PDA

View Full Version : 20 mph crash

mike from long island
10-16-2005, 08:38 PM
here is the damage that was caused when my younger brother went to pass a vinyard tractor on the road. he went around the tractor and hit a puddle. he said he hydroplaned into a telephone poll. only around 20 mph. i looked it over it isnt that bad but i dont think the truck will be the same. the truck is running 12 inches of lift with 44 inch tires. he is fine ofcourse just a little shook up. he thought the truck was going to roll over. he said all the crap on the dash slide towards him when he hit the telephone poll. well learn a lesson here. drive slow after 7 days of rain :D :D :D :D

rman
10-16-2005, 08:53 PM
man that really stinks did it do alot of damage to the suspension and axle? :cry:

dirtface
10-16-2005, 09:18 PM
If the frame isn't bent, it should be fixable. To nice of a truck not to fix.

mike from long island
10-16-2005, 09:27 PM
the truck will be fixed. the axle doesnt look bent but he will have to start taking it apart to see. the reason why the tire is pushed back so far is the *-bolts that hold the axle to the springs moved back shocks are bent,fender crushed, even got the rocker, the frame looks ok too. thats just a big truck with lots of weight. i think thats why so much was moved back. i think he is just pisssed some and will fix it another day. god knows he has two other trucks to drive lol

YAMAHA_Jim
10-17-2005, 09:38 PM
I was there and saw the whole thing. Got a good digital pic too.:lol: Hehe
Sry to here about the accident.Looks like the tire took the most hit. Looks all fixable but still alot of time,money and headaches to get her back to new.Good luck

ATC crazy
10-17-2005, 09:44 PM
That thing would still never make it through the mud holes I go to every weekend. :lol:

But seriously...I love the truck...get 'er fixed and go wheelin'!

hrc200x
10-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Thats a sweet truck, gotta love the older crew cabs. If its a Dana 60 it probably is fine. How did the pole miss the front bumper but hit the tire? Must have just clipped it? That thing makes 44's look small. What mods were done to get the front drive shaft not to bind?

trikes=fun
10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
I was there and saw the whole thing. Got a good digital pic too.:lol: Hehe
Sry to here about the accident.Looks like the tire took the most hit. Looks all fixable but still alot of time,money and headaches to get her back to new.Good luck
thats funny that didtal pic with the drawn in pole lol lol lol:Bounce :beer :w00t: :w00t: :lol: :lol: :pics: :pics: :D

Banage
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
hydroplane at 20 mph? new tires, glad hes ok though