PDA

View Full Version : LOL, the stressed parts dealer

OldSchoolin86
10-18-2005, 10:25 AM
I ordered a chain slider for a swingarm a week and a half ago from small local dealer. The guy I talked to was real nice and said it would be there in 3 days. I haven't heard anything and my service company had me swamped the later part of last week into the weekend so I never got around calling them. I called today to see if it finally got there and I got the stressed lady this time. I'm puzzled how they are in business with someone like this but I'm also laughing at her attitude.

Just answering the phone she had a heavy amount of stress in her voice. She said the name of the place then crudely asked "what do you want!” Taken by surprise I asked for parts and she says "I am parts, what do you want!” Normally I'd be pissed but I'm trying not to laugh. I asked if my part came in and she sighs then asks for my last name. I give it to her and she says "it's here". I've never been there before so I asked what the best way to get there is. She pauses, sighs and says "well, where are you coming from?" and she sighed again. I told her and she gave me the directions.

Now this is were I did laugh at her. Keep in mind I'm being nice and trying to be as compliant to her needs as I can so far. Every place I've ever ordered parts from calls me when they are in. I asked, do you normally call people when parts are in? She sighs again!!! The sigh is followed with "I don't have time to call people!" I laughed and said ok lady, I’ll be in soon to get the part.

Needless to say I'll never bother her with a parts orders again. Being in the Milwaukee/Chicago area there are way to many shops to put up with that crap. Sadly the good dealers are getting harder to find. This is why I wrench my own stuff and I mostly use the internet for orders. On a positive note I live near Midwest Action Cycle (MAC) and they have always been a good place to order from. The ironic part about that is although they have a nice little dealership they are mostly a mail order company. I guess that’s what sets their service apart from others.

bigredhead
10-18-2005, 11:20 AM
You know.. i take calls for a living.. and it's incredible how you can make or break your own day just by how you present your attitude on the initial answer of the call.

Some of the co-workers are in a lousy mood all day long. and they get nothing but irate callers... all day long.. lol... suckers.