PDA

View Full Version : Garbage picking

trikes4life
10-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Anyone find anything in the carbage that was 3 wheeler related, that was usable.

TrikeKid
10-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Where would you go dumpster diving for trike parts?

Jim mac
10-06-2005, 12:12 AM
the city does their bulky trash pick up every 6 months here, I'll tell you its like a swap meet. anyway last year, I had the day off so I cruised the neighborhood early, and theres a 110 honda sitting on the curb. I went and knocked on the door just to make sure it was being tossed, and sure enough, the lady says it doesn't run.
I load that thing up take it home clean the carb, turn the rotor 180 and it fires right up! call a guy I know that has about 100 of these thing on his property, and he sells me a seat for 50 bucks and I have a nice honda 110.
But, like a idiot I sell it a month later, and kick myself. Now I've got two more for sale and if and when they sell I'll probably kick myself again. Jim

3 weelin geezer
10-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Well if they go to a good home that won't part them out in the name of the Almighty Dollar, I would say go for it.

Billy Golightly
10-06-2005, 01:04 PM
I picked up at ATC110 gas tank out of the trash one time, got it home and it was all rusted up so I ended up chunking it too. Could have red-kote'd it I guess.

Huffa
10-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I never found any 3 wheeler related items but I do love garbage picking! There is some very valuble stuff in "garbage" sometimes.

Yamahauler
10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Last week I was taking the garbage out to the dump from our shop and I saw an airchisle in our garbage, so I figured it was wrecked, so I just chucked it in the pile. The next day at work, one guy came up to me showing me this airchisle he found at the dump that worked. I told him I threw that out yesterday. I thought that was quiet the coincidence.