PDA

View Full Version : Krylon fushion paint

85 250sx
10-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Hello i am going to paint my rear fenders and radiator shrouds with Krylon fushion paint. But first i wanted to know how close to Honda red the paint actualy is? because i do not plan on painting the gastank or the front fender, becauase those still look good. so i want to make sure they are the same color red because i dont want two differnt shades on my bike. If they do not look very similar in color i am going to change the color sheme around

wanta86r
10-18-2005, 04:48 PM
sorry man, but it will never match the oem plastic color

bigredhead
10-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Depending on how faded your current colors are...

best bet is to buy a can.. shoot up a scrap piece of plastic.. let it dry completely and see how close it matches.

85 250sx
10-18-2005, 07:03 PM
yeah i figured it wouldnt be exactly the same but i just didnt want it to be two totaly differnt shads of red.

Tri-ZNate
10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Passion Red is as close as I've gotten. Here is a pic of a passion red tank. Honda says either scarlet red or passion red, I say passion red.

Bill X_R
10-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I would paint the under-side of the fenders first to see if it's a match. Have you tried to sand the fenders first? People seem to have great luck with that as opposed to painting.

85 250sx
10-18-2005, 09:42 PM
yes ive tried twice and both times they came out like crap im not to sure why? my gas tank and front fender came out great. im not to worried about the rear fenders or radiator shrouds since there maier and not oem

hondatrikesrule22
10-19-2005, 12:00 PM
New fenders are always the way to go. However, if you're low on cash, Krylon can come through. Here is a fork gaurd for my rm 125 that I painted with Fusion. It turned out good. I bought all new black plastics for my bike, but I painted these. I could only get them in white, and they ran $30 a pair. So I painted the old ones.

So you tried sanding your plastics? Sanding is only to get the finer scratches, and making them shine. Try Scraping them with a razorblade. Hold it straight up, and move it across the surface, kinda like your coloring. Sand them afterwards using Chainsaws guide, and they should turn out better than new.

85 250sx
10-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Well i aready started painting them and i already have 3 coats on them. This is not a show trike and alot of time i ride in tight trails so thats why i didnt feal like spending $250+ on new rear fenders.

So how many coats of paint do you guys recomend? Is the paint pretty durable or is it going to scratch off pretty easy?

Troll 2
10-19-2005, 03:14 PM
I like fusion paint for areas that wont get to abused. It will wear off and scratch with time. Still cheaper than new fenders getting scratched up though....lol :beer