PDA

View Full Version : SELLER " NEEDS" MY REAL NAME TO SEND MY STUFF????

ATC#25
10-12-2005, 09:50 PM
I've Bought Quite A Few Things (all With Tracking Numbers) And No One Has Ever Required My "real" Name.

Anybody Else Ever Experience This?

No Message In My Ebay Inbox, Only In Hotmail.

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Your real name? Yes, uhh.. why wouldnt you have them send it to your real name? Its not like you are passing out your SS number and credit cards.

ATC#25
10-12-2005, 10:32 PM
alright then just checking. better safe than sorry. i've never had anyone ask for my name before to get a tracking #.

thanx,
jr.

wanta250r
10-12-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't know. Is it an ebay message email or just an email. Whenever I get the ebay message email, it always comes up in my ebay inbox also. But it shouldn't matter anyway.

Billy Golightly
10-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Seller might have emailed directly to you...not uncommon. Real name is pretty standard request when shipping something...

thedeatons
10-14-2005, 04:44 PM
No offense, but that's bullstuff... I have Paypal registered as my quasi-business name, which is Twin Stripes Racing, and everyone I have done business with addresses my packages as such. As long as the address is correct, it does not matter. If you go by Burt's Golf Carts, they should be able to label the box as such....

ATC#25
10-14-2005, 09:13 PM
All my other purchases have gone like thedeatons[/*],aside from this one. No bad experiences yet.

I gave them(Inland ATV) my name, they gave me a UPS tracking # and it was legit. Package to arrive 10/17/05. I checked the feedback and it seemed pretty impressive.

My wife monitors all our accounts daily just to be safe.