

brapp
10-04-2005, 09:27 AM
well i found a yamaha yfm80, the old non suspended badger, and thats the 1st one, itdidnt runverry well, it was a littlre busted up but got it runnign about 3 months later, btu i foun da trx250* i think it wa san 85 after a flood,put fresh gas and oil and use da jump box and fired right up, and i reported it found to the police station, and noone reported it lost so i got to keep that, and i also found a old klt110 in a river, wreap3ed around a tree, same thing, fresh gas and oil and fired right up btu it didnt shift right , ended up gettign to keep that one too, btu the motor was kinda shot and got to put a blastermotor into it, talk about a wild ride!

trikes4life
10-04-2005, 04:40 PM
The honda is a score, been looking around for an old 250. Where there fenders wasted?