PDA

View Full Version : yamaha banshee seal placement ?????? pics

kasuki
09-25-2005, 08:06 PM
here is the story i have decided to rebuild my banshee motor instead of trading it.now i have the lowerend almost together but i need some opinions on some things.this is the first two stroke motor i have ever built i asked some guys on bansheehq but i never get answers im looking for(details) you guys on here are great about helping people out. o.k first thing i put all brand new seals in the lowerend now my question is i put lithium grease on the inner lips and on the back of the seals that butt up against the bearings. i have this pionted out in the pics below.i have also put a pic of the grease i have used and a pic of the motor.tell me what you think will it be o.k.

kasuki
09-25-2005, 08:09 PM
here is the next seal

kasuki
09-25-2005, 08:23 PM
here are the pics i lost them some how

sblt500r
09-25-2005, 08:36 PM
i don't put grease on engine seals. i use oil and put it on the seal and on the shaft the seal rides on. you really don't need to use grease on engine seals, it will just be washed out by the oil when you get the engine running. but i do put grease and oil on the main seals, really no reason just want to get the most lubrication on the crank i can.

Mosh
09-28-2005, 06:47 PM
i use silicone paste. lithium can damage rubber seals. make sure you have the seals facing the correct direction. there is a difference. also banshee seals have grooves to fit in the case. make sure those are lined up properly

kasuki
09-29-2005, 01:02 PM
i did put the seals in the grooves and i did put them in the right direction.i used asm oil litium grease because yamaha called for it.thanks for the reply