PDA

View Full Version : 3 Wheeler Mag

Nick_n_ii
10-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Are there any publications divoted to three wheelers only any more? If so what are they and how do I get a copy.?

Thanks Nick:beer

nouseforaname90
10-20-2005, 03:02 PM
I am almost positive that no magazine is devoted to JUST 3 wheeling anymore. But this got me thinking. I think the forum should make a monthly magazine or "newspaper" about trikes and stuff. I don't know how they would go about it, but I'm sure there are enough members on this site that would buy it for the site to make a profit to support itself. I don't know. Just throwing an idea out there. What do you all think?

thefox
10-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Are there any publications divoted to three wheelers only any more? If so what are they and how do I get a copy.?

Thanks Nick:beer

Nope, your only chance is to pick an old one up on ebay.

Rm250RF900R
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
I am almost positive that no magazine is devoted to JUST 3 wheeling anymore. But this got me thinking. I think the forum should make a monthly magazine or "newspaper" about trikes and stuff. I don't know how they would go about it, but I'm sure there are enough members on this site that would buy it for the site to make a profit to support itself. I don't know. Just throwing an idea out there. What do you all think?

That is a great idea. I would buy it for sure :w00t:

Cody
10-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Im in on it, now when do we get started?

Air-cooled-R
10-20-2005, 06:55 PM
sounds like a great idea to me. I'd definately buy.

Nick_n_ii
10-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey I'm all for the sighht doing a mag or news letter I'd buy it. We could have different articals writen by members about machine, products, rides places to ride, ride profiles on us CRAZY trikers. It would ROCK. So who has an Idea on how to get it all rollen. I know one more thing we could do trike project articals like in the near future I'm going through a 83' and a 84' 200X (one for me and one for my better half) and a 77'90atc for my daughter, I could do a write up and pictures on those to add to the news letter or Mag. LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trikes=fun
10-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Awesome thats a great idea i'll buy it to, maybe make more people get in to atc's to.

TimSr
10-22-2005, 08:48 AM
Most ATV magazines articles and reports revolve around the latest and greatest in ATV technology. I think it would be very difficult to continuosly find fresh material for a magazine dedicated strictly to 3 wheelers. Even on the forums I find myself sometimes saying "jeeez, not a another thread about xxxxx!"
I also wonder about the circulation. How many trike riders are left in the US, and how many of them would buy a magazine about it on a regular basis. It might be thousands, which might sound like a big number, until you start looking at the actual circulation numbers required to make any magazine a success. Running a magazine is a full time job for several people. Most people would prefer to make enough for food and shelter while they are doing it.
I dont mean to sound negative, but when people sink their fortunes into something, reality must be considered.
I think your best bet would be to shoot for a "Vintage ATV" column in an existing successful ATV publication. A column on a subject that would interest a lot of people, but that the magizines financial survival would not be dependant upon. Your best bet on making that happen would be to convince an existing writer for one of these magazines, or a writer the know of and respect with an interest in vintage atvs to test drive a few articles on the subject.