PDA

View Full Version : I just went insane and Bought a 250 SX was I rash?

Meat-BoX
10-11-2005, 09:10 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-Honda-250sx-3-Wheeler_W0QQitemZ4581986100QQcategoryZ43981QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

I saw it at $500 and before I knew it I hit the Buy Button. :eek:
It looks allright for $500 and I know they are sought after, but was I a Fool in buying this Trike for the Price. It needs a little TLC as far as I know and Hopefully he is being honest. It may be time to sell my 125M :crazy:

Please give me your honest opinions. I cant believe I just did that.

chris200x
10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't think you went insane... I think you finally came to your senses! :lol: I ain't to sure about that "skips 3rd gear though"? :wondering nice score

Tri-ZNate
10-11-2005, 09:17 PM
the "skips 3rd gear" and "only clicks on electric" worry me. May just need the battery charged. Not bad I'd say but your probably gonna need to do a tranny rebuild.

Also if you want a front brake cable I have one. I was mudding one day and somehow my lever and grip got between a tree and I backed up not realizing this and the lever snapped right off. So the cable is fine. Pay for shipping and it's yours.

Huffa
10-11-2005, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't be worried about the click-starting problem as that may just be loose wiring or a bad starter relay and even if it is the starter it's still not that big of a deal.

The 3rd gear, wonder if he means it goes in and pops out or goes right from 2nd to 4th? That will need attention for sure but that's what you have us for!

It doesn't look bad at all but then pictures for sure make a machine look better then they really are. He could have mentioned much more detail about the machine, although you could have asked also but I favor a deal more when the seller takes a lousy 10 minutes of thought to desribe the thing.

For instance, is that shadow on the tank hiding a small dent, I'm not sure?

Tri-ZNate
10-11-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah thats a "beauty mark" huffa

zoomerman
10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
He also had it wet and that would cover up most of the scatches on the fenders. It looks like a dent on the right side of the gas tank like huffa mentioned already, but for 500 i would but it. You weren't rash at all

Huffa
10-11-2005, 09:48 PM
yeah thats a "beauty mark" huffa

:lol: :lol:

Hey you guys, look close, I see one thing that should be fixed right away before he rides it for saftey reasons. Can you find it?

If my 50 year old eyes can see it, yours should too !

The rear rim looks like it may be bashed on the edges a bit also. not trying to make you nervous MB, just picking out the things I can see "wrong".

dreadhed
10-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Not a bad buy.

edog
10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Could get some parts if you need them.

Meat-BoX
10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
cAN YOU GUY TELL ME ABOUT THIS TRIKE AND TELL ME WHERE IT STANDS IN POPULARITY AND WHY> dOES IT HAVE REVERSE AND IS IT SHAFT> tHINGS like that>

Omg my keyboard is shot

Tell me why this is a good deal for $500 AND WHY i SHOULD RESTORE IT AS best I can. And can I get Parts?

edog
10-11-2005, 09:53 PM
The break pedal.

Meat-BoX
10-11-2005, 09:55 PM
OMG is that the Rear brake pedal stickin way out past the end of the foot peg?
:( Fear 4 me :(

Huffa
10-11-2005, 09:58 PM
OMG is that the Rear brake pedal stickin way out past the end of the foot peg?
:( Fear 4 me :(

YEP :lol: No big deal really but geez, the guy couldn't mention that? OK, I suppose he didn't see it and know it was like that. :lol:

Foot peg is just a bit tweakeed also.

Meatbox, when you go to P/* don't be afraid to get upset a bit and ask the guy why he didn't mention this, and that, and this. You can mentoin to him that you won't give him a negative on ebay feedback but will tell buyers to beware that item was not described as good as it could have been.

Meat-BoX
10-11-2005, 09:59 PM
What an all original Old Timer owned 84 Honda 125 M worth. New Tires and Rims. I may have to sell it. I dpont want to though

Tri-ZNate
10-11-2005, 10:05 PM
ok to answer your former post. The SX gets along with most people and if taken care of can be very friendly and popular with most atc riders. They sport a shaft drive with reverse and weigh a mere 357lb dry weight. Drum brakes all around and are and excelent beginner wheelie bike as well as a fun trike all around. Have fun.

Huffa
10-11-2005, 10:09 PM
What an all original Old Timer owned 84 Honda 125 M worth. New Tires and Rims. I may have to sell it. I dpont want to though

I had the same one but was in even a hair better shape with having the storage lid. I paid 325 for it and sold it for :eek: 750 at a auction 4 year later!

Seems like the little ones almost fetch what the full size ones do and more sometimes!

