PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate and Misleading Ebay Seller

thedeatons
10-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Read this item title and try and decipher what is for sale here:

Honda ATC 70,TRX 70 ATC70 Rear Fender Nice ! NOS

I read it as being an NOS Honda 70 fender, and got very excited. They low buy it now price threw me off, but I opened the auction anyway, and it turns out the dude is selling seat foam! (Item # 458262097 by the way)

This is what I emailed the seller:

Is there a specific reason you fool people into looking at your auctions by listing a piece of foam as an -ATC70 Rear Fender Nice! NOS-? In what way is this foam an NOS fender? Please list differently, as it's annoying, false advertising.

This was his response:

Maybe you should learn more about E-bay.
Its states exactly what you are bidding on in the auction ! To answer your question ....The seat foam is made to fit A OEM fender and Nos is in the listing for NOS buyers that want a quality fit!
there are many items listed this way....so dont wast your time e-mailing people if you dont know what your talking about....If this auction was misleading way did you write me ? You must understand it is for the seat foam only !!!???

This was my response to his response:

I'm not wasting time, and of course I understood - AFTER OPENING THE AUCTION. I emailed you because I was looking for a fender for an ATC70, and so your auction came up. I understand that if you put other subjects in your title it will help your listing pop up more often, but YOU SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE -SEAT FOAM- IN YOUR TITLE, so buyer's time is not wasted when looking for something. If you read your title is is misleading. If it said -ATC70 NOS Rear Fender Seat Foam- then we could have avoided this problem. You should also think about what you write before replying to a perspective buyer. Your reply was WAY harsh and clues me in on the kind of customer service I will receive when working with you. All you had to say was -Thank you for the comment, this will be considered-. I see nothing wrong with helping people clarify their listings. Most people are happy I take the time to assist with their auctions. Good day. James

What do you guys think about this situation? I personally HATE IT when I'm mislead into opening somebody's auction due to a poor title... Let me know... James

bigredhead
10-14-2005, 07:14 PM
I agree with you.

A few weeks ago i put a bid on " Lithium Sulfur Batteries " for my electric bike.. under the logic " Lithium Rechargable " .. but nope.. radio batteries. one time use.. 200 $ plus.

I e-mailed the guy about 10 times over the 7 day listing and he never replied to confirm if they were rechargable or not..... i withdrew my auction ( Actually posted here for advice on how to widthdraw ) .. and after the auction i get a nasty e-mail for doing so.... some people. i tell ya.

Gotta be careful on e-bay.......

thedeatons
10-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Ahhh... some reassurance... wonder if I'll receive any oponents... Anyone know this guy by the way?

Orangecnty250r
10-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Ive seen the one you are talking before and its definetly "borderline" deceitful. i really didnt care for it myself.

88 Turbo Coupe
10-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Looks like the seller revised the add to be more honest

42F67N
10-14-2005, 10:47 PM
I bought a rear fender decal off the guy and he was good to deal with as far as that went.

thedeatons
10-14-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't see a revision... Like I said, it was the title that was out of whack, not the add. The add is very honest, and tells everything, but the title should be more specific as to what is for sale here....

wanta250r
10-15-2005, 12:44 AM
I don't get it. The guy is trying to sell seat foam. Yet his title has nothing to say about it. He's talking about a fender. If someone was looking to buy some foam, they wouldn't even click on it because it says nothing about what he is trying to sell. This is pure stupidity in my opinion. I don't get it.

thedeatons
10-15-2005, 01:38 AM
I love this forum and the vindication it has given me.... :lol:

88 Turbo Coupe
10-15-2005, 07:08 AM
I don't see a revision... Like I said, it was the title that was out of whack, not the add. The add is very honest, and tells everything, but the title should be more specific as to what is for sale here....

Ebay # 4582620974

thedeatons
10-15-2005, 11:47 AM
I still don't get where you said it was revised.... Can you help me out? Like I said, it's the title that needs revision though... James

88 Turbo Coupe
10-15-2005, 05:51 PM
The title is a little deceiving (but what else is new these days) but the body of the description is a pretty good.

OldSchoolin86
10-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm not too concerned with morals in this case but if you wanted to sell something wouldn't you title it to come up on a search? That would be like saying, "for sale, 1989 buick regal" and then seeing the description say for sale, spare tire for buicks.