PDA

View Full Version : need nitro help

Macs
10-03-2005, 06:51 PM
i had given up on my thunder quake until reading the last thread about r/c and decided to pull it beck out. i had broke the pull rope, buti have me an ez start system on order. What is has been doing is, after cranked it runs good until i open it up then it bogs and stays bogged. it will not clear out. i have messed a ton with the carb adjustments but everytime it made it very, very hard to start which led to the broke pull rope. i bought this as a used/ as is vehicle from tower hobbies. any help will be appreciated. this is my first nitro car and if i cant get this right i am am going back to electric.

85 250sx
10-03-2005, 10:16 PM
well with my nitro car i have noticed that if it doesnt start right away (1-4) pulls it will flood itself out and will not start no matter how long you keep pulling. When it is flooded it also becomes prety hard to pull the pull rope. once its flooded take the glow plug off and dry it out i usaly blow all the gas off and stick it onto the glow stick untill it gets bright orange and is complety dry. while the glow plug is still off i pull on the pull rope a couple times to get exess fuel out of the chamber. afer all this put the glow plug back into the engine and stick the glowstick on and try starting it again. it usauly helps if the engine is reved up a bit too while i try to start it. Hope this helps you out a bit

RCGUY
10-04-2005, 11:46 AM
The frist thing you need to do is set the carb adjustments back to factory setting and then try running it , at that setting it should run but not very good . If that don't work clean the air filter , try new fuel , change the glow plug , just because it looks good don't mean that it is good and if none of that helps its time for a rebulid

Macs
10-04-2005, 02:40 PM
i am not sure what the factory setting are.

RCGUY
10-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I'll find out what they are and let you know

TrikeKid
10-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Are you warming it up? You should start it and leave a glow igniter on the plug for a minute and lightly rev it up against a wall.

Macs
10-04-2005, 07:20 PM
well i never tried that. soon as it would start i would take off the igniter. it would stay running but run awful

RCGUY
10-04-2005, 08:11 PM
The high speed should be 2 and a half turns out and the low speed should be flush with carb body

cliff2302
10-04-2005, 08:32 PM
i'm still a rook in the RC business, but i read an article a couple months ago on glow plugs. I cant remember it that well and i dont have it with me at college, but i remember them saying stuff about different glowplugs having better off-idle response because the elements are less shrowded. Also, i might check to make sure you even have the right glow plug in, and check it to make sure it is still good. Hope this helps.