Yours is quite nice, as long as your not hiding any damage on the other side.

zoomerman
10-11-2005, 10:11 PM
man i wish mine looked like that... mine is like ** parts bike lol but it still runs... and huffa i only 400 for mine candian and i need almost everying to make it look like that!!

Huffa
10-11-2005, 10:19 PM
man i wish mine looked like that... mine is like ** parts bike lol but it still runs... and huffa i only 400 for mine candian and i need almost everying to make it look like that!!

If you buy them off ebay or off 3WW most know what they are worth. I found mine at a garage sale and the guy had no idea what so ever what it was worth.

I whipped out the 325 quick and drove home :D as can be!

Oh man!!!!!!! Did you see that three part ones (all same sale) on EB went for $109 ? I was going to bid on it but fell a sleep :mad:

email the winner and see if he has some parts for you! :beer

zoomerman
10-11-2005, 10:22 PM
well on mine i have almost everything working on it now expcet the electric start, kill switch and headlight. but i got my key switch working and i replaced the clutch plates once i get the wiring fixed and the seat redone with new foam then i'm going to sell it

bigredhead
10-11-2005, 10:30 PM
The electric start should be fixable ... no problems there.. selenoid.. or brushes or battery.. at worst.. all 3, but good chance it's one of those.

Check the kicker when you get there.. make sure it's not slipping. the 85's are notorious for worn out kicker gears...

The missing 3rd is a concern... i hope it's only the shift drum and not the tranny itself.. check the oil before you pay, remove the dip stick and check for flakes or grit etc...

Check the swingarm bearings and the rear diff oil as well.

Brake lever is a minor issue. easy fix.

It looks ok for what you won the auction for.. i'd check it all out and if you find a slew of things not menioned in the auction.. offer 400 and check his reaction.

But if everything else checks out.. bearings solid.. forks not leaking, diff in good order with clean oil.. it's worth 500 and you will not miss your 125.

the SX is the best thing going of all the trikes personally... unless you are into the R's Z's and T3's.... that's a whole other gall game.

If you are having fun on the 125.. wait until you get this thing going. you will never go back.

Huffa
10-11-2005, 10:44 PM
It looks ok for what you won the auction for.. i'd check it all out and if you find a slew of things not menioned in the auction.. offer 400 and check his reaction.

Yep! He may come down if you speak your mind about all the things he did not mention. They would rather give some money off then have a negative on their ebay feedback.

I won a 200S a while back and there was so much wrong with it that he didn't mention that i just had to speak up and the guy offered me 50 bucks NOT to take it just for my trouble of coming down! Like an arse, I said no,no I'll take it and as I drove away I thought "why in the world didn't I just ask him to get 50 off of the machine then"? :lol: Just wasn't thinking :rolleyes:

Meat-BoX
10-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I bought a 225 dx on E-Bay that was misrepresented I told him I didnt want to start trouble but I was upset because he didnt mention a bunch of stuff. I asked for $50 bucks back to my pay-pal and he did. That was in NY. This 250 SX is in Mass. 265 miles away :wondering
I cant afford to go there and see that its junk. I hit the buy button thinking it would ask for my name and password. Then I was gonna think about it. I guess I messed up. Allways wanted a 250 sx though.

The Honda 125 M has no damage it looks that good on all sides. I just didnt get that side in a pic. Whats a beauty like that worth? Would any1 want to buy it? Just in case I love that 125 M its so Original and clean. :w00t:

Huffa
10-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I'd say with it cleaned up as good as possible a good 500-600.

MB, stay tuned on Friday if your around. I am picking up a 87 125M thats all original except the two rear tires.
Thing is really dirty but it's all their and started 1st pull. Only $350. Needs a headlight bracket and I think thats it but more then likely will find a few more small items it needs behind all the dirt :(

I always say it looks like a mini SX 250.

bigredhead
10-11-2005, 11:06 PM
I bet it don't perform line an SX tho !

double the motor.. and add suspension.

Rm250RF900R
10-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Where abouts in Mass is it? There was one for sale in the want ad. Could be the same one. But I think they wanted $850 for this one.

Meat-BoX
10-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Hubbardston, Massachusetts

I guess the Plastic is messed up allso. He said it was an older pic. I hope I wasnt foolish but I think I was.

83200e
10-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Dont let buyers remorse spoil your fun. You bought it,go get it and enjoy it. :w00t:

225dx
10-12-2005, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about the plastic. Spend about 200 dollars and buy new Maier platic front and back. Their not original but they look great and fit pretty good.

Rm250RF900R
10-12-2005, 02:12 PM
hubbardston is about 20 mins from me. Nice area.