PDA

View Full Version : Phat Albert, lets go Cards!

Blown 331
10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
I work in St. Louis and live about 20 minutes away but on the IL side. Would be cool to have an Illinois and Missouri world series.

Maine_Triker
10-18-2005, 02:37 PM
I think the cards are going to win it all. I hear that was a pretty dramatic game last night with the 3 run homer and all... is it a come back?

Phil

Blown 331
10-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah it was awesome, I was up watching it. It was pretty much unbelievable, the Astros were celebrating their first trip to the world series. When Albert said not yet. I think it's a come back. The rest of the series will be played in St. Louis. It's tough to win in Houston. They have a weird park, left field is so shallow plus you have that "hill" in the outfieild, what is up with that? Houston took the lead with a 3 run homer, it was only 315 feet, pretty much any other park and that would have been a fly out. Pujols was 415 feet to the same area. Last year the Astro's were up 3-2 coming to back to St. Louis and they didn't get it done. We'll see I guess.
The announcer said there has never been a world series game played our largest state. Funny. No kidding, Alaska doesn't have a team! lol. Any Houston fans on here?

RichinMO
10-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Hell Yeah, I saw it too. Pujols was off the chain! I'm just glad I stayed up to watch it even though I had to get up at 3:20AM.

Yardbird
10-18-2005, 10:47 PM
After Houston hit that 3 run homer, I thought the Cardinals were gonna roll over like they did against Boston last year. I switched channels after the first two outs in the ninth and then switched back. Saw Eckstein on base and was like WTF. Then Edmonds walked and I thought no way Pujols could get it done. Glad I was proven wrong.......Hell Yeah!!!! I especially liked the look on Andy Pettite's face while he mouthed the words "Oh my God!" :lol: I'm back on the bandwagon hahaha. :beer

225dx
10-18-2005, 10:51 PM
And I missed it.:mad: :eek: