PDA

View Full Version : Be on the look out

westcoast TRI-Z
10-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Somtime soon, maybe this week, There is going to be a Tiger 500 up for sale on ebay. I read the info over at atvconnection.com in the 3 wheeler forums. :TrikesOwn

Orangecnty250r
10-10-2005, 07:19 PM
The guy said he's had about 100 calls and an offer of $5500 already. Should be an interesting auction. I originally thrrew an offer last week of 4500.00 when the pic was posted in Trikesylvania and that was put to shame. About 4500 was as high as I wanted to go so its up to someone else here to get it.

88 Turbo Coupe
10-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I wonder if he rode it without the pipe

ATCwithdrawals
10-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Anybody know who it is that has it?? They been offered 5500.00 for it and didn't sell it! wow !

Orangecnty250r
10-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Never hit Ebay....Sold to a CAN AM museum in Alberta :wondering Damm and I sold some stuff real quick to try to be the HIGH bidder if it hit ebay.

No Tiger 500 for me :(

MTS
10-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Never hit Ebay....Sold to a CAN AM museum in Alberta :wondering Damm and I sold some stuff real quick to try to be the HIGH bidder if it hit ebay.

No Tiger 500 for me :(
Im gona have to track this mueseam down! i know there is a guy up north of me that has been buying every tiger, can am, old sled in the province, called him up he has tigers but he aint sellin them!!! :mad:

Yamahauler
10-17-2005, 10:12 AM
I know where I'm going the next time im in AB. Thats if anyone figures out where it is.

Rm250RF900R
10-17-2005, 11:34 AM
I can't believe the guy even sold it. If I had a Tiger 500 I would never sell it. Even if I was offered 10,000. Those things are just too damn rare. Do you know how much that thing will be worth in another 10 or 20 years? Big bucks. I guess the same guy he got that one from has another one thats a basket case. If it had all the parts too it that would be a very nice project. One of you guys should talk to him and see where it is.

darrel632
10-18-2005, 12:55 PM
If its in Alberta, in a museum it is in Wetaskawin at the Reynolds museum [1 780 361 1351], its the only place I've ever seen in this provence (and I look alot), that collects and shows old bikes, I haven't seen many trikes there.
There was something strange about the way that machine showed up, was posted, (Please no offence to kasey) and dissapeared before any information was really gathered, All machines in the Reynolds museum are on LOAN they do not purchase anything on display. The curator will find it if its been sent to Western Canada (via customs) and tell me a location if possible, or if its on display anywhere in Western Canada. I'll post if I find anything.

darrel632
10-18-2005, 05:36 PM
According to the curator there has not been any ATC's sent to Western Canada for museum display in 2 years, the gentelman does not know of any private "Can AM" or motorcycle displays which have a Tiger, or any other "historical" ATC other than a 1970 US 90 in Calgary and a couple of Honda's on display in Vancouver. He will continue to look; now if you want to see a 1918 motorcyle its a great place to go, as well as some flat trackers, a couple of hill climbers and a bunch of pre/post WW11 heavy bikes (US and British). They have about 150 bikes, a whack of airplanes, cars, trucks etc. No trikes right now.Neat place none the less.

88 Turbo Coupe
10-18-2005, 06:49 PM
I can't believe the guy even sold it. If I had a Tiger 500 I would never sell it. Even if I was offered 10,000. Those things are just too damn rare. Do you know how much that thing will be worth in another 10 or 20 years? Big bucks. I guess the same guy he got that one from has another one thats a basket case. If it had all the parts too it that would be a very nice project. One of you guys should talk to him and see where it is.

I think you got it wrong. A Prototype of any 3wheeler is gunna bring the big bucks. A production model will not bring in as much as a "Ptype".