PDA

View Full Version : What shipper do you use?

chris200x
10-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Not sure where to post this one but for those of you that sell on ebay what shipping guys do you use. Not real sure about this but I just sarted selling on ebay (on my own) and I'm getting alot of crap from potential buyes about too high of shipping. See, my X used to do all this crap and I really need to get a clue. A hunting bow i was selling came up using the shipping calculator $108.76! :eek: :rolleyes: for ups ground (i believe that's what I chose for the shipper. Can someone walk me through this? Which one is the easiest cheapest way to go!

smokinwrench
10-10-2005, 10:28 PM
I use usps for almost everything. Only things I ship ups are the over sized items that usps won't take.

You can goto www.usps.com and get shipping quotes. They are usually very close.

jeswinehart
10-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Every hometown has a post office. Pay attention to what smokinwrench says about over size packages ,,,, it will change your cost quite abit.
I really like using the shipping caculater method offered. You just hafta get the weight right and over size packages will just take some time to learn.
I would have put that bow in the "oversized" section of the calculater.
Anyways ,,, it will save you from needing to answere the age old quiston
HOW much to ship to my place in Iowaway,,, down in the corner of the state ??? ( I have had that asked of me - no reply ).
I am lucky in so far as living on the Mi/Ind. state line ,,, it makes a huge difference in shipping times to folks by a couple of days normally ,,,, depending on wich way it is headed.

john

smokinwrench
10-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I also never use a bigger box then needed. Every box is cut to exact size. I just charge a flat rate for shipping. Some packages I will be a couple bucks low and some I will be a couple high. I have parted out 2 complete quads on ebay and I was within $10 of exact shipping on the second one.

chris200x
10-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Yea, i changed the listing on the bow auction to a flat rate. Live and learn I guess. Most of the stuff I'm selling can be shipped in padded envelopes but is it too late to ship them usps since the auctions already say ups ground? Is that priority thing part of the post office also?

250rAL
10-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Post office for small things and DHL for larger things. DHL is by far the cheapest but don't tell anybody or everybody will use it and the prices will go up---whoops...

smokinwrench
10-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Is that priority thing part of the post office also?

Yes I even get free boxes from the post office www.usps.com

chris200x
10-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Well here's what I did. for all the smaller packages i emailed the buyers and gave them the option of either ups or usps. To my suprise ( :rolleyes: ) a couple people already got back to me saying they would prefer the post office. I didn't want to charge for ups ground then take it to the post office anyway. I'll get this ebay thing figured out yet! :lol:

smokinwrench
10-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Here is my ebay list right now. I just guess on the shipping cost of everything. I should be very clsoe when its all shipped.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsmokinwrenchQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?