PDA

View Full Version : Got a Jeep!!!!!!

84honda 200X
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I just bought a cj5 for 400 bucks i about shat my pants when he said he wanted that much for it. I thought that he would want 600 to 800 for it but i was totally taken by surprise. Its all stock with the over head cam 4 cylinder motor and i think it has locking hubs not totally sure. It has a little half cab and i can get a snowplow with it but i dont think i want it. I bought it from a buddy of my dads that has like 5 jeeps and used to go jeeping with my dad when they were younge. I love it so much its awsome to bad i had to sell my chevy to buy it but owel i got 750 for the chevy.

ATC crazy
10-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Awesome. Some friends of mine are about to buy an old military Jeep with a 327 corvette motor in it sitting on 33" boggers for $400 also.

wheelie king
10-11-2005, 06:48 PM
I love CJ-5s...can you tell ??? (sig)

:pics:

84honda 200X
10-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I love this thing to i looked at it again today and i need to put new floor boards in it and thats it i was shocked when i found out it just needs floor boards and some dents pounded out. Its got the original motor in it im thinking about swapping a 305 or a amc 304 if i can find the 304 but i might just keep it stock i dont know yet. But its getting some more aggressive tires for sure and a winch.

85hondaatc125m
10-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey wheelie_king, what is that thing doing on a trailer, that is not trailer queen it should be out getting muddy and stuck in a lake or something, I used to have a Jeep Renegade too, but it wasa 6 speed mountain bike. That jeep looks good though

wheelie king
10-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Mine (pictured above) was originally equipped with a 304, but a 4 speed manual was mated to a 360 from a Wagoneer. With headers, straight pipe duals, and a Holley, it's a nasty rig. Will absolutely RIP 35s in the mud, no problem. If I could give advice, if you want a V8, go with the 304. The 360 is harder to come by, and not much more powerful. That 4 banger is light, easy to work on, and reliable, though. Don't be too quick to pitch it. That's a great motor for a CJ-5

Good luck.

And it is on a trailer going to a mud run event. Definitely NOT AFRAID to get dirty :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

84honda 200X
10-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Ive already got a 360 from a jeep wagoneer i own but its a automatic transimission mated to it and i dont realy want to go out and find a tranny and bell houseing and everything to make the switch. I think i might just stick with the fourbanger. My dad has a International 4banger in his jeep but it doesnt seem to have alot of power but it works good for mudding i think its just geared alittle to high. Does anyone know of an easy and legal way to give CJ's a lift? I know you can do the spring over axle conversion but i cant remeber if its legal or how it handles.

wheelie king
10-13-2005, 07:45 AM
If you spring over, check the legality in your state, and you would have to fabricate some sway bars to keep from rolling when you turn. Lengthen your brake lines, and you are all set. I would put the largest tire I could on the stock setup (maybe a small shackle lift). This will keep your center of gravity down, keep it reliable, and be the easiest. My jeep clears 33s on the stock springs, and I LOVE it. Still streetable but GREAT offroad.

84honda 200X
10-13-2005, 09:36 PM
I dont want or need super big tires 31's would do perfect for it with the stock axles and gearing so im not going realy big on tires